It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corruption so bad in Florida : FBI : Taking a bribe is wrong!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The FBI just didn't say it, they paid for a front page ad in the Tallahassee Democrat newspaper.

Legislators ignoring Florida's rampant corruption cost you money

To see how bad political corruption in this state is, look no further than the Tallahassee Democrat.

Not the news pages — though there's plenty of evidence there, too. No, I'm talking about a front-page ad that the FBI took out not long ago.

"Dishonest government officials aren't just wasting your tax dollars," the ad said. "They're betraying your trust. Report public corruption to the FBI."

That's right. Crooked officials are so rampant in Florida, we actually have the feds taking out front-page ads … in the state capital, appropriately enough.

This shouldn't be a surprise. Last year, a grand jury studied Florida's heinous record and found that more than 800 public officials had been convicted during a 10-year period — the highest total in America.

We're talking about everything from bid-rigging to cash payouts.

And that says nothing about all the improprieties we read about that never get prosecuted.

And even then, will the FBI do squat about it? Where's the FBI on Wall Street? Where's the FBI on 9/11? Where's the FBI on the Iraq war?

Ah Florida, a mob could just take all the politicians and hang them and MAYBE a few would not be guilty of anything. (they probably took office the same day)

Florida should be annexed to Mexico, after all, they are as corrupt as they are, they would fit right in... How long before all states become like Florida?
edit on 6-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What do you expect from a state where nearly half the population are minorities?

More minorities = more 3rd worldish activities like crime, government corruption, and extreme poverty. It's really not a surprise.

Oh and get used to it. Welcome to the New America. Hope you enjoy it!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Mr. FBI Agent man

u r starting at the wrong end of the
corruption pole. Start in DC and Wall Street
and you might be on to something.
But you won't start there cuz Holder
won't prosecute those cases. Just
look at the mexican gun running
fiasco. Who got prosecuted there ???
Nobody. Your ad only targets the
small fish whom the big fish will
use as a statistic to make themselves
look like corruption is being
addressed when it is not. The
ad only targets the small scapegoats
DC and Wall Street need to
stay above scrutiny.

In other words:
You are HELPING the big fish
stay in office.

There is something extremely wrong
with a nation when the FBI investigates
DC corruption and when convicted,
he gets a presidential pardon like
Scooter Libby.

Don't you folks see the real problem here ???

Why do you think criminals hide behind
a National Security blanket of criminal
activity ??? Cuz they can get away
with mass murder.
edit on 6/6/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I didn't see any link to the actual ad, and if there really was an ad, there would be no proof that the FBI took out the ad. It is much more likely that some political action committee took out the ad, and added the line to contact the FBI to report fraud or abuse.

Florida does have plenty of issues, but it isn't that much different than any other state.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I didn't see any link to the actual ad, and if there really was an ad, there would be no proof that the FBI took out the ad. It is much more likely that some political action committee took out the ad, and added the line to contact the FBI to report fraud or abuse.

Florida does have plenty of issues, but it isn't that much different than any other state.

Yeah: Florida has in no way cornered the market on crooks in office any more than any other state.

But we DO get some of the most blatantly and creatively STUPID crooks though!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Florida was once a beautiful state to visit and enjoy.

Unfortunately I consider Florida a washout now.

Get past Jacksonville and it's hard to find a glass of sweet tea and a nice bowl of grits.

The state has been infested by those darn yankeys.

The only good thing the Yanks bring to the south is their money.

In my opinion all Florida's problems are because of the yankee invasion.

And yes, the Civil War is not over for me and never will be.

And frankly my dears, I don't give a damn wheather you like what I said or not.

I must give credit where credit is due.
Since my town is right off interstate 95 we do enjoy selling moss, gator teeth, and other worthless trinkets to the yankee travelers when they spend the night in our hotels and eat in our restaurants.
Our hotels are full each night.

Allowing the yanks to believe they won the civil war was one of the best psy ops moves in the history of war.

They come south by bus, car, train and planes just to spend their time and money.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Get past Jacksonville and it's hard to find a glass of sweet tea and a nice bowl of grits.

a woman after my own heart

I was in Philly a while back
and stopped off at a diner
to have breakfast and when I
ordered grits, the waitress looked
at me and asked:

what is a grit ???
then wanted to know how many
of them I wanted ???

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

We don't want the FBI to do anything. Sorry, your premise is wrong. The citizens should do something. The hardworking, tax paying american with a family should go out and overcome the wrongdoings happening daily by corrupt government.

top topics

join