It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tale of the Magick Stick.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
December 25th, 2010. I am given a special gift. A walking stick. A beautiful piece of work by Mother Nature, simply sanded and varnished, nothing more.

I am familiar with the power of walking sticks. I had one in past that helped me through many journeys. That old stick has now become the handle to a rake. Still in use to this day.

But this is the story of the new stick. The Magick Stick. Made out of Ohia wood, the moment I saw it on Christmas day, I knew it had much to teach me.

It is now June. The Magick Stick has been with me all of these months, and my oh my how much we have grown together.

The Magick Stick has evolved through many hardships. This is the progression:

-Late December: First Meeting. Sanded and Varnished.

-February: Decided to add 3 stripes of colored cloth to the stick.

-April: Decided to draw on the stick with a permanent marker. Also painted with arcrylic paint on it. Strange, the more I add to it, the more it seems to detract from its natural power.

-May: Lost in my friend's backyard for a week. When I find it the following week, it has sustained slight weather damage from the rain; the water getting under the layer of varnish.

-May: Take Magick Stick to a bonfire. Make the bad decision of leaving it by the fire. I leave for a minute, and I return to see someone using it as a pokey stick for the fire. It is not his fault, I should not have left it by the fire. It has sustained burns to the bottom quadrant; slight, but still charred.

-Late May to Early June: Magick Stick is put into resting while I try and figure out how to revive it. How can I restore it's natural power?

-Today: June 5th: My Magick Stick calls to me, lets me know how I can give it life once more.

It is decided. I get the power sander, and sand away all the varnish, all the paint, all the permanent marker. I remove the 3 color strips of cloth. After this, I use sand it by hand. (I used eye protection and a dust mask while I sanded it, if you were wondering)

I look upon my friend. He has never looked this powerful. He has been reborn, he is only natural wood now, no artificial additions. He has passed the trials of water and fire. Magick Stick has returned.

He couldn't have come at a better time. There is only 8 days left for me in this dimension. We have much to accomplish.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Where can you get this magic stick. Also how did you activate it's spiritual power? I want to know so I can improve spiritually.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Where can you get a Magick Stick?

Nature. You get it from Mother Earth. Go on a quest, the right stick will call out to you.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
...Magick Stick has returned...He couldn't have come at a better time. There is only 8 days left for me in this dimension. We have much to accomplish.

So...you're outta here in a week huh? Send a post card or sumpin' if that's allowed. Have fun. I mean it sounds fun dimension hopping and all.

As for your magic totem: I kind of know what you mean about the bond between a man and his walking stick.

edit on 6-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

There is only 8 days left for me in this dimension. We have much to accomplish.

Care to explain that with a little more depth?

I have a fondness for the gifts of nature and what "powers" they bring us
edit on 6/6/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Love the story. Reminds me of how we could/will all be when we restore our true selves and strip away the ego, conditioning/influences from society, and scars/burns we receive from living over time. After we restore ourselves we return to our beautiful, powerful, magical, and original true selves.

I think i've been reading too much zen and buddhism literature : )

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have a walking stick that was taken from Rendlesham Forest, in Woodbridge, UK, in 1987. It was taken from the forest by someone I know and then left behind because they could not pack it themselves.

I found it laying against the door and I picked it up and brought it home with me. I carried it to Dallas, TX, then to San Antonio, TX, from there it came to El Paso, TX, then on to Houston, TX.

We both reside in Las Cruces, NM, me and my walking stick. It has never failed to hold me up and has sounded true with each tap against the ground!

It was later engraved with some Magick symbols by the very person that found it in the forest; I have since taken a silver blade and cut then down and out across its staff. I feel the wound every day as it was deep, but I dare not let a single mark show of the Spell it once had.

Now it is a walking stick again! It is sitting outside at my front door right now enjoying a Midnight rain across the desert!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Beautiful story.

I gaze upon it now, and in its natural form, it just feels so right.

