It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Tells Golan Protesters to Show Restraint After 23 Killed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What happened to the good ol riot shields, tear gas and rubber bullets?

The protestors were firing stones which could have killed or maimed the Israeli soldiers so the Israelis did what they do best, killing innocent civilians.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

Originally posted by Ben81
Yes they have made it clear .. they dont have any heart when it concern a non jew

for them arabs are subhuman people .. and that 1 jew = 1000 arabs
thats why they dont have any problem killing any muslim ..

dont excuse bibi regime .. or shame on you to approve those unarmed civilian killed
there is other method to avoid killing unarmed civilian ..

Why should Israel classify any Islamic Middle Easterner anything other than an enemy after all the Islamic countries surrounding Israel have declared they will destroy them? Seems pretty easy to condemn Israel without having tens of thousands of Islamic guns trained on your head, doesn't it?

That somebody will destroy Israel ...

so far i have only see Israel regime destroying others

remember the war in Gaza and Lebanon ... around 5000 killed 20000+ wounded
Israeli side .. 15 killed (10 died of friendly fire)

remember when they sieged the boat from turkey? and killed twenty unarmed people

and this is only a few of a very VERY long list
can you remember any big terrorist attack that killed jews ?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Oh yeah, and if these Israelites are the so called "God's Chosen Peoples" , than I think their "God" = "Satan". Obviously!

I had the same though a while ago

it is NOT my God that would make me do that
there is only one god that will approve such bloodbathS

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
aqs usual the zionazi apologists have overrun the thread . if syria tries to stop protests , then its genocide , and if israel murders civilians , then israel is right .

yes , great logic zionazis , go back to the rock you crawled from and get your wages from Soros .

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well, actually, Hillary is right : protesters (well, they are not really protesters, but anyway) should show restraint because otherwise they risk to be killed.

If my memory serves me well, at this moment, there is no pease treaty between Israel and Syria, hence, that border is actualy a front line.
To be totaly honest...how DUMB can you be to force the Israeli (recognized or not, but still heavely defended by MILITARY) border fence?You know, and i know, that ANYONE (even Hilary
) will be shot if not submit to warnings to stop and go back.

Those borders are like NK / SK border.Its not a game.And there will be NO riot police to stop any future ''protests'' that are aimed at forcing the Israeli borders (recognizable or not).Just bullets.

It is a BORDER, and any action against that border is an attack to Israeli teritory.No country in this world will send POLICE to defend the borders.

On the other hand, assuming they were refugees, like some uninformed person said earlier...i ask this : why after more then 2 months and why only hundreds ? This doesn't sound like refugees to me, but a bunch of paid thugs (who dragged along women and children to be more beleivable) by Assad , to draw attention of the massacre that is curently in Syria.

There is no need to be a rocket scientist to see that.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There is no "peace treaty" between Israel and Syria because the Golan Heights is still Syrian land that is occupied by the Israelis.

Imagine if Canada invaded Illinois and held it. Then they just made up some law (The Golan Heights Law of 1981) and said "hey.. this is ours now.. your not allowed here". Now imagine people from the US try to get into Illinois and the Canadians open fire killing 25 and wounding 350.

Would that be ok? Because that is exactly the situation here, in different context. Israel is a rogue state. They are an occupying force. They are so, because of their own doing. They refuse to identify their borders. Maybe if they did, and they would recognize Palestine as a State, then the fighting would stop. But they won't. Because all they have to do is whip out the crocodile tears of antisemitism and big brother America will come to their defense.

Remember now, according to Obama and every bought and paid for Senator and Congressman/woman, "our support for Israel is unbreakable".

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Isn't the reason Libya is being attacked now because protesters were being wounded/killed by the Libyan army? The protesters were in danger so the US kickstarted a bombing campaign to "protect" them.

The Israeli army now massacres protesters fleeing for safety on it's non-existent borders. The US says the protesters should show restraint.

What kind of world do we live in?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSam
What kind of world do we live in?

Your exactly right. And unfortunately the world we live in is one where money talks. If anyone in the Government dare go against the will of Israel, they would never get their millions of dollars in kick backs. I mean in all truth, if our Government listened to the people, instead of AIPAC, the world would be a different (probably more peaceful) place.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

The military boarder has been there in place since 1967. There are land mines and barbed wire fence, military personal and infantry. This also not the first time things like this have happened, but since there is so much heated action in the region right now it gets reported in the MSM.

What exactly do you expect to happen? It's also not like these were quiet protestors. Some were, however there were also armed militants and people throwing rocks and moltov cocktails that set off land mines. People were actually shot in the feet as warning shots initially.

I don't condone the actions nor do I claim to have all the facts. But, Hillary is correct in her assertion that protests must be done with restraint. Especially when the opposing crowd is a seasoned military.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If Darwin was around today, he'd shake his head at this tragedy.

The human race is doomed if people think it is wise to rush across a border at a line of soldiers like lemmings to the cliff.

Gotta love the Syrian government, constantly putting its citizens in harm's way.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Unarmed protesters?

Are you telling me the IDF is SO chicken-#, they can't get up close and personal with these unarmed protesters and restrain them? These 'va-jay-jay balls' need to shoot them?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Well you don't understand what is happening

The Golan heights was captured from Syria by Israel during the Six-Day War. A lot of Syrians believe this to be an illegal occupation of the Golan Heights, and don't recognize Israels sovereign claim to the land. The protesters firmly still believe they have a right to cross into the Golan and that the Golan is still apart of Syria with it under de facto control of Israel. That's why they crossed the border, and I respect each and everyone of them for willing to die for their cause.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ah how nice - the usual circus is in town.

