It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Open to Any and All Explanations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
For sometime now I have been wondering about something that happened to me when I was 19 years old. I still remember it vividly and have been unable to come up with a logical explanation for what happened. Let me preface what I am going to say by stating that I was not on drugs or alchohol at anytime during this event.

I went down a street that I had never been down before, but it was near a McDonalds that my friends and I frequented. When I drove down the street I noticed that the houses on the street were smaller than normal as well as the doors to the homes. When I got to the end of the street I found it to be a dead-end. As I was turning my vehicle around a number of people had gathered in the street blocking my exit. All of the people were either a midget or a dwarf. They explained to me that I was not welcomed in their neighborhood and that I should leave and not return. I could tell by their demeanor that they were quite serious. I left and thought about them all night. I pondered that they must have founded this neighborhood specifically to have a place where they could live with others like themselves and escape from the staring and teasing that they may have received elsewhere.

The following day I was talking to my friend Tony about the weird experience. He was so intrigued he wanted to see the place for himself. So I took him there. When I went back, the houses on the street looked normal, and there was not a dwarf or midget to be found. Tony thought I was out of my mind. But , I swear to you, the place had changed overnight! I did not imagine this. This actually happened to me. I've thought about the idea of a parallel dimension as a possible explanation. Has anyone ever experienced or heard of anyone experiencing something similar? I would appreciate any insight.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Did you notice the architecture of the buildings that looks familiar in our time? I'm asking this because you might time traveled to a different era

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What time of year was it ?
was it foggy or misty before you got to the street ?
the veil may have been down in that area for some reason.
did time seem to have changed when you got back...

irelandsown.net...
alternativeapproaches.com...

What can you expect to find Beyond the Veil? You will find non-ordinary reality. This reality can be either frightening or exhilarating, depending on several factors. One factor is your image. If you are trying to play the role of an oh-so-together, modern, materialistic person, then these experiences won't help. Ruling out non-ordinary possibilities is a good idea - you'll appear normal and sane (more or less).

Conversely, if non-ordinary identities and realities interest you, then you will enjoy that world. For example, say that on another plane of reality you are an angel. This represents an aspect of your multidimensional wholeness. By allowing that aspect to influence you, life becomes richer. Ironically, it keeps you sane (more or less). If you rule out this possibility, then you effectively limit its influence, or at least, its full expression.

In any case, an important factor in dealing with non-ordinary reality is how your ego handles it. If you are grounded, then you won't go crazy or become arrogant. You can enjoy the spectrum of wonder and possibilities that this reality offers.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Other than being smaller, the architecture seemed consistent with the time period. I do remember the atmosphere seemed particularly gloomy or overcast, and I had an overall sense of uneasiness.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

Most likely you traveled to the 1970s or 1980s. Do you know any history of the area in particular you might shed some light to what you experienced

(I don't believe in the parallel universe theory)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Ever hear of a dwarf named Billy Barty? He was a leading activist for little people's rights. He got dwarf-tossing outlawed in Texas( big guys throwing little guys for distance) as demeaning ti little people. He started a clothing and furniture line for little people where high heels and evening gowns really fit, and couches and chairs to fit their size. You have seen kid sized recliners? They were made for dwarfs! small toilets in schools and public buildings? Again, made for dwarfs! Billy Barty made money hand over fist, because he was the first, and at the time, the only one looking out for little people. They knew it, and he got ALL the dwarf business. He did well, and sank the proceeds of the clothing and furniture lines into a third venture. He had houses built to their stature. All the counters, the stairs, the windowsills, the light switches. All the things we take for granted, he had built to their specs. Only trouble he really had were the garages. He could not get car manufactures to build dwarf cars, so they are using golf carts( most of them can;t drive for # anyhow!) Now when you get so many small people in a small area, they are a prime target for thieves, and home invasions. So this is a walled enclave with only one entrance and a ex-military security force on site. These guys are serious and can get to any place inside within 2 minutes. Panic buttons and camera are in all homes. Now dwarfs work erratically, but get paid well when they work. (that is why Tolkin's Lord of the Rings required a new technology to make short actors appear smaller still.) So Billy Barty set up a company store in the center of his town, where any dwarf can order whatever he needs, and pay for it on credit. So far everyone has paid up, and there are no defaulters( nearly unheard of) Now the mystery question....What does Billy Barty CALL this subdivision, where any dwarf, midget, or little person, can move in for nothing?

stay- free- mini- pads-

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
What time of year was it ?
was it foggy or misty before you got to the street ?
the veil may have been down in that area for some reason.
did time seem to have changed when you got back...

irelandsown.net...
alternativeapproaches.com...

