It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Never Met the Dead Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I just wanted to show another example of what I was talking about in the thread here.

Think of any show where the main characters are regular middle class people. Do you notice any theme amongst 95% of those? Now put yourself in the minds of the wealthy people producing these shows. They're not laughing with you, they're laughing AT you.

It's the epidode "I Never Met the Dead Man" on the show Family Guy. It's funny Fox is showing an episode that goes to my point completely.

Plot

Annoyed that Peter spends more time watching television than with his own family, Lois suggests he teach Meg how to drive. Peter reluctantly agrees, and unwittingly gives Meg a series of bad driving tips, including instructing her to "rev" her engine twice at stop lights and challenge other drivers to a race, which causes her to ultimately fail her driving test. As Peter drives them home from the Department of Motor Vehicles he notices that a show he wanted to watch is on television in a nearby house. Distracted, he crashes the car into a main cable television transmitter, knocking out reception for the entire town of Quahog. Panicking, Peter convinces Meg to take the blame for the cable outage, bribing her with the promise of a new convertible whenever she gets her license. Once they arrive home with the transmitter still attached to the car, Lois becomes furious with Peter for placing the blame on his own daughter.Meanwhile, Stewie steals the satellite dish in a plan to create a weather control device capable of destroying the world's supply of broccoli, since Lois had forced him to eat the vegetable earlier that day.

Suffering withdrawal syndrome from the lack of cable, Peter straps a television-sized cardboard cutout to himself, making it appear as though his whole world is actually a television program. When Meg can no longer deal with the public scorn, she reveals that her father is really responsible for Quahog's loss of television, causing the town to turn against him. In an attempt to save Peter from further scorn and verbal attacks, Lois gives a heartfelt speech to the community about how television has kept them all from enjoying one another. Inspired by the speech, Peter drags the family to one outdoor activity after another, which quickly exhausts them. Once the family can no longer keep up with him, Peter decides to go off with William Shatner, who has appeared on the Griffin family doorstep after experiencing a flat tire, to a nearby festival. Meanwhile, Stewie's weather machine creates a huge rainstorm. While Meg is practicing driving, the storm causes her to accidentally hit Shatner and Peter, killing Shatner and hospitalizing Peter. As her father recovers, in a full-body cast, he is forced to watch television, causing him to become addicted once again, much to his family's relief.

This one was even a little much for

Notice how no ones paying attention to evil Stewie because they are all concerned with tv being out, 'meanwhile' Stewies buiding a weather machine to destry food. hmmmm

Here's some quotes

Peter: Oh, sorry, Meg. Daddy loves you. But Daddy also loves Star Trek. And, in all fairness, Star Trek was here first.

Lois: For God's sake, Peter. You've been in front of the TV since you got home from work. Why don't you spend some time with your family?
Peter: I will, I'm just gonna do it during the commercials. And if that's wrong, well then maybe I'm missing the point of having commercials.

(While driving)
Peter: Look, honey, you just have to remember that life has its little ups and...oh, jeez! We're gonna miss the beginning of my show. Hey, there it is.
Meg: Dad, watch out!
(Car crashes)
Peter: Meg, honey, are you okay?
Meg: Yeah, I think so.
Peter: The Quahog Cable Television Transmitter. Uh-oh

Man #1: Hey! You just knocked out cable TV for the whole town!
Peter: Oh Boy! Hey, look, there's Bigfoot!
Bigfoot: Whoa, whoa, whoa. This isn't about me. This is about you.

Do you get the joke?

Peter: I hate to see you so upset. Hey, I know. Let's play a little game called Taking the Fall for Daddy. If you win, I'll buy you a convertible when you get your license.
Meg: Really? Oh, Daddy! Now I love you again!

Lois: Peter! You're bribing your daughter with a car?
Peter: Come on, Lois-isn't "bribe" just another word for "love"? Look, you wanted me and Meg to bond. And that's what we're doing.

At the end, the thing that got Peter hooked back on tv was a Klondike Bar commercial that went;

Announcer: “What would you do for a Klondike Bar, Would you stand on one leg?”
Middle class man: “Sure”
Announcer: “Would you act like a monkey?”
Middle class man: “Uh-huh. Ooo-ooo-OOOO”
Announcer: “Would you kill a man?”
Middle class man: “Uh... well...” [*gunshot*]

And the show ends with the family all sitting on the couch watching tv:

Lois: The real lesson of all this is not what you do, but who you do it...
Peter: Shh the tv's on
end of show

And some other inside jokes they do to make fun of Americans because they know nobodies attention;

When Meg is in class, the guy infront of her keeps changing from a white guy with blonde hair to a black guy with curly black hair and back.

When Peter is in the car with Meg, he checks the time using his wrist watch. However, after that the wrist watch can no longer be found.

Lois washes the dishes in the sink next to Stewie. However in the scene before, the sink is behind Stewie, and there are no dirty dishes.

When Peter first goes down into the basement, there is no railing on the stairs. One suddenly appears later in the same scene.

Stewie plus the jumper cables onto the weather control device, and suddenly the handles are different colors than they were before.

When Peter and William Shatner are dancing in the rain, the stars that were previously on Peter's shirt are now gone.

It's really sad Family Guy is the most popular show in America. If people actually watched the show they could find dozens of examples in every episode.

And if you really pay attention, you'll see examples of this in almost every show, in just about every episode where the main charactors are regular middle class people.

edit on 6-6-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
its a cartoon designed to make you laugh.

every single point you made, made me remember the episode and chuckle...

i have NFI what you are trying to say in this thread.
edit on 6-6-2011 by okamitengu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

No, it's a cartoon to designed to make the globalists laugh. It also functions as a tool for them to turn the rest of world against us as foreigners see our media as a reflection of Americans(Why we laugh along as we're continuously made fun of is beyond me) It also works to plant ideas of sex, rebellion, and apathy.

Is this the twilight zone? Why can't anybody see this?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99

No, it's a cartoon to designed to make the globalists laugh. It also functions as a tool for them to turn the rest of world against us as foreigners see our media as a reflection of Americans(Why we laugh along as we're continuously made fun of is beyond me) It also works to plant ideas of sex, rebellion, and apathy.

because most americans are fat lazy and stupid? dont worry, .. the whole world aspires to be just as fat lazy and stupid as america...

there are worse examples of social engineering programs around. at least you can laugh at family guy.

try laughing at dancing with the stars, big brother or any of the other mindless sh*t that gets pumped out..

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu

because most americans are fat lazy and stupid? dont worry, .. the whole world aspires to be just as fat lazy and stupid as america...

Speak for yourself! Many New Zealanders want to be just like Americans, but I believe just as many don't!
V

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackStar99

I have no doubt its used as a tool....never liked the show..and don't watch it much.

new topics

top topics

join