It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop Condemns 'Jesus as Islam Prophet' Ads in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is interesting, Muslim groups in Australia has paid for billboards with a message saying 'Jesus: A Prophet of Islam'.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac27f49a3f9e.jpg[/atsimg]

This is one of four messages which have been printed in billboards hired by a Muslim group called MyPeace. The other messages include “Holy Qur’an: The Final Testament,” “Muhammad: Mercy to Mankind” and “Islam: Got Questions? Get Answers.”

A Catholic bishop has denounced as “provocative and offensive”

Source

What is so provocative about the ad? Muslims believe Jesus is a prophet, this has been a belief since the "last prophet" brought and spread the message.

A day after it appeared one of the billboards featuring the Jesus slogan was vandalised, according to the website.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is it provocative because it is used as an ad? Or is the belief provocative?

Outraged: Julian Porteous, Auxiliary bishop at the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney called the billboards an attack on Christianity

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20a889a50f14.jpg[/atsimg]

I for one believe this is a very creative way to spread the message, after all this is the exact purpose why such groups are created. They are there to answer questions, inform the population and end the misconception about Islam.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They're using Jesus to promote Islam and you don't understand how people might find that offensive?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
They're using Jesus to promote Islam and you don't understand how people might find that offensive?

I would understand if Jesus was not a prophet in Islam,
but since he is an important character in Islam, I don't understand.

Help me understand.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

No. This ad like a dangerous double edge. It can go either way. Whoever created it is the most dumbest.

■ The liberal Muslims may get the wrong impression that following Jesus gives them more freedom and love everywhere - so they embrace Christianity.
■ Likewise, Christians who think that the truth exists beyond the texts of new testament and the "idol" representation of God - so they embrace Islam.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Islam, more than 600 years after Jesus' Works, elects him as one of his prophets.

Maybe they needed some back-up "celebrity" on their new belief, I dont know. They unilaterally said Jesus was one of his prophets, nothing more than 600 years later.

If Branch Davidians had elected Buddah as one of his prophets, would have been Buddah a prophet of The Branch...? Well...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I believe it may be perhaps because the islam does not believe the jesus died and the christian believe the jesus died. So if the jesus died then it cannot be found in the islam and if the jesus didn't die it could not be found in the christianit. I suppose the other issue in the abrahamics would be for the judaic to say they didn't beat the jesus.

I suppose the only meaningful thing about such petty squabbling is that all agree that the jesus atleast so much once existed.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

Islam, more than 600 years after Jesus' Works, elects him as one of his prophets.

Maybe they needed some back-up "celebrity" on their new belief, I dont know. They unilaterally said Jesus was one of his prophets, nothing more than 600 years later.

If Branch Davidians had elected Buddah as one of his prophets, would have been Buddah a prophet of The Branch...? Well...

I don't understand your point here,
are you suggesting Jesus is not a prophet according to Islamic belief?

Are you going to argue with me whether Jesus is a prophet or a son of GOD?
I'm sure there are Christian sects who will be happy to debate with you,
for example the Unitarian Church.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This from the people that want to kill anyone that dares to even draw a picture of their paedophile prophet who was a madman that fell in a river and his wife promoted his rants and raving for her own financial game. No probs I understand your religion far more than I need to keep others out of it.

Ps for the Op

www.faithfreedom.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6/6/11 by On the level because: Adding Links

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I COMDEMN all RELIGIONS!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't take time to read about all of the religous freaks arguing over freaky religous stuff n your thread, so i will just say this, religous freaks ARE FREAKS and they have no place in an Australia. Australia is for the opened minded people and not the religously closed one.
Australia was built by hard working immigrants from all race's and Australia has grown stronger from this, not a government nore a religion or a god will change this.
Australia is the TRUE home of the free and the brave.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

If you are open minded then why do you close your mind on religion, and those who want to discuss and debate religious issues, or want to spread their beliefs?

That doesn't sound like an open minded person.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by meathed

If you are open minded then why do you close your mind on religion, and those who want to discuss and debate religious issues, or want to spread their beliefs?

That doesn't sound like an open minded person.

Im opened minded , but not that open that religon can get stuffed in it.
Religon has caused all the problems hence your post. Religous wars happen because of crap like this, SO.... I stand by my statement.

And Im closed minded SOMETIMES too, as Its just that i seem to follow religon in all its bad way's, sometime's.
So im following those that i dispise sometimes too, so, that IS keeping an open mind. So Dont blame me , blame religon.
EDIT TO ADD...........,PEOPLE BUILT AUSTRALIA ,NOT RELIGION!

edit on 6-6-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This Bishop is just another uneducated redneck that has no business leading anyone ! Practice peace like you preach moron.

new topics

top topics

join