It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by fleabit

Comment about 3 objects having to form a triangle or a line: Sure, but unless you are purposely being dense, obviously an object that is an equilateral or isosceles triangle has more merit than a scalene. Yes? The odds that 3 lanterns hold a perfect distance to form the prior two triangle types for more than a moment or two.. are pretty low

Are they low odds? Think about it two points of light ( lanterns) can be any distance away from each other, then you only need one light to be roughly the same distance away and bingo you've got an equilateral triangle. And remember even a perfect equilateral triangle would appear to be perfect to an observer if it was at exactly the right angle. Any change in angle would make the triangle appear to be not of equal sides due to the perspective.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacjtg
reply to post by Phage

Anything is possible.........

tac........you shouldn't sell yourself short bro. Anything is not possible. It's safe to say that it definitely was not a routine type aircraft. Was it? No! So it's not anything is possible.

I can say, on my honor, that what my daughter and I saw was not just anything. It was three bright lights, moving in unison, maintaining a perfect triangular shape. It moved from south to north. It was high up in the atmosphere and the lights were at a substantial distance apart.

For perspective; I substantiate the spacing between the lights by placing my fingers together and hold them out at arms length. The distance between the lights was equivalent while at a distance of perhaps a mile up. I am a former Marine FO and can tell you that it's tremendously difficult to get dimensions of objects (at night) because of poor depth perception from low visibility. You can only get known, referenced ideas without the aid of electronics.

Tac......don't fall for the foolish!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No offense to the OP but one could just take a pic of the sky, open it up in photoshop and take seconds in adding 3 light dots

Yeah, one could, but that would be a bit retarded.

Is that all you've got? Just curious because I'm wondering why it's necessary to try to discredit the OP's post rather than just accept that he saw something in the sky last night and took the best pic he could at the time? He's not making any wild claims, he's just presenting a pic of what he saw. I think if someone was trying to put one over on the public, they could probably do better than take a pic of the night sky and photoshop in three light dots.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
reply to post by DocEmrick

there is absolutely no evidence for the existence of the tr3b

Until you have seen it for yourself.

I saw the Shiloh UFO. This is a little similar. Not red lights though.

I do agree with Chadwickus and the chinese lanterns. This is not a solid object. Which makes it 3 objects. Which makes it????????????

ETA: I did star and flag you op. I really dig the pic and it is alot better than most we see here on ATS....kudos to you.
edit on 6-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: ETA

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm messing with this pic in some of the programs I have.
The thing I find odd is the double light inside the bottom circle -
It could of course be a camera thingy - but it's either moving differently than the other two -
or there really are 2 lights within the circle.

edit on 6-6-2011 by spinkyboo because: word change

edit on 6-6-2011 by spinkyboo because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I'm by no means a photo expert, but I decided to give this a shot. All I did was reduce the noise, and enhanced the shadows. Perhaps it is just my brain wanting to fill in the gap between the lights, but it sure looks like there is an object there, based on the way the lights are reflected.

ETA: Its not as obvious on this small, low quality crop....but on the original close-up you can see where the lights appear to be recessed. You can see it here if you look closely. The shadows indicate they are actually set into something.
edit on 6-6-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

In response to another request for some editing.....I posted this a couple of pages back but the thread is moving fast.

Oh....and to the chinese lanterns....those would have to be some BIIIIIIIGGGGG lanterns, dontcha think???
edit on 6-6-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcat99
How about the military are capable of shielding the ship using the supposedly yet to develop technology which makes things appear invisible??

Bingo! Appear is the keyword folks, but I doubt (without all the photoshop gurus over analizing) it will appear as anything more than what we have.

