It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If high oxygen concentrate on Land makes large animals. Does the same apply for VOSTOK creatures?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am asking because of VOSTOK has it been breached yet? I can find no recent data on its development with the Russians entering it, if you can please post it please.

So is it possible for large creatures to live there?
Or is it only a place small microbes may exist?
Also can anyone provide ANY recent data on the drill. From what I seen there was an anomaly detected and that was my last update.

Be well
edit on 6/6/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I thought it was atmospheric pressure and high oxygen that allowed for large animals? I read somewhere (can't remember) that there was a scientist who was mimmicing the atmospheric pressure and oxygyen levels found on the eart at the time of the dinosaurs to test if it changed the size of life. From what I remember he was very successful and produces some extremely large fish? or something like that...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hey Buddy. Great question.

As far as Lake Volstok: I did a thread on it in Feb 2011.

Lake Vostok drill on hold!

The onset of the Antarctic winter has forced a team of Russian explorers to postpone the conclusion of their effort to drill a borehole to subglacial Lake Vostok until the next Antarctic summer. All are traveling on board a Russian ship to Cape Town and are expected home on Sunday.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I remember someone saying that the Russians may have messed up a bit by adding a non-freezing agent to the water hole.?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

From what I remember he was very successful and produces some extremely large fish? or something like that...

I see, so then its possible the high oxygen content can influence larger Sea creatures. I am going to try to find that artical.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
As far as Lake Vostok goes, my understanding is that they had to cease operations for the winter before breaking through (and it'd make more sense to do that at the start of summer rather than days before they have to leave, anyway). Hopefully we'll hear more when they return later this year.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Wow thank you, well this can explain for there not being that much recent data released. Its just when I tune into it it seems disturbed what ever it is..

Thanks

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thanks Essan. So thus far from data shared the drill has stopped. 1 wonders how far down they got.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So does any feel its possible that there is Life there first and second Giant life of some aquatic kind? Or is this all Microbes and Water bears Extremophile ect?
edit on 6/6/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
BUT. What about the ice shaft cores that were obtained. Sure they must show/reveal things of interest.

A long ways down and all ice to boot. I am sure something got caught up in the freeze.

For me, I think it will be a void. Void of Life of any kind.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hadnt considered the drill data samples retrieved. But to me those may provide data on microbes and other things floating if any. But I wonder if a cam sub was let loose in there what would be seen. Due to it being so high in oxygen it does give potential for things to grow. Things that could grow in freezing dark temps, big dark eyes, pale it seems or pink/yellow skin, unn no sorry drifted a lil. I hope to see more on it though in the future. As long as no super bugs from 14 million years ago isnt freed into the atmosphere.

thanks again

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Guess my theory was wrong. I just found this very informative amination of the place:

www.earthinstitute.columbia.edu...

I think it interesting they know there is water down there. Something has to be heating it up.

I also saw another thing about them finding a "magnetic anomally" there. that is what is driving them to get to the bottom-it was stated. Who knows...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

I thought it was atmospheric pressure and high oxygen that allowed for large animals? I read somewhere (can't remember) that there was a scientist who was mimmicing the atmospheric pressure and oxygyen levels found on the eart at the time of the dinosaurs to test if it changed the size of life. From what I remember he was very successful and produces some extremely large fish? or something like that...

You are correct. A Japanese scientist duplicated this reaction with tomato plants as reported by Jonathan Gray.
Tomato Plant

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

How is it there is no known source for the replacement water? I find that strange as well. I dont know anon72 this lake just has something to it. Maybe its the ancient part of it that its been somewhat sealed so long that is pulling my to it but. For some reason I felt the need to ask if there was any new data. And then theres the Anomaly, that hasnt been explained either.

Earth has so many secrets and this looks like one of its treasure chest, cannot wait to see wat there.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Thank you Chai_An

-----------------------------------------
He grew tomato plants under a plastic dome which filtered the ultraviolet rays; and he increased the carbon dioxide. After two years, a cherry tomato plant was 16 feet tall, with 903 tomatoes on it. After six years, the same tomato plant was over 30 feet tall and had produced more than 5,000 tomatoes.

That tomato plant just didn't want to die. Ask yourself now, How long do tomato plants usually live? Perhaps five or six months? They die of old age, destroyed by ultra-violet radiation.

Could this have some bearing on how old people would have lived under the same environment?
-----------------------------------------

I find this amazing how the size was effected as well as the aging and you would think the more oxygen exposure the faster aging. But it is somewhat reversed. hmm this could be used to feed the hungry!?!?!?!?

So in some ways could this somewhat mean that longer life spans can be associated with high oxygen concentrated areas? Making it possible for things to still be alive there?

Thanks again

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'm inclined to think it's a possibility going by the tomato plant experiment. According to that experiment atmospheric pressure is needed for highly stimulated growth. However being that the area has been untouched for millenniums and the lake sealed with ice cover you may have a perfect environment that could shatter current science preconceived notions about the region's past and present, would love to hear updates on what's going on there.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

He grew tomato plants under a plastic dome which filtered the ultraviolet rays; and he increased the carbon dioxide. After two years, a cherry tomato plant was 16 feet tall, with 903 tomatoes on it. After six years, the same tomato plant was over 30 feet tall and had produced more than 5,000 tomatoes.

I don't see anything about oxygen.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

I'm inclined to think it's a possibility going by the tomato plant experiment. According to that experiment atmospheric pressure is needed for highly stimulated growth.

Can you provide the specifications of the experiment? I don't see anything about pressure in the creationist version of it.

link   

Originally posted by Phage

I was thinking the same thing, isn't it high carbon dioxide levels that promote large plant growth? Which in turn allow large animal growth. But I just figured I was mis-remembering again...

link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

However being that the area has been untouched for millenniums and the lake sealed with ice cover you may have a perfect environment that could shatter current science preconceived notions about the region's past and present, would love to hear updates on what's going on there.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

I will try to keep this as well as ELEnin updated when more sufficient data comes around. Its like a giant time capsul.
thanks for your input Chai_An

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Originally posted by Phage

I was thinking the same thing, isn't it high carbon dioxide levels that promote large plant growth? Which in turn allow large animal growth. But I just figured I was mis-remembering again...

But dont the inhabitants produce carbon dioxide as well and larger ones would produce more of it. In turn these large plants would produce more oxygen. Im sayen its a cycle that goes both ways depending on how it looked at. Yes they stated Carbon dioxide but it still fits. Now if Chai_An said another gas not within the cycle change between plants and animals I could see you 2z response. But the data was still valid. Everyone isnt as sophisticated as some feel they are and share as much as they can and its appreciated. As We see the tomato plants grew larger so if larger animals were present they would produce ore of the plant feeding gas..

Be well

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join