It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress chides Obama over Libya war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Congress chides Obama over Libya war

www.tehrantimes.com

The resolution also demands answers from the president in the next 14 days on the operation's objective and its cost and says U.S. ground forces must not be used in the Libyan conflict except to rescue U.S. servicemen.

“This is a defining moment for the Constitution. For the president to suggest he got approval from the United Nations is offensive and is wrong. We must stand tall and true to the Constitution,” said Republican lawmaker Jason Chaffetz.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
House rebukes Obama on Libya mission, but does not demand withdrawal
edit on 6/6/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Obama ordered airstrikes in march based on the U.N. resolution of a no fly zone on libya,

but this only allows for 60days of war, and requires approval from congress, this deadline for approval has come and gone.

Dennis kucinich said, “The administration had time to consult with the Arab League, the United Nations, (and) the African Union, but apparently had no time to come to this Congress for approval.”

this quote by kucinich shows our leader does not care about the U.S. or our constitution he has an agenda just like he reads his pre-written speeches he only takes action that his master writes.

there has to be some accountability for the lies being blatantly told to us by our leaders who are all profiting while we tax paying citizens who keep our country alive struggle and eat the scraps from our robber baron power hungry elite.

the additional news link
shows how serious the house is on their resolution that only criticizes Obama on yet another one of his faliures, and gives him more time...

when miss a deadline at work i get a time out or worse loose the job, I dont get more time - this is a joke and Obama is still laughing while he spews the BS Lies the public wants to hear

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Not that I expect Obama to actually suffer any consequences for his war mongering from the Obamanites, or Congress, really, its good to know someone, anyone, is bringing up the Constitution in Congress.

It seems to me most of them have totally forgotten that little piece of paper.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How many years have we had to listen to the illegal war BS from the left about Iraq... when Congress did in fact authorize it. Now there ACTUALLY is an illegal war and do you hear anything from the left? Nope.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Im not a Republican, personally, but I have to say that annoys me no end. The sheer hypocrisy of the left on this issue AND on Afghanistan. I hate when the right does it too, though. (Against lots of spending and "big" government and yet support expensive wars and the creation of the Homeland Security behemoth)

Stand on principle, people. Dont just foam at the mouth when "the other team" does something and then overlook it when YOUR team does the same thing. Be consistent. Stand on principle. Make right be right and wrong be wrong no matter WHO does it.

Thats how this two party fallacy works, they bank on the fact that the mindless partisan zombies will defend whatever "their team" does no matter how outrageously out of line with the principles that party claims to support and uphold.

new topics

top topics

join