It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weinergate Bombshell: New Woman Comes Forward Claiming Intimate Photos & Online Commos with Congress

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This thread shows what's wrong with the politics of our nation.
The man sent a photo of his Weiner (sic) to an adult woman.

He admitted that he lied about it.

He held a press conference and let the press ask him just about anything they could think of.

He didn't leave the podium until they ran out of original questions, and they were not fluff.

He has basically prostrated himself in front of God and everyone about what is a very personal issue.

Should he be forced to resign, even though he broke no law?

I don't think so.

If his constituents see fit, they will note vote for him next election cycle.

Why should this man be fired for what mistakes he made in his personal life?

How would YOU fair, if that standard applied to you?

Focus on the issues, and let our representatives make their stupid mistakes, just as we do.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Antiquated1

It's all good unless he was being a Don Juan on the job... Oh, and lied about it. There's two strikes already? He'll still get a congressional pension regardless of the outcome.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A politican in a sex scandal! Shocking!

I've seen the pics, at least he has nothing to be ashamed of in the locker room!

He says he won't step down right now but give it a few weeks and the "tearful family man" will have a press conference. In the meantime he will be more careful where he sends pics of his junk!

Geeze man learn to be discreet!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Weinergate is exploding.....

Sorry thats the only 'bad Weiner' pun I have right now....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by American-philosopher

I am not teling his constituents how to feel. I am guess ing and hoping that they do not want to be lied to like most good people. and furthermore we will never get anywhere in this country if we say hey it is okay to lie about this or that. It is just a couple pictures online and a couple relationships online. NO it is about some one in his position that has to have accountibility and transparency.

Your priorities and mine are quite different. He has done a great job for 20 years. I do not care about his personal life.

I do not need my dentist to be a good husband. I need him to be good at his job.
I do not need my politicians to be good husbands. I need them to be good at their job.

While politicians are lying left and right to steal from us, pollute us, send our jobs overseas, raise the cost of things for middle class, fail our schools, allow our healthcare system to fly out of control, I do not give one rats behind about whether or not your wife likes you.

You people need to not worry about that crap but you do instead of worry about things that actually matter. Rights are being taken away, left and right. The country is falling apart due to real political lies and schemes. You want to focus on lies about personal dalliances?

Clarence Thomas lied about his wife making money off his court rulings. The right defends him. That actually impacts all of us and benefits him at that cost.

Wiener's wiener has not caused one problem in the reality of my life. I don't get any of this.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

It's all good unless he was being a Don Juan on the job... Oh, and lied about it. There's two strikes already? He'll still get a congressional pension regardless of the outcome.

Just like it is all good until he gets caught skinning puppies in his office. But I get it. The good old American way of where there is smoke, there is guilty until proven innocent about anything else we want to suggest. He flited online, he must be a criminal. It did not take long for people to say he was "probably" raping children so you will have to just go ahead without me. I cannot get onboard the whole "maybe he did something ilegal too so we better start digging." I sure as hell do not want that applied to me. I would not apply it to you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Oh it's just a little lie. He apologized when he was cornered and had no choice.....
Oh look he was in tears, that must mean he is truly sorry for lieing to his country.

Listen, he should be impeached since he didn't the high road.

These politicans are suppose to be leaders and trustworthy.
Those who say it's ok for him to lie to us, the media, his wife family and co-workers help me to realize why this country is being destroyed from the inside out!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1

Originally posted by American-philosopher

I watched Wolf Blitzer ask him pointblank was this you in the picture?? his answer well you can photoshop. NO it was you an you lied! pointblank.

Actually, you just pointed out that he did not lie in that instance. Nice job!!!!!!!!!
He never said it was not him. He never denied that picture was him.

Wrong.

Weiner said he was the victim of a hacker.

That turns out to have been a lie.

All the "weiner-lovers" on this thread would make Oscar-Mayer proud!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's a story like this that makes me sick of politicians and people's damned double-standards of them.

So he shouldn't have to resign because he took some photos of himself in portraits unbecoming of an elected official and sent them out?
Even if they were of a private nature created on a personal device, any other person who holds a position of authority would find themselves in the express lane to joblessness if the situation was identical to that of the congressman.

A teacher? Fired.
A fireman? Fired.
A cop? Woo-hoo!....Fired with the addition of several ATS threads created about cops and their craziness.

But a politician? Nah. Because (insert party's name here) did it too so it's OK.
Why are we putting these people on a pedestal?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He lied about what?

To quote myeslf - Wolf feels lied to, Tony's gotta go? Tell Wolf not to vote for him then.
Sorry, I could not care less. You all sound like such a bunch of whiny children. He lied about being hacked, impeach!!!
Whatever. How many politicians lied about things that are poisoning your children and killing off your parents this week?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
SO WHAT??!!

Big deal, a Democrat has a little fantasy fling online and swaps some naughty photos, BIG DEAL!!!