The military does have the capability to project an image, to mask a craft.........that's all I can say!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi again OP,

None of us can tell for sure what you've witnessed and captured on cam. However, since none of us is an eyewitness we have to go by the facts - and all of them point towards the easiest explanation of all - chinese lanterns. The way they behaved points 100% towards lanterns, the constant position the lights kept is very easy to accomplish using ropes(btw, I was amuzed by your statement that if there was a lantern releases, you would've been aware of it, why, I have to ask, you make that assumption, and do you take in account the possibility of an elaborate attempt at hoaxing at all [cos this seems the case in my eyes currently]?), none of the photo editing shown so far doesn't give indications for a physical craft being present between the lights. Again, I'm not saying you haven't seen something strange, because there is a really slim chance of that to be the case, however, since we go only by the facts, none of them point towards anything that can't be explained.

My point is, I don't know what will be the implications for you personally from this experience, I sincerely wish you they are only for the positive, but don't get your hopes up regarding the "evidence/proof" part as you wouldn't get far in that direction.

Keep looking at the skies, however... You may very well catch something trully strange and unexplainable next time and hopefully for all of us when that happens, the facts will be more on your side than they are now
I hope you don't take this post on the wrong side!

p.s. sorry to be a bit mean, guys, but 100+ flags?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Looks a lot like the TR3B, a military type craft that goes to the moon, for alternative 3 type missions.

Nice picture and thanks for posting it along with your experience. Its been a while since we came up with good photos and that is not because ufos do not exist, rather because more often than not they cloak and create graininess/pixelation.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
its swamp gas reflecting light from venus move along people...in the op's photo you can make out the edges of whatever it is honestly these objects being photographed\recorded time and time again its either.
A:Real or B: CGI i lean towards possibility A

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thestillborn1

Originally posted by blackcat99
How about the military are capable of shielding the ship using the supposedly yet to develop technology which makes things appear invisible??

Bingo! Appear is the keyword folks, but I doubt (without all the photoshop gurus over analizing) it will appear as anything more than what we have.

The military does have the capability to project an image, to mask a craft.........that's all I can say!

Absolutely. It's so important for us all to remember this.
The capabilities are "out of this world".

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nice photo. Im sorry I missed it. I'll be out tonight though, just in case it does pull a Phoenix and repeats the show.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I saw something like this a month ago in Sydney and took a video of it.
www.youtube.com...
Turns out they were planets, which only align like that every 50 - 100 years.

The photo from the OP looks the same as the video to me.
edit on 6-6-2011 by samwiseold because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Oh....and to the chinese lanterns....those would have to be some BIIIIIIIGGGGG lanterns, dontcha think???

Actually no, it depends on the distance between the observer and the light sources, which in this case, we don't know. Also, I have had cases of seeing lanterns in the distance and they appeared quite bright/large, but I'm 100% positive they were lanterns due to their behaviour, so I have to disagree on that point

edit on 6-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

link   
There really does seem to be clear air between the lights, it's not quite dark and the fence and/or cables all conform to the dark blue background and are easy to see. The lights themselves appear as Chinese lanterns would. The only other thing is what appears to be a left-over contrail, which could be construed as behind the lights, but that would depend on the direction of travel of the lights? Were there any aircraft in the vicinity, or any before or after.
edit on 6-6-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

this sounds like a sighting I seen in Avebury, England in 2007 where the lights started in a triangle and were moving slowly and rotating then some of the lights moved away from the triangle formation and zoomed off and other lights went on and off and then there were more zooming lights, forming and reforming, extremely fast, faster than any human engineered craft could and in ways no human pilot could exist within.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by samwiseold
I saw something like this a month ago in Sydney and took a video of it.
www.youtube.com...
Turns out they were planets, which only align like that every 50 - 100 years.
Here is a link to the thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

The photo from the OP looks the same as the video to me.

Wow, this is really interesting. I had no idea they aligned like this.
Fascinating.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
MOD NOTE: PLEASE READ!!

Since this is a very popular thread, everyone needs to be reminded of some rules.

1. No "I agree" "cool!" "awesome" "star and flag!" one word/line posts. They will be removed/actioned.
One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

2. Manners, civility and decorum are expected and enforced. Always. Anything other than this, it will be removed/actioned.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics

3. Keep to the topic which is: UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST Anything other than this, it will be removed/actioned.
Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Carry on.....
edit on June 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join