I posted this in another forum, and I will post it here:

I am not and have not been pro-Israeli, but I understand Israel's actions. This is not about whether Israel being evil and zionist - these deaths are a direct result of the Syrian government paying protestors to illegaly cross a militarized border in order to transfer attention away from its massacre of its own people.

It is not about morality, but about reality, and reality in the world is the following:

If you illegally cross the border between two countries, or cross into the no-mans land which effective makes up a border, and if you defy the warnings of the border patrol to stop while demonstrating violent intent toward them - YOU WILL BE SHOT. That does not go just for Israel, but for every country in the world. No country in the world will allow its territory to be penetrated by hooligans and vandals, or anyone else for that matter. Go ahead - give it a try. This goes double for borders between two hostile countries that have been at war numerous times.

Syria, which is sponsoring this circus, clearly did not succeed in riling the governments around the world and the US up against Israel - they can all see right through Assad's pathetic play. What Syria did achieve, is get all of the regular anti-zionist, anti-Israel, humanists and self-proclaimed righteous altruists riled up. But this group can do little besides post in the internet forums and beat their drum as hard as they can. It is like a circus, and it happens every time Israel does something. It doesn't really matter what it does. And in the end the circus achieves nothing, other than getting some people very emotional. Nor does the circus help the Palestinians get any closer to reaching a working solution.

But please, don't let me ruin your Israel-hate frenzy, lest I be called a zionist myself. I am just here to enjoy the circus.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Anybody trespassing into Israeli occupied territory will be shot.

Haha, key word. Occupied territory

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
Unarmed protesters?

Are you telling me the IDF is SO chicken-#, they can't get up close and personal with these unarmed protesters and restrain them?

An unarmed mass of protestors with violent intent is just a rock throw away from a lynch mob.

Do you remember the 2000 Ramallah lynching of Israeli soldiers by protestors?

news.bbc.co.uk...

They crossed a militarized border in what is effectively an active conflict zone. They did not heed warnings to stop, and their actions indicated that their intent is violence. Any other country in place of Israel would do the same exact thing without hesitation. There is no reason why Israeli soldiers should risk their lives to be more "humane" in dealing with a mob that is likely full of paid recruits by a foreign hostile government.

These 'va-jay-jay balls' need to shoot them?

That's law inforcement. And it is like that in many countries around the world, including the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The protesters firmly still believe they have a right to cross into the Golan and that the Golan is still apart of Syria with it under de facto control of Israel. That's why they crossed the border, and I respect each and everyone of them for willing to die for their cause.

I respect the Israeli soldiers for ridding the world of a few retards, who were either too greedy to go out and protest in a conflict zone to get some money from their government, or who were completely brainwashed by the said government and did this for free. More oxygen for the rest of us.

Godspeed and good hunting!
edit on 6-6-2011 by maloy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yeah sure, It's Israeli land..

And they haven't stopped taking yet..
Heck, they have to get it ALL before they'll stop and I doubt that will be enough for them..

In 1976, Israeli defense minister Moshe Dayan said that Israel provoked more than 80% of the clashes with Syria, although historians have voiced skepticism regarding the truthfulness of this informal comment.[72] Jan Mühren, a former UN observer in the area at the time, told a Dutch current affairs programme that Israel provoked most border incidents as part of its strategy to annex more land.[73]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"Israel like any sovereign nation has the right to defend itself."

But Hilary dear, it isn't like any other sovereign nation. Under the signed agreement called the Balfour Declaration of 1917 it was agreed that all the people living in Palestine would have their rights and religions respected.

And Hilary you must be aware of a number of laws that Israel has passed which would not be passed in your own country and neither would they be passed in any other "sovereign" country in the world that you give vast sums of aid to. Things like authorising legal discrimination to stop people of another religion from living within rural communities. Creating a single Government approved only view of history, to wipe out the racially motivated forced expulsion of Palestinians from their own country without their belongings and giving their property to new settlers. Hilary would you tolerate being told you may only marry someone of your own religion.

Perhaps Hilary some of those protestors actually have damn good reason to protest,

I don't agree with any of the verbal Arabic threats and especially their suicide bombers, but I sure as hell think what America and the West do in supporting Israel, fully in the knowledge of her actions and laws, is beyond acceptability and sheer hypocracy in this day and age where democracy, anti-discrimination and equality are values that every "sovereign country aims for - yet Israel's government's aims are clearly taking it backwards.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
People - get a life.

If you think what Israel did was wrong and you also disagree with the military in your country, please feel free to organize a protest of several hundred people and go try to storm a local military base.

The reality will be very apparent to you who speak from predjudice instead of intelligence.

Let me organise 30 people who disagree with you living where you do and we'll try to storm your house, (your territory, your private border) and I bet if you have a firearm you'll use it.

edit on 6-6-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I wouldn't even give you the respect to answering your quote because I know it will only lead to a 5 page long argument like you've derailed my last 2 threads with your rants.

We should just post our opinions and leave. Don't even comment on someone else opinion. That's the point we've gotten to, here on ATS. Where we need to be babied and separated or else we'd start ww3 on the forums. It's quite pathetic if you asked me..
edit on 6-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join