Its better than the AZZ-RAPING that the Republicans LITERALLY give the middle-class folks in this country.

hmm d- ny did he replace
Hillary when she became "secsstate?".How'd you like to be a fly on the wall in Hillary'sofffice when she heard:...." Weiner : you idiot"! (stupid stupid MEN!!!!!!.Garshshhh)!....

Yeah you're right pplrnuts: Repubs bad Dems good...Uh huh..
edit on 6-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
A teacher? Fired.
A fireman? Fired.
A cop? Woo-hoo!....Fired with the addition of several ATS threads created about cops and their craziness.

You must have a huge list of cops, firemen, and teachers that have been fired for flirting and sending NON-nude pictures to someone, privately. I just do not see it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

what your missing is cheating on his wife being an elected official

setting himself up to be blackmailed to name another.

and lying and trying to make others scapegoats.

being an elected leader they are and always held to highers standards than us little people.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It's no longer than the amount of fingers and toes I have but that's not the point.

Would you think that a anyone holding an authoritative government position (teacher, cop, firefighter) would be able to hold onto their position if their situation was identical to Weiner's? Regardless of the fact that actual photos were sent, the matter that there was a lie involved about the entire situation would constitute a pink slip on the basis of conduct unbecoming.

If someone like you or me screwed up and did exactly what he did, we'd be filing for unemployment! But because he's a politician, it's apparently OK for him to keep his job.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You're wasting your time. This thread was never about Weiner and his photos.

This thread was about a Democrat, his lies (which he did) and and a massive "Weiner hard-on" from the Right thinking that this is some way makes them better Republicans by tearing down a Democrat's personal life. But they fail to show up in force like this when Newt or one of the Rep's get caught with his Weiner in his hand!

All these people talk about loving the Constitution and the rule of law, but they never seem to apply it properly when it's in their favor!

He cannot be impeached, as far as I know he was not under oath and not subject to perjury. It's better to go have a beer, read up on the latest market news and let the Right-wing have their witch-burning!

edit on 6-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I was wrong. He admitted to some of this and I thought it was 100% bogus

Now all I can say is at least they were women,
of legal age and he did have underwear on at all times.

But still - Dirty politics is like germ warfare.
These aren't the Marquess of Queens-berry Rules.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hey he( weiner)can go on the road with disgraced NY Democratic governor Elliot Spitzer
The" 6 city Spitzer and Weiner out and about tour"

No, I'm"Spitzer"; ;He's "Wiener..."

Yeah that's juvenile.

Hey Wiener actually was on "Hillary's staff"...

perhaps he can seek counsel from disgraced d-ny congressman charlie Wrangle
you can't make this stuff up.

Our govt is sucha stinkin cesspool!(Yup both parties.) We should send it back!
But no corporation will honor their defective merchandise return policy!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Oh it's just a little lie. He apologized when he was cornered and had no choice.....
Oh look he was in tears, that must mean he is truly sorry for lieing to his country.

Listen, he should be impeached since he didn't the high road.

These politicans are suppose to be leaders and trustworthy.
Those who say it's ok for him to lie to us, the media, his wife family and co-workers help me to realize why this country is being destroyed from the inside out!

Lets start with the founding fathers...any dirty little secrets there?
Maybe we should just scrap the whole Constitution and the Declaration of Independence and start over?

Now we have the aid of polygraphs and the internet, we will be able to enlist much more honorable (but likely less useful) representatives in their place.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Heyhe( weiner)can go on the road with disgraced Democratic governor Elliot spitzer
The" 6 city Spitzer and Weiner out and about tour"

Yeah that's juvenile.Hey Wiener actually was
on "Hillary's staff"...

perhaps he can seek counsel from disgraced d-ny congressman charlie Wrangle
you can't make thi stuff up.

Maybe they should bring along the GOP Mark Foley of the Senate Page Scandal
They could have a regular traveling circus!
A little something for everyone. No pun intended.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Six-term Rep. Mark Foley (R-Fla.) resigned yesterday amid reports that he had sent sexually explicit Internet messages to at least one underage male former page.www.washingtonpost.com...

Now Mark Foley is a member of the U.S. House of Representatives for Florida's 16th district!

edit on 6-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antiquated1
reply to post by centurion1211

OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He lied about what?

To quote myeslf - Wolf feels lied to, Tony's gotta go? Tell Wolf not to vote for him then.
Sorry, I could not care less. You all sound like such a bunch of whiny children. He lied about being hacked, impeach!!!
Whatever. How many politicians lied about things that are poisoning your children and killing off your parents this week?

You seem awfully eager to accept liars as politicians and vice versa.

Why?

Most people are becoming disgusted with the way ALL of our politicians act, if they weren't already disgusted.

Then we have those - such as yourself - that seem almost pathologically unable to find fault with one of their own.

Makes me wonder if they keep defending Weiner as a fellow democrat, or as a fellow liar, or both?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join