It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you dont wont to disappear do you...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Yeah it makes more sense to keep it simple depending on the situation and where you are. Where I am, is away from it all, rivers near, and no need to have to travel out of my zone more than a few miles, all I need to do is hunker down and set up a simple shop with basic electrical functions while still having a short term kit ready to go for back up.

I have a few different ways of having a light weight energy solution including leds if I had to go off total observation and at least have a decent fan and light.

I recommend people that can't run fast with a 30-60 pound pack to focus on something less elaborate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
why does everyone press matches????

matches, especially big chief wooden matches make explosives, and could make a makeshift powder for a makeshift gun

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry you lost me on portable toilet...

Really man if you need a portable toilet to survive....I think your in trouble...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
why does everyone press matches????

matches, especially big chief wooden matches make explosives, and could make a makeshift powder for a makeshift gun

yes, but matches are not that explosive, and this is survival not the bomb squad..
how many matches you tnink you need to make anything worthwhle...
but press was meaning why does everyone say take matches, not press them into powder

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Coleman fuel is perfectly legal, there is no reason to be scared to buy such things, unless of course you are actually cooking meth.

That made me chuckle a bit. Star for your informative post.

There is no need to be affraid, just be aware. He (my friend) didn't make the substance ne knew the guy who did. He did get two felonies for buying the fuel. They used the security camera of him walking out with it against him. The task force is no joke.

I mean seriously though, Walmart employees are told to look out for suspicious activities and purchases. I was just trying to imply that it looks like a list that Ted Kyzenski (I know it's spelled wrong) would take to his monthly town journey.

I would still go with unleaded gasoline. Way cheaper.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Unleaded gas spoils and breaks down.

Coleman fuel is shelf stable for a several years. Also a little more stable in pressure devices giving a more uniform bright light rather than waving and flickering.

Junky walmart camp fuel is not the same thing. It breaks down within 3 years.

You get what you pay for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join