It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Two Bombs found in Arizona; 500 Evacuated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
500 people were evacuated when two bombs were found in the apartment of an an aircraft mechanic with the 355th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, named Beganovic. He apparently committed suicide after killing his estranged wife and her friend in Texas, and shooting and injuring a 6 year old.

www.tucsoncitizen.com
A bomb squad yesterday exploded two bombs found in the home of a Tucson man who committed suicide Saturday after he killed his estranged wife and her friend in Texas, police said.

As many as 500 tenants of Meridian East Apartments, 8110 E. Speedway Blvd., were evacuated about 1:45 p.m. when Davis-Monthan Air Force Base investigators found "improvised explosive devices" in the apartment of D-M Airman 1st Class Damir Beganovic, said Sgt. Marco Borboa, a Tucson police spokesman.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

One of the devices appeared to be a pipe bomb and the other looked to be a container with a fuse.

Friends of Beganovic, are surprised that he would do something like this. The bomb squad has removed the devices from the apartment and detonated them. No one was injured by the exploding devices.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why the hell would they detonate bombs with fuses? That's kind of stupid, since you'd have to light them before they go off anyway.
Sounds like they were trying to have some fun, or something.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's common practice for bomb squads to detonate ALL bombs or even suspicous looking packages for safety. The danger in manually defusing a bomb is eliminated when you can remotely detonate it.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just sounds like some guy who went totally off the rails. I don't personally think that this could be linked to any real 'terror' threat.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Our local news is reporting that he just went a little loony. I believe that analysis. Doesn't sound like terrorism to me. That's not to say that, IF there are terrorists in the US, there probably aren't a bunch in this area...with our close proximity to the border, large Muslim populations etc.
joey

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
There are all kinds of fuses and the vast majority don't have to be lit. I'm an old artilleryman.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Watch this man be in coute with Al Queda somehow, or so the Goverment will say....

I feel sorry for the young child, she did not deserve this.

Deep

new topics

top topics

join