It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with this weapon..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I went to a yard sale today and picked up a Remington 511-p scoremaster .22 rifle for 125.00$

This rifle is in great condition..

it also has an old Weaver scope on it..

but it is late here now...

so i will post some pics of it tomorrow..

this is a really nice rifle...

bolt action, for those who wanted to know..

also..it has the manufacture? makers mark stamped on the barrel.

looks like it might be at least 50-80 years old..

send any info you guys/gals find to this thread...

I will come back and check it..soon..thanks..BM
edit on 6-6-2011 by baddmove because: added stuff

edit on 6-6-2011 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What do you need help with?

Ohh you're looking for more information regarding your gun oops, missed it on the first read

edit on 6-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
good for small game obviously (.22 cal) light weight so good for an end of the world situation or having to move long distances . i do like bolt action over semi-auto with small cal.
but i dont think ive ever shot this model.
.22 rounds are cheap and light as well, do you know if it will hold the .22 long rifle shells?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I like 22's for practicing. The only thing i don't like is the lack of stopping power. I carry a 1911 45acp as my sidearm. 308 bolt action for my sniper and an ar15 for my assault. I still want to get a shotgun. But not sure what to get. Have fun scopin some # with that 22. They are alot of fun. And ammo's WAY cheap! lol

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

www.benelliusa.com...
if you got the money go for benelli, (i dont) nothing wrong with a mosberg.
im a lefty and benelli has a good amout of shotys for leftys

edit on 6-6-2011 by forsaken421 because: im a lefty

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Self-defense firearms are like Chef's knives... you only need 3 (in the chef's case, you need a chef's knife, a boning knife, and a paring knife)

1. A primary weapon... aka an assault rifle (I use the AR platform)

2. A side arm... ie a pistol or revolver (.45 ACP 1911 for me)

3. A CQB weapon... a shotgun (Mossberg 18.5 inch pistol grip is what I have... I know, cheap)

I don't think there is a real reason to own anything that is in the 22 LR caliber (unless you want to teach your 10 year old how to shoot).

Antique weapons are cool though! perhaps you can use this purchase to start your collection of old guns!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well the good news is you got a good deal for it. These rifles typically sell for 350 to 500 bucks depending on condition, year of manufacture, and functionality.

Those old Weaver scopes are a good little investment as well. If you have the serial number I'd be able to tell you more about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

OK..after a lot of research today..

we found out it was made in 1947..

in the month of May..

it has stamps on it..

you can put the letters in here and get the month and year it was made..

armscollectors.com...

pretty cool so far....

our letters are " KSS"

go ahead and try it...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well it's year of manufacture isn't particularly remarkable. If it has never been fired(which is nearly impossible for a .22 of any kind) and all parts are in in mint condition, then this little rifle will serve as a very good investment. One thing to consider is maintenance of the barrel, bolt, and other parts outside and in. These older weapons don't have the kind of corrosion resistant coatings that modern firearms do, so maintenance is going to have to be a little more regular. You can't just shoot this thing and then not clean it either. Older weapons are more susceptible to pitting and rust than newer rifles.

Nice find, sir.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Send Remington an e-mail with your serial # and ask for info on the rifle and they should get you loads of info. Right down to the facility and shift that made it. You may need to re-barrel it if it's pitted badly. It would be worth it to take it to a good gunsmith and have them look it over.

Good find.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Had a double feed (posted same reply twice). Tap, rack, bang this reply if necessary.
edit on 7-6-2011 by HappyHermit because: Double post reply

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

Believe it or not the .22 is the prefered caliber of mafia assassins. Onced fired into the human body if it hits a bone a doesnt fragment on impact it plays pinball inside your body. Has enough force to still travel through the body but not enough to exit.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
.22 is a nice caliber to start shooting. not much recoil but it helps you get the feeling. Before you fire it, please take the advices here and take it to a gunsmith before it blows up in your face

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
.22 is a nice caliber to start shooting. not much recoil but it helps you get the feeling. Before you fire it, please take the advices here and take it to a gunsmith before it blows up in your face

that's might be the way to go.

new topics

top topics

join