It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is running out. We have until July according to Michael C. Ruppert

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Just a follow up on the above in personal terms and anecdotes.

I work and help manage a farm supply store...all of my 3 point equipment just went up another 50 dollars...that's 100 bucks since beginning of March.

My corn and corn sourced feed has gone up from 6.00 a bag to 10.00 a bag in one year. Cracked corn is now almost 12.00 a 50lb bag.

Fertilizers in 40lb bags are 14.00....it really wasn't but a few years ago the same product was only 6-7 dollars a bag.

Everyday, I have to over ride a price at ther checkout line because the shelf tag said less than what is in the computer..in otherwords, prices are going up faster than we can change the shelf labels.

Do you do grocery shopping? Check out the costs of potatoes, onions, apples, pasta....

Don't cook, but are a junk food junkie...Taco bell's Value Menu just went up 50cents....Mickey D's dollar menu gets smaller by the week...

What i foresee is it all coming apart very fast....

people will go to work oneday, and they will hear whispers...see a few random reports while surfing the net at work...at lunch, they will notice lines at the gas stations and convenient stores....they panic...just a little precaution they tell them selves...run down to the ATM...it is temporarily out of order. Then it is off to the bank..maybe a frantic cell phone call to their spouse to get some "extra" groceries...but there are lines at the store...the bank is closed with excited crowds and the cops are there.

Then panic really kicks in,... people call in from lunch, not going back to work but to school to get the kids... there are cops and check points at the major intersections...the news radio channel reports gunshots and looting...the governor in conjunction with FEMA and Fed agencies have declared a state of emergency....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Middle East: The Rest of the Story - The Entire Three DVD Set - by Lindsey Williams. This is the actual three DVD set that was shipped in March 2011. This video contains the entire three DVD set together and is about two and a half hours long. The Topics include: The Middle East Crisis. Future Price of Crude Oil. Future Price of Gasoline and Diesel. Future Grocery Prices. Explosive Growth to US Crude production. Elite Plans through 2012. China and the US. The Future of Islam. Riots in the Middle East. And Other Information never told before. These are the DVDs promoted on radio shows that Lindsey Williams appeared on such as the Alex Jones Show.

Closed captioning is being added as it is completed. You can choose a caption track in the sub-menu, you can also control captions with various keyboard short-cuts:
* Increase text size: press "+" key
* Decrease text size: press "-" key
* Change background: press "B" or "b" key

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I can offer some expertise and I hope a fairly simple explanation regarding the shortage of materials due to the Japan earthquake.

When the Japan quake hit, I was working for a top 3 EMS company. "EMS" is "electronic manufacturing services." Basically, EMS firms are the companies that actually build all the electronic things and more, from medical machines to solar panels to computers to cell phone to TVs to control systems for avionics, etc. EMS companies build these things under contract for all the big companies, like CISCO, Apple, Sony, etc. You never see the EMS company's logo, but they are the ones building things. They are the ones who have developed hugley complex global supply chains systems for all the components and raw materials used to make all these things, as well as the transport logistics to bring these finished goods to market. They even do after market servicing of things. But do not confuse EMS companies with componet makers. Component makers build single things. EMS companies take all the components and other materials to make and assemble finished goods.

In other words, these people are the experts and the front lines for dealing with components. When the quake happened, all these companies went into high gear figuring out the impact. Here's why:

1. Many devices you use, such as an iPad, have a handful of what are called "sole source" parts. Sole source parts are things that only one component. If the maker of a sole source component is shut down or even slows, then EVERY device that uses this component cannot be build once the existing supply is exhausted. This is why iPads went into back order the day after the quake -- some sole source components needed were no longer going to be available for some time until some other facitlity can retool and set up alternative production of that thing.

2. Modern business now is so refined that everything is based on "just in time" methodologies. Basically, companies from component makers (who have inventory of raw materials like silicon) to retailers (who hold inventory of finished goods) do not hold more inventory than they need to satisfy some period range of demand. "Carrying" inventory is very expensive on the books, so companies do not stockpile things, unless, say, they have visibility of an impending supply constriction. Problem is, earthquakes do not give you warning, so there is no stock piling in anticipation of them. Generally, stockpiling will occur also when there is a highly predictable major increase in demand OR a company knows a component is about to be "end of lifed" (EOL) and that soon to be EOL piece is needed to make things that are still being sold on the market. These EOL stockpiles are built as the companies redesign products to enable to non EOL component to take its place.