What can you expect to find Beyond the Veil? You will find non-ordinary reality. This reality can be either frightening or exhilarating, depending on several factors. One factor is your image. If you are trying to play the role of an oh-so-together, modern, materialistic person, then these experiences won't help. Ruling out non-ordinary possibilities is a good idea - you'll appear normal and sane (more or less).

Conversely, if non-ordinary identities and realities interest you, then you will enjoy that world. For example, say that on another plane of reality you are an angel. This represents an aspect of your multidimensional wholeness. By allowing that aspect to influence you, life becomes richer. Ironically, it keeps you sane (more or less). If you rule out this possibility, then you effectively limit its influence, or at least, its full expression.

In any case, an important factor in dealing with non-ordinary reality is how your ego handles it. If you are grounded, then you won't go crazy or become arrogant. You can enjoy the spectrum of wonder and possibilities that this reality offers.

How would one pierce this so called veil?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

This experienced happened when I was 19 years old. I am now 50. It occurred in the Fall of 1980. The McDonalds I mentioned did not appear to be any different and there was not any indication that I recall that would lead me to believe it was a different time period, but they may be something to explore.
edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

LOL! I took it hook, line, and sinker!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Well there is a place in Florida that was set up by Circus Freaks (no offense meant by that term). If you were in Florida perhaps you accidentally stumbled on that town...I forget exactly where it is located. Most of the Entertainers there are quite elderly now though.

Assuming you are correct when you reinvestigated and the town was now normal.....Hmmm Could have been a very vivid hallucination. Perhaps brought on by a Migraine Headache. The first part of it, with the houses getting smaller sounds an awful lot like the 'tunnel vision' I get with my Migraines.....The rest of it would certainly be a full fledged hallucination though.....And though I've never experienced anything like that, I know that a Migraine can bring them on. Joan of Arc suffered from such Migraine Hallucinations (at least some believe).

Or it could just be a random Hallucination brought on by who knows what....such a vivid and specific one is certainly rare, but it does happen...and sometimes happens to completely healthy people...so who knows.

The only other explanation is that you literally entered the land of the 'little people'. Leprechauns, Fairies....whatever you want to call them. Obviously this explanation will not be backed up by Science...but there is a history of such things happening in Mythology. You can find very similar accounts throughout history.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This sounds exactly like the "midget town" urban legend. I believe there is an article about it on snopes.com.

Someone is driving into a neighborhood, and the houses start getting smaller, and a little person comes out and starts yelling and saying "you don't belong here," almost verbatim. I'd be surprised if no one else has heard of this, I've heard it probably 15 times in my life. But still, I'm wondering if a few of my friends were telling the truth and this happens... somehow?

One time, when I was driving on a highway, a friend told me this story, and I rolled my eyes and looked over to my side and there was a little person driving right next to us. She gave us an angry look and sped away.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

Mind over matter, meditation and intent..
The power is inside you already, the more you know the more you will see..
I gave you two links in my first post. grap some key words from them ,do some searchs , follow the rabbit hole..
only you can decide how far down you want to go..
i can only show you the door.. you have to open it.
there is no hard and fast rules in metaphysics.
but you will know when it happens,
once you free your mind, the rest will follow.
but remember once you have seen it , there is no forgetting. and it can be a bit scary and very addictive.
(but its up to you to decide if you believe this or not)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here's a couple links

urbandictionary:midgetville
wikipedia:midgetville

whoa, and one of the links say Vienna, VA. near where I live, the one my friend told me about was in Fairfax, VA, and Germantown, MD.

edit on 6-6-2011 by rogoeiefar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rogoeiefar
[more

It just so happens that this occurred in Falls Church, Virginia

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is very curious... I wonder if they were some kind of "sub emanation" of the real people who lived there? Maybe there is something to this.

new topics

top topics

join