It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you suffer from dibilitating heart burn??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Anyone interested in the health benefits of cider vinegar might try looking into the old country doctor from Vermont, D.C. Jarvis. He wrote a book originally released in 1958 called Folk Medicine: A Vermont Doctor's Guide to Good Health. In the book, which was a national best seller at one time, he advocated a health tonic of cider vinegar and honey.

Good stuff, if you can find the book. I have a copy that belonged to my dad. I used to see it at health food stores everywhere, but it seems to have gone out of print.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Interesting I must check this out. Thank you for you're input.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The best thing Ive found for quick heartburn relief is yellow mustard. A small dime sized spot of it is all it takes to neutrilize the acid Ive found. My friend was locked up at one point and he told me thats what they used because they werent allowed to take pills.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Crossfire27va because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crossfire27va
The best thing Ive found for quick heartburn relief is yellow mustard.

Makes sense. Yellow mustard is primarily vinegar.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I used to have horrible heartburn, to the point where I would have stomach acid gush from my nostrils sometimes while trying to sleep. I was given a wide range of medications and treatments from the doctor, but they usually had side effects. I quit drinking soda, eating processed foods, and greasy stuff, and to my surprise my heartburn cleared up. Now if I have a soda or fast food, I get a mild heartburn, and that serves as a reminder to stop it right away.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Apple cider vinegar will erode your esophagus and could cause major damage. All you have to do is stop eating processed foods and go low carb. White foods are the enemy. Bread, rice and pasta along with juices loaded with acid and sugar are not good for people with acid reflux.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Do you have proof that it erodes you're esophagus especially in the doses I was taking?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Apple cider vinegar will erode your esophagus and could cause major damage.

**DISCLAIMER**

I'm not a medical professional. As a pure layman, I'd be highly surprised to learn that a couple of tablespoons of cider vinegar mixed with honey could do any damage. If you gargled 4 ounces of vinegar for 20 minutes every day, that could be a problem. If you take cider vinegar capsules (which I don't advocate. Go real or don't bother IMO) and one gets lodged in your throat, that could be a problem.

No, a typical fast food meal or soda is potentially much more harmful to your overall health than a daily dose of cider vinegar. And in my opinion, a helluva lot better for you than most over the counter or prescription meds. It's vinegar made out of apples. Healthy in moderation.

edit on 6/6/2011 by yeahright because: Code

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Like I have stated I only had to take apple cider vinegar as needed 1/2 ounces when ever heart burn struck. I would not recommend taking it more often than needed.This may or may not work for you.Heart bun can be caused by things that cider vinegar will not help or cure use you're discretion.See a doctor first and see what may be the cause.Then determine if this is right for you it may or may not be right for you. Also vinegar works well to stop shaving cuts

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament

Do you have proof that it erodes you're esophagus especially in the doses I was taking?

What Are the Risks of Apple Cider Vinegar?

On the whole, the risks of taking occasional, small amounts of apple cider vinegar seem low. But using apple cider vinegar over the long term, or in larger amounts, could have risks. Here are some things to keep in mind.

* Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic. The main ingredient of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid. As the name suggests, it's quite harsh. Apple cider vinegar should always be diluted with water or juice before swallowed. Pure apple cider vinegar could damage the tooth enamel and the tissues in your throat and mouth. One study found a woman who got an apple cider vinegar supplement stuck in her throat. She seemed to have suffered lasting damage to her esophagus. Vinegar has been known to cause contact burns to the skin.

Link

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A better alternative for immediate short term relief is eating a Red Delicious Apple. Not sure why but ONLY Red Delicious Apples work. Ive tried it and yes it does work. It only lasts about 45 min or so but it does work and its far less dangerous than pouring vinegar down your throat. I realize there are some health benefits to ACV but it should not be abused just because you think its a natural treatment.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I take the vinegar straight and then rinse my mouth out and drink a couple of mouth fulls of water after i take a half a shot glass of it and do not brush you're teeth right away. You will have some burning discomfort for a couple minuets followed by heart burn relief.And yes I agree that long term use may not be good for you but in moderation it would be OK.The prescription pills caused me a lot of side effects one of which was passing undigested food . I feel the risks of apple cider vinegar are far less than that of prescription pills. As far as the apple cider pills I don't take them and would not take them for heart burn sounds like that lady should have had a glass of water. Swallowing a pill like acetaminophen could also cause damage if stuck in you're throat.
edit on 6-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I also from time to time have to take naproxin for pain it is highly acidic and i do have to take antacids for about a week after take them and then back onto the apple cider vinegar it doesn't take long to recover from the antacids.
I don't recommend taking vinegar for damage caused by acidic medications.Naproxin is very hard on you're stomach.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I rarely get heartburn, but when I do (thanks KFC!)
I have dashed a few sprinkles of regular cider vinegar down my throat and it worked.
Perhaps the unpasteurized cloudy stuff would be better? I don't know.

Usually when I do get heartburn I tough it out, I believe antacids make the stomach sense that acid is low and steps up acid production.
Antacids are addictive because of that reason, my dad was a rolaids™ addict.
They have their place, but not all the time.

I have also used baking soda.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by enament

hello ATS members this is my story:
About 8 years ago I ruptured something in my stomach due to drinking coffee on an empty stomach.

Welp, I drink 4 cups of coffee every morning, usually with no breakfast or anything to eat until 10-noon. Been doing it for years and I have no stomach issues at all and I can eat anything without problems (well there's the Colonel and his chicken though)
I'll admit, it sometimes does not feel the greatest until I do eat.
Some super models, yeah those super toothpicks, live on coffee and cigarettes.
So, I would not blame coffee on your predicament.
But, of course, I am not a Dr., I don't even play one on TV, so this is IMO.

As I understand it most heart burn is caused by lack of acid in the stomach and the vinegar balances that.

Did you proofread this post, or did you mean to say that? Because this goes against what I always thought. Link?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
When I went to the doctor after vomiting blood from the rupture he interviewed me about my activities.It was his opinion that having a half litre of double dark coffee in the morning was likely the cause. Coffee is very acidic in you're stomach.So really it was the opinion of the doctor.
edit on 7-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Here is a link that talks about low and high acid types of stomach problems, I think mine was low.

www.healthandwellnesscentral.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
A better alternative for immediate short term relief is eating a Red Delicious Apple.

Yep! This works also...for me.
Absolute frustration one night (pre-apple cidar vinegar) made me grab an apple, and it may be short term but to fall asleep without feeling like a vomit, was worth the crunch.

sleep well...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Before i started this thread I had never heard of using red delirious apples to remedy heartburn.
But i personally find that the apple cider vinegar seems to almost completely cure it I might have to take it once in 2 months.Its amazing from almost going in for surgery to apple cider vinegar. The stuff gave me my life back.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It often makes me wonder how many people are addicted to antacid tablets.Some people buy a roll of them at a time i was buying them by the box about 1 1/2 boxes a month at the height of my heart burn problem!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join