3. Japan is a major center for certain materials that while not "raw" are base chemically derived materials that are used in everything from microchips (e.g. refined silicon) to touch screens (e.g. very advanced glass technological materials for touch screens). Not only did the quake itself put a major strain on the global supply for these materials, the ongoing nuclear event has forced shutdown of critical elements of the supply chain that develops these materials. If you want a sense of the dependency of the world economy, check out this quote from iSuppli (the best analyst firm on the topic of supply chain):

Japan also is the world’s largest supplier of silicon used to make semiconductor chips—at about 60 percent of the global total. If this supply is disrupted due to the logistical and infrastructure challenges Japan is facing this will have an impact not only on NAND flash memory, DRAM, microcontrollers, standard logic, LCD panels and LCD parts, it will also affect other families of products such as discretes, i.e. MOSFETs, bipolar transistors and small signal transistors.
March 14 iSuppli article

So what the gentlement is describing in the video is spot on. And, if you want an advance sneak peak at the global impact, pay attention to the stock prices and earnings announcements of the world top EMS firms. Experts financial analysts use these firms as bellweather stocks: if they show major grow, it is an early indication of market turn arounds, if they show major declines, it reveals an impending slowdown (or worse). Here are the top public firms:

1. Hon Hai Precision Industries (China based)
2. Flextronics (Singapore)
3. Jabil Circuit (U.S. headquatered)
4. FOXXCON International Holdings (China)
5. Celestica (Canada)

www.ventureoutsource.com...

edit on 6-6-2011 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by pajoly because: more detail

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
We're already feeling it in Small-Town Canada. Coffee is $12.97 a can, bread is $3.99 a loaf, it is just under $5.00 for a small bag of potatoes, seeds for the garden average $2.49+ a small pack.. seeds that were .79 cents less than 2 years ago... All of the food prices keep sky-rocketing. Oh, and the power company keeps raising the bill in small increments every couple of months.

It's only going to get worse.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

With 3 million acres gone in just 3 states because of the flooding, I think we're going to see food prices through the roof. With the increase in gas prices, it's going to make it even worse. Some families are having trouble now feeding themselves, paying bills and having money for gas to get to work. The stock market took another downturn this morning. Things are looking bad, and as the summer goes on, it's a good bet it's going to get worse.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We really are dividing ourselves! I see those who are embracing a Spiritual War, and those who are embracing a Monetary War (physical). Only one of these is an Illusion!

You get to pick! Pick wisely because that is your fate and your path.

Blessings be to all who open to receive, money or otherwise! Choose wisely!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stavis

If we go by the bible,it proves all this wrong! Also no man knows time or date,simple.God is the only one that knows.

www.hurtingchristian.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

Amen to that.
There is nothing wrong in preparing for the times shown to be more difficult for each week that passes.
No, I do not think anyone can put a date for the shortcomings. It seems that a gradual deterioration as time goes on. The real financial collapse is likely after a long period of tough times? I believe that we are currently experiencing a period of no return, I am convinced that the crash is in the near future. To hear people who have studied for most of his life to give their views at this time is amazing and frightening, but it is a luxury for us to take advantage of these people's knowledge of the single pound weighed so many years. All in a few hours of listening, who knows, maybe it's just that we need?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Peak oil IMO is one of THE most important subjects that needs more attention. Mr Ruppert's documentary collapse had an effect on me, and largely informed me on a subject that I didn't have any real awareness of. Immediately after watching it I bought a DVD copy to share with friends. It, for me, has opened a whole canned of worms in the subject matters of Peak oil, Exponential population growth, Green revolution (look it up), inefficient alternative fuel sources (current technology at least) and how all of this ties into our economy, way of living, politics, and perpetual war.

We are in for a MAJOR change in our way of living. Sometimes I think about it and it all seems coincidental. Right at the moment where all of the worlds religions, our ethics, material obsession, corrupted political structures, resources, and social relations seems to be on top of it's heads, comes out an instant "do over" in the form of total societal collapse. To me, it looks like a lesson is going to be learned by the cast majority of humanity, and the ones that survive (2 out of 7) will hold the honor of remaking society in a form that is more ethical, more communal, more environmentally sound, and more spiritually aware (whatever that means).

It is also quite coincidental that this is happening around the 2012 period that so many have been speaking about. Maybe it's tied in somehow.

For those that liked collapse and want a more in dept analysis of the problem, check out Crash Course (you can view them on youtube) by Chris Martenson.

edit on 6-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
His website is called "CollapseNet" - so it should be of no surprise that the man will be predicting a "collapse" pretty much every time he speaks, right?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
His website is called "CollapseNet" - so it should be of no surprise that the man will be predicting a "collapse" pretty much every time he speaks, right?

