It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Athiest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaberTruth

No, all presumptions, whatever they may be based on, are opinions and interpretations.

SCIENTIFIC pressumptions (OPINIONS OR INTERPRETATIONS) or "An act or instance of taking something to be true or adopting a particular attitude toward something."

I scientific hypothesis could pressume based on existing evidence, "based on this "theory" or this evidence, i pressume that...."

We all have the same facts, but different conclusions.

Belief in a deity is an assumption, they wouldn't call it faith if there was evidence.

. And if you're going to reject design as evidence of a designer, then I'm going to reject your interpretations too. Rationality is often in the eye of the beholder.

The Intelligent Design argument has long since been refuted, The blind watch maker (which you will be unwilling to read) highlights how it is an incorrect assumption to assume a designer (in the case of evolution) The larygeal nerve of the giraffe shows that the designer has no forsight, no intelligence, it can't go back to the drawing board.

Of course, you will inferr your design argument around evoltionary fact, you will state that the designer began evolution, he designed evolution.

"GOD of the GAps".
edit on 10/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
All right, one more:

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
This much is clear, your willing to deny possibilities

WHEN did I deny possibilities? Is is not YOU who deny possibilities?

Answer that for yourself,

I'm incredibly amazed you made that claim.

I've never denied the possibility of a deity. But i never made the hypothesis, as i don't have any evidence with which to form the hypothesis, it relies on an assumption, which i'm not narrow-minded enough to make. And i won't undertake the burden of proof because i never made the positive claim.

I won't be responding.

C'mon, you're getting stars for all these cogent arguments your making. Keep it up.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

WHEN did I deny possibilities?

My apologies! My mistake.

So'd you'd grant the possibility that there is no God? (or no Gods.)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

C'mon, you're getting stars for all these cogent arguments your making. Keep it up.

Look at your comment at the top of this page, and ask yourself why I should make any more effort. You're making BASELESS presumptions about what I would or would not do, have still not indicated any familiarity with the article I linked to, and apparently are amused by this silly game. I'm done. There's plenty of info at my blog (www.fether.net...), esp. the Resources page. I highly recommend the following two sites on evo:

crev.info...
www.scienceagainstevolution.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

You wrote:

["No, all presumptions, whatever they may be based on, are opinions and interpretations. We all have the same facts, but different conclusions. And if you're going to reject design as evidence of a designer, then I'm going to reject your interpretations too. Rationality is often in the eye of the beholder."]

From what you write here, you have NO idea of what science/logic/objective procedure is. What you write is plain non-sense.

A small trip out into epistemology wouldn't hurt you either; that is, if really want to know truth or reality, not just having a pre-determined answer.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm spurring you on, I want to you to continue refuting my arguments, i have been polite and civil, more so than most.

I'll have a look through your links and see what they're about. I don't care much for "faith" propaganda though,

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That's just a bunch of Creationist lies.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Nice argument, progressive input. Any refutations? any quoting my arguments and responding to them directly?

Doubt it. Gallaxy far away? Cool story, Star Wars fan?

What arguments? You said I shouldn't bring up my decades-old IQ test. That's not an argument, that's a suggestion. I wouldn't worry about my test, that was decades ago. (The loooooooong time reference)

Am I missing something here?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

You know, if you all really, really want to discuss evolution so badly, there's a whole subforum for that. If you want a really quick way to get there, click on one of the threads in my signature and then click straight to the subforum from that link. Two clicks is all it takes.

A&A brought up Evolution to attack me, if you don't want it discussed here talk to him/her about that. Perhaps in a U2U? I dunno, you should know I don't concern myself with your desires, hopes and dreams.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Internet connection: $30-$50/mo.
Membership in ATS: free

Anti-theists claiming to be just asking questions or spurring theists on... priceless (link).

There isn't a rational, honest, or sincere anti-theist on the planet. I've looked.
edit on 11-6-2011 by SaberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

A&A brought up Evolution to attack me, if you don't want it discussed here talk to him/her about that. Perhaps in a U2U? I dunno, you should know I don't concern myself with your desires, hopes and dreams.

You braught up "man to molecule" evolution and how you "left" it. I just explained what evolution is; and the misconceptions that people are guilty of.

Evolution is about ALL living things, not just "man".

If you're going to use evolution in a Philosophy of Religion debate, I will interject when somethings about Atheism and Evolution are implied or demonised.

A&A brought up Evolution to attack me

That's a lie. Stop being so dishonest and cowardly please, it's not doing you any favours.
edit on 11/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

All opinion. People can make up their own minds instead of taking your word, and following your links.

Nice attempt at a mastercard advert though.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Anti-theists claiming to be just asking questions or spurring theists on... priceless (link).

There isn't a rational, honest, or sincere anti-theist on the planet. I've looked.

Operating from your pre-set premises, you find, what you set out to find.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

You know, if you all really, really want to discuss evolution so badly, there's a whole subforum for that. If you want a really quick way to get there, click on one of the threads in my signature and then click straight to the subforum from that link. Two clicks is all it takes.

For D-g's sake man, bring up yout own constructive and INFORMED arguments, instead of eternally referring to some alleged 'authorities', who turn out to be as speculative as you are.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

For D-g's sake man, bring up yout own constructive and INFORMED arguments, instead of eternally referring to some alleged 'authorities', who turn out to be as speculative as you are.

STAR FOR YOU!!!!

Bravo!

After reading you post I'm left feeling like this child:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Operating from your pre-set premises, you find, what you set out to find.

You tell her!

Man that's wise talkings!

I can't stars you're postes fast enouf!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

All opinion. People can make up their own minds instead of taking your word, and following your links.

Nice attempt at a mastercard advert though.

How trues, how DAMS trues!!!

I have VISA tho, can I still have an advert?

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

If you want.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You braught up "man to molecule" evolution and how you "left" it. I just explained what evolution is; and the misconceptions that people are guilty of.

Evolution is about ALL living things, not just "man".

If you're going to use evolution in a Philosophy of Religion debate, I will interject when somethings about Atheism and Evolution are implied or demonised.

That's a lie. Stop being so dishonest and cowardly please, it's not doing you any favours.

You're probably right, we all know I lie constantly.

Star for you!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well, that is an incorrect claim, so either you've imagined an attack, or your lying.

Your double bluff compliments are failing

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join