It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You people are aware we have a mobile-airborne aircraft carrier that looks similar to that

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I've seen Chinese Lanterns launched, and unless they are attached to one another, even then, I highly doubt that this is Chinese Lanterns. The only explanation I can come up with is that it's Military.

Would like to see some Chinese Lanterns that perform this type of triangle, and also there is videos out all over the web of the same exact looking thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)
edit on June 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My friend, this thread alone has made me create an account, and ive been reading these forums since 06...I live in Cookeville, TN. Roughly 80 miles east of Nasvegas ( as we call it ), I was rushing my mother to St. Thomas hospital this weekend and saw this craft over Nashville! My mother was too out of it and my uncle was beside me worrying about her, so I didn't mention it, but every time I stopped at a red light I would watch this thing and I was wondering if anyone else could see it! Awesome to discover a post about it this morning on my favorite forums. Also, I was there, not a plane..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Yep.

I'll reassess when I see the video.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Star for your picture, but did you really say you couldn't see the triangular pattern? Not trying to come off as a douche or attack you or anything of that nature, but my 5 year old nephew could see that this is in trianglular form. Even if there was nothing between the lights, its still a triangular form of "lights".

edit on 6-6-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
All should check expired NOTAMS on FAA website. NOTAMs usually explain alot of these things and predict when they will happen.. Military activity was conducted over the 310 radial of BNA VORTAC last night from 0200Z-0300Z (9pm-10pm). Most likely a flare drop. Looks like a triangle but probably just a heavy flare at lower altitude. Runway 2L,2C,2R were in use to divert traffic to the south for approach even though wind was @ 240 (better to use rwy 20 for less crosswind component) . Depth perception in night sky is very tough with bright objects. Flares slowