It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Investigator

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone else here had read 'Alien Investigator' by Tony Dodd. It is a book documenting sightings in Britian specifically, and areas around it (as we don't often hear as much about the British UFO scene). People will say it's all total BS, but it does provide some very interesting information, often with evidence to back it up.

Check out the book here

I found it to be a pretty interesting read, and just thought i'd recommend it to anyone who is curious.

Hopefully there will be more sources on UFO sightings in Britian in the future! As most attention is focused on the US and other parts of the world, etc.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've read it before, but can't remember much about it...and it isn't in my collection... Might be one to check out again though...thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You should. So should anyone else for that matter!
Good book

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
ive got it but dont remember too much about it.

Obviously wasnt all that interesting, eh?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Perhaps you didn't read it properly. If you had, you might think differently of it.

:� \

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
They should observe for UFOs in places like Antarctica or something, where it's less likely for there to be many sightings through lack of people. Although, I guess The Aliens would have no reason to be in Antarctica...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkcreation
Perhaps you didn't read it properly. If you had, you might think differently of it.

yes, i did read it properly.

I never said it was #, i just said i couldnt remember it.

I read a hell of a lot and a lot of what i read is of this subject, so after a while it all seems to form into one.

I mighnt have a skip through it later and see if it wakens any stored memories.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Check out the book here
I found it to be a pretty interesting read, and just thought i'd recommend it to anyone who is curious.
Hopefully there will be more sources on UFO sightings in Britian in the future! As most attention is focused on the US and other parts of the world, etc.

Can you give us some of your insights? I mean this is for discussion of the Alien topic... Otherwise, this sounds like just another BTS book recommendation post or a poor way to boost sales through a website.

What parts were of interest to you and what do you think about those parts. I think it is best to get a real discussion going.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Okay, well firstly the book is comprised of 11 chapters. My personal favourites, or the ones that I found to be the most interesting were chapters 2 (The kalahari Conspiracy), 7 (Death From The Skies), 9 (The Military Response), and 10 (Under The Oceans). You can read excerpts from most of the chapters by clicking here - Alien Investigator - Author Bio and Chapter Excerpts. The introduction is very interesting, as it tells of how his plan to expose information on the topic (UFOs) was foiled by the British Government.
I thought the book was pretty good, it's up to you whether you believe it or not. I happen to believe most of it, as the guy seems pretty plausible, and has been in this field of research for a long time. Anyone else who has read it want to share their opinion on it, or any other books you found to be interesting (and worth a read), for that matter?

Originally posted by triplesod

yes, i did read it properly.

I never said it was #, i just said i couldnt remember it.

I read a hell of a lot and a lot of what i read is of this subject, so after a while it all seems to form into one.

I mighnt have a skip through it later and see if it wakens any stored memories.

Alright man, no offence intended

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sounds vary intresting, I think I may check it out sometime. Perhaps they have it at our library.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevvosa
They should observe for UFOs in places like Antarctica or something, where it's less likely for there to be many sightings through lack of people. Although, I guess The Aliens would have no reason to be in Antarctica...

no not really, reported Nazi Ufo bases have been rumored to be in antartica.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexParadox

Originally posted by kevvosa

no not really, reported Nazi Ufo bases have been rumored to be in antartica.

Well, all the more reason to observe Antarctica, then. If there is a reason for the UFOs to be there, it's more likely that they will be, as opposed to them not having a reason.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
yea well, might as well check if they are there, maybe for a year?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't see why not, I mean, it wouldn't be too hard to establish a base in Antarctica would it? There are already bases down there aren't there? If anything I think that it's more likely that UFOs would be seen in Antarctica, because, simply, it's the last place we would think of looking... until now, it seems!

new topics

top topics

join