It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Athiest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow, looks like the OP got the exact kind of reaction from this thread that they were wanting.
"Believing" in God doesn't mean a thing, because "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble"- James 2:19, so all this debating between everyone is pointless. Had the OP asked for help on how to receive salvation, then it would worth-while to help them out. But, they're more than likely just sitting back with satisfaction that they dragged all of you into a pointless debate.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
But, they're more than likely just sitting back with satisfaction that they dragged all of you into a pointless debate.

nothing is really pointless, what matters is the act of... it's an exercise of logic in the end.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

Back to page one please. I'm guessing you read minds because you know exactly why I replied with what I did. What exactly do you mean? This thread isn't about faith. This person makes a one liner thread with worst than terrible punctuation and its a thread about faith? No point in replying to me even though I asked you questions, as I don't want to waste my time explaining whats wrong with all this.

Allllllllllllllrights,..

taker er easy dude.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

You are obviously an atheist. Simply stay an atheist.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I want you to at the very least admit that your version of reality is more pointless than the atheistic one as it has no chance for self-determination and is entirely unfair.

Your religion has no sense of justice, for where is the justice in predetermined damnation and intentionally withheld salvation?

Just admit that Christianity is incredibly flawed and entirely immoral. That's basically what I want you to do.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I want you to at the very least admit that your version of reality is more pointless than the atheistic one as it has no chance for self-determination and is entirely unfair.

Your religion has no sense of justice, for where is the justice in predetermined damnation and intentionally withheld salvation?

Just admit that Christianity is incredibly flawed and entirely immoral. That's basically what I want you to do.

Wait, did you just self-appoint yourself to relevancy?

I appreciate the offer Madness, but I already have someone to worship, His name is Jesus.

edit on 7-6-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

do you want to believe, and are having trouble with "religion"? you will not find the the absolute proof you want by any means other than faith. each man is givin the measure of faith, so your turn to be touched by the hand of god may be now. go to your bedroom, close the door. in privacy, pray these points in your own words: god i am a sinner, ask him to forgive you of your sins. acknowledge that jesus is the son of god, the scripture of the bible says so. ask god to send his holy spirit upon you and to come into your life. it doesnt have to be complicated like everyone makes it out to be. some of the greatest "aithiests" have become the worlds greatest evangelists! when your eyes are "opened", then you will know.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I thought it was a reasonable request.

And despite your admiration for the "path of Jesus"; i think you should explain why you would refuse such a request.

Considering this is "Religion, Faith, And Theology" and you're a Christian (or a follower of Jesus) who has much to say about atheism.
edit on 8/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Atheism? No, a majority of the threads I have offered have nothing to do with Atheism whatsoever, I tend to not care what Atheists believe. (Errr, I mean I don't care what Atheists don't believe.)

I've been in this particular thread because I think it's impossible to "make" the OP believe anything. How can any one make someone believe something? That's a function of their brain.

What request did you make of me, I don't see it??

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

How do you make a baby believe in anything?

You teach it. You offer it available evidence, and show them criticial ways of thinking and reasoning that help the discovery of the truth.

For example, if you say "we have evidence that proves the Earth is an oblate spheroid" They can either choose to believe in evidence, or to ignore it.

You can also say "There's a being that created all of this for you" They can either join in with the assumption, or they they learn to appreciate the value of not jumping to conclusions, and the benefits that skepical enquiry has braught to our species, in terms of liberty, in terms of technology and scientific theory.

Of course we can't MAKE or FORCE people to believe one way or the other. But we can certainly offer perspective and challenge each other's viewpoints.

So again, i ask: Could you offer your reasons as to why you would refuse madnessinmysoul's earlier request.
edit on 8/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

How do you make a baby believe in anything?

You can't "make" a baby believe anything either. You can try and teach the baby, but you can't "make" them believe you. You can tell a toddler not to touch the stove because it is very hot and they will get hurt, but there are some kids who won't believe you until they have a 3rd degree burn on their hand.

You cannot "make" someone believe anything. Their belief is up to them.

You teach it. You offer it available evidence, and show them criticial ways of thinking and reasoning that help the discovery of the truth.

For example, if you say "we have evidence that proves the Earth is an oblate spheroid" They can either choose to believe in evidence, or to ignore it.

Correct, but that's their choice you cannot "make" the choice for them.

You can also say "There's a being that created all of this for you" They can either join in with the assumption, or they they learn to appreciate the value of not jumping to conclusions, and the benefits that skepical enquiry has braught to our species, in terms of liberty, in terms of technology and scientific theory.

The OP didn't ask to be persuaded to belief, he/she said to "make" them believe. It's my contention that that is impossible. It's not within anyone's ability to "make" someone believe. If it were everyone would be believers.

Of course we can't MAKE or FORCE people to believe one way or the other.

Okay, which personality am I talking to now? I've been saying this ^^^ since page one!!!!!

But we can certainly offer perspective and challenge each other's viewpoints.

Sure, we can, but that's not what the OP asked for. The OP asked for someone to "make" him/her believe. That's not possible.

So again, i ask: Could you offer your reasons as to why you would refuse madnessinmysoul's earlier request.

No, not "again", the first time you asked I had no idea what Q you were asking about because you didn't specify. I didn't think you'd be asking me to answer another posters demands. Madness didn't ask me anything for one thing, he told me what he wanted me to do to satisfy his wants and desires. He wanted me to articulate something to make him feel better and to give him a more pleasant web experience. I already have someone to worship and obey, His name is Jesus not Madness.

Here, if you really think it's possible to "make" someone believe something with a good argument them "make" me believe Atheism is true.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If I'm wrong A&A, "make" me believe Atheism is true.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Try some outside your bubble education.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Life is unfair Madness, well, if you don't go to a government school you realize life isn't fair. Secondly, who gets to arbitrarily decide what is "fair" or "unfair"? YOU?

I'll ask yet again, do you own a home or do you plan to some day?

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Try some outside your bubble education.

I went to a government school.

Anything else?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Anything else?

You mean public school? Read-memorize-take a test.

If that's the best you've got.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
If you were born in a Tribe on the Solomon Islands, you believe in the way of the Nature.
If you were born in Israel you believe you are a Jew with some rights
If you were born in India you believe in Buddha
If you are born in the Netherlands you believe in Christianity
If you were born in Egypt you believe in Islam.
If you were born in Amish community you believe in the Amish way

etc..

This is why I choose to believe in nobody else then myself.
In my eyes all existing religions( a few aside) are a scam, to drive us away of each-other.
We fight over Unnatural things, like religion. I wonder why?
I think the ruling elite that has lived in Sumerian times, until now in recent times has divided us, by a large viarity of languages and religions. So that we can not act as one, until these times.
The age of Internet/Information.

My relationship with the above is fantastic since I choose to believe that listing to to language of my hearth is te relationship with my god part.
What is written in those comic books is false, and nobody can prove I am wrong (religious books) Its al for control of the mind.

I recommend this movie to watch
(Banned in USA and Europe)
edit on 9-6-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Anything else?

You said "outside your bubble education".

I went to a government school, so you'll have to cut me a great deal of slack.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Anything else?

You said "outside your bubble education".

I went to a government school, so you'll have to cut me a great deal of slack.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Government school - - do you mean public school?

Try reading this ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry.

Public School = Government School

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join