When you come across the information that he has and many others like him, all you will ever talk about would be collapse. There is nothing more important that your way of life, what allows you to live your way of life and what allows you to live.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
www.reuters.com...

With 3 million acres gone in just 3 states because of the flooding, I think we're going to see food prices through the roof. With the increase in gas prices, it's going to make it even worse. Some families are having trouble now feeding themselves, paying bills and having money for gas to get to work. The stock market took another downturn this morning. Things are looking bad, and as the summer goes on, it's a good bet it's going to get worse.

through......and in europe good food is destroyed right now... nearly all fresh vegetables are getting banned....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Say what you will about Ruppert I first ran into his "from the wilderness" blog when I was getting into "peak oil" a few years ago, one of his talks convinced me to: "GET OUT OF DEBT NOW!".( His words not mine..)

Wife and I both had well paying jobs then; we buckled down; doubled up our house payments and paid off our mortgage and credit cards around 2007 or so. I am breathing alot easier these days. because of Mike Ruppert's advice.

Seems like a switch was thrown within the last 4weeks. The mom&pop motorcycle shop I work at/with emptied our used bike inventory last month, We all stood around an empty showroom floor; looked at each other and said(in effect "well whattawedonow"? Do we even dare to restock?)The owners went out and restocked. we haven't sold asingle machine in over 3 weeks...the phone has stopped ringing; walk in traffic is nil; ( and the motorcycle weather has finally arrived!) Msm say new car sales are up 11%!!!! Riiiiiiight..
edit on 6-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Some of his claims do seem somewhat reasonable. I don't know if it means the catastrophic collapse he depicts, but it should have some sort of impact.

However, I'd ask if Michael Ruppert predicted the Global Recession that kicked off in 2008. If he missed that ( while others did not) why should we believe him on this?

edit on 6-6-2011 by EthanT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
My concern is more of a question that I can't seem to find a conclusive answer for...only theories. What does oil do for our Earth in regards of its health and stability? Are we sucking the life force out of it? There are so many conflicting answers on the internet and I am baffled. Seems to me if we did not rely heavily on it our Earth and its people would be better off.

I am a Realtor here in Tennessee and I can tell you that I believe it will bust again. The old timers have never seen our economy in this bad of shape and it is said to only get worse. We owe so much and we are continuing to owe more. There seems to be no light at the end if the tunnel either.

Our Government has screwed us and I didn't even get a kiss!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Already Gone,

This is what I am also aware of as well. I do not mean to frighten people but I am concerned about homeowners as I am a Realtor. I am concerned that if you as a homeowner do not outright own your home and even if you do....you realize the Government can indeed take it if they deem necessary? They can and the concern is...they will if they see it fits their needs for whatever reason. The banks will shut down with your money.....it can happen. This is why my Grandfather always buried his money on the land. He didn't trust the banks at all with his hard earned money. They spend it...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
www.reuters.com...

I agree with you.
Things at the grocery store are not just creeping up, but jumping up 25 cents at a time. It is going to get a whole lot uglier before things calm down.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
We're already feeling it in Small-Town Canada. Coffee is $12.97 a can, bread is $3.99 a loaf, it is just under $5.00 for a small bag of potatoes, seeds for the garden average $2.49+ a small pack.. seeds that were .79 cents less than 2 years ago... All of the food prices keep sky-rocketing. Oh, and the power company keeps raising the bill in small increments every couple of months.

It's only going to get worse.

yes there is a shortage of seeds. Ive been buying up seeds like crazy. Its all a matter of time

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT
Some of his claims do seem somewhat reasonable. I don't know if it means the catastrophic collapse he depicts, but it should have some sort of impact.

However, I'd ask if Michael Ruppert predicted the Global Recession that kicked off in 2008. If he missed that ( while others did not) why should we believe him on this?

Well... Do the research.

Mike Ruppert indeed predicted the global economic crash that kicked off in 2008.. Apparently he was off by about a year but who cares..... It happened.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Well... Do the research.

Mike Ruppert indeed predicted the global economic crash that kicked off in 2008.. Apparently he was off by about a year but who cares..... It happened.

www.youtube.com...

Why do the research when somebody else can do it for you ... thanks for that! ;-)

That makes him a bit more credible, in my opinion. So many people make a prediction in retrospect, or make one big one that is wrong and they're never to be heard from again. It's nice to see a "track record".

I don't think anybody predicted the exact time of the 2008 recession ... just pretty darn sure it was coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join