It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am an Athiest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by pellian
please make me believe in God.

Ask God for that. Romans 12:3 says faith itself is a gift from God.

No man can "make" you believe, sorry.

So in other words.. He was doomed to a eternity in hell by God himself according to what you are saying..

If I were saying that I would have said that.

I didn't say that because that's not what I said.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

In other words, i can't meet the demands of the OP: Maybe a Theist can!

No one can meet the OP's demands except the OP.

Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

If some connection between all humans exist call this telepathy (on some level), spritual alignment, focused goal and faith to suceed, might this be misinterpreted as "god" the collective concious actually providing hope and love through empathy.

WE ARE ALL CONNECTED; we're all genetically linked. Our human bodies allow for conscioussness.

I THINK you're alluding cosmological force which binds us all; which scientists are still working on; the unified field theory or the "grand unicatiion theory" which would have to combine quantam theorem's findings with Einstein's relativy's ; which many scientists are finding hard to do (atm)

Call that God if you wish, it's only a labelling game.
edit on 6/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

We agree then; No one knows, but some claim; some claim to be gnostic when they are infact agnostic.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

We agree then; No one knows, but some claim; some claim to be gnostic when they are infact agnostic.

I don't think the OP is even an agnostic "Athiest".

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I wouldn't like to speculate.

(but here goes) I'm guessing so far he doesn't have sufficient evidence (logical or empirical) to warrant a belief in a God, or any specific man-made definition of God. Perhaps it is reassurance that is being sought.
edit on 6/6/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

ha yeah! i was thinking perhaps hes a young boardline *whatever religion* sympathising with agnostic/athiest.

needs a nudge

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I wouldn't like to speculate.

(but here goes) I'm guessing so far he doesn't have sufficient evidence (logical or empirical) to want a belief in a God, or any specific man-made definition of God. Perhaps it is reassurance that is being sought.

No, didn't someone quote a post the OP made saying he/she was an "orthodox Jew"?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

ha yeah! i was thinking perhaps hes a young boardline *whatever religion* sympathising with agnostic/athiest.

needs a nudge

I don"t think he/she is that either.

Just a simple troll looking for attention.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I'm still not sure, surely OP will deliver?

I'm now inclined to think you're right based on that post. Perhaps, he's converted from an Orthodox Jew to an Atheist?

Maybe you can convert him from an Atheist to a Christian? (or to the way of Jesus)

You know i'm kiddin'

Peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
please make me believe in God.

Do you mean this God?

A God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell — mouths mercy, and invented hell — mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!

-MARK TWAIN

Sure you want someone to make you believe in this God?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

How about the Golden Ratio? www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Is this what passes for a thread on this site these days???

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I can't make you believe in anything. I mean, people have tried that already, and all you really end up with is a bunch of folks on a stake screaming that they believe in XYZ just to save their own skins (and who can blame them?)

That's just not cool.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Is this what passes for a thread on this site these days???

This forum is the "ghetto" of ATS as my friend Sabertruth says.

Mod action is few and far between.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
there is no reason anyone should believe in it. there isn't one shred of proof, nor example of god anywhere.
edit on 6-6-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pellian

edit on 6-6-2011 by aceto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
reply to post by pellian

I hope a mod closes this thread.

Really, a thread about faith in the "Religion, Faith, and Theology" Forum?

What a HORROR!!!

Back to page one please. I'm guessing you read minds because you know exactly why I replied with what I did. What exactly do you mean? This thread isn't about faith. This person makes a one liner thread with worst than terrible punctuation and its a thread about faith? No point in replying to me even though I asked you questions, as I don't want to waste my time explaining whats wrong with all this.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There is no Gd at all you are just imagining things. Show me proof and I will believe.

PS religion is just there to control you. once you die that is it you are nothing

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Dear OP,
Just in case you were serious... I imagine all of these posts are just too long and involved and prove nothing to you.

Here is the short answer.

I believe there are things that I do not, nor will I ever understand.

The belief itself in that statement is God. Not to be confused with the things I don't understand (cause others may).

Your belief is whats important. Therefore any belief you have is "god".

If you believe in nothing.... you must at least believe in nothing right?

Peace.
~ Me ♥

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join