It does not require anything more. It is perfect just the way it is.

There was also a time I stringed some beads through it; those beads exploded off of it later that night.

I look at it, and it teaches me so much. We do not need to paint over our true beauty. We are perfect as is.

It is by my side right now, and it is so strong once more. Love it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

He couldn't have come at a better time. There is only 8 days left for me in this dimension. We have much to accomplish.

Hey buddy, haven't talked to you in a little while. Glad to hear you are doing well. Never have I enjoyed reading so much about wood, in my life.

Very cool. I used to have a nice walking stick that I made myself out of a fallen limb. I wish I still had it, actually.

It was all natural... Sanded and all. Though I think I did put some water seal on it actually.

That said, your very last sentence has me intrigued... What do you mean there are only 8 days left for you in this dimension?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have a beautiful stick from a tree I trimmed back in my front yard a few years ago. I am waiting for it to forgive me before I fashion it a bit more. Right now it is spending some time in my garden as a growing pole for sweet peas, where I am grateful for it every day as it participates in, and contributes to, the beauty of my garden. Eventually, when the time is right, it will be my very first staff.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Yes, you definitely have to gain its respect before it can be used for Magick.

I am still currently reconnecting with my staff, maybe a nice walk later will strengthen our bonds once more.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wishing you and your new walking stick, many wonderful journeys together! I enjoyed your story. I love how you continually revere nature and its wonders. You are a fine young man my friend!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I have my own magic stick, only that its made from a copper pipe, with a copper coil, and the hook from a clothes hanger as its handle.

edit on 7-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Nice magick stick. The fact that it is copper and metallic does not detract any power from it.

This is why:

If you live in a city, a metallic walking stick would actually be a better fit, because it would be more in tune with its surroundings than a wooden one.

Out in nature, a wooden walking stick resonates more because they are both natural.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
That said, your very last sentence has me intrigued... What do you mean there are only 8 days left for you in this dimension?

What I mean is I am moving in 8 days. Now it is 6 days.

I think when moving to a new location, you truly are like going into a new dimension. New sights, smells, tastes, sounds, and feelings.

Make sense?

I am not going to be able to take Magick Stick with me, so it was awesome that in my last few days here before I move, we get to hang out.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Ah, okay. Well hey, look at it this way. It is the start of a a new chapter. I am not sure why you can't take the stick with you, but maybe you will have a new one call out to you. Imagine the adventures you could have.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

There is no such thing as future improvement to a spiritual path. The answers already exist in your mind as your mind is the construct of reality. To understand this you must embark on a path of self discovery and leave all spiritual beliefs involving "reality" behind. In the end all of reality goes away and the illusion is understood. Use the illusion to get out of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think this is a great story, Soljah. I've always had an "official" walking stick around since childhood, and its always sad when one disappears or breaks, but that 's the sign its time for a new one.

One day when I was probably about 7 or 8 years old I was spending the afternoon with my grandfather, a great whittler. He was fooling around with a stick and ended up carving that particular day's date into it and giving it to me. The date was not a special or significant one, so I asked my granddad why he had carved it. He said: "People always remember general things, but there is value to rememebering specific things too, even if they aren't really all that important. I want you to hold onto this stick, and when you look at it in later years, think back to this day, which isn't really special, but is just a nice day."

I still have that stick, although my grandfather is long, long gone, and when I see it and that random date from many years ago, I always think of him not as "grandfather in general" but as a specific man sitting in a specific chair whittling this specific stick on that specific date. It's a very fresh, vivid memory since it is so specific. Thanks, gramps, you were a wise man and teaching me to think of memory that way was a great gift.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Magick is an act opposite of faith. The act of not having faith within yourself(the universe) to bring you to the next step successfully.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Magick is an act opposite of faith. The act of not having faith within yourself(the universe) to bring you to the next step successfully.

Isn't it (magick) just a physical manifestation of the faith within ourselves (the universe) to go to that next step?
It is faith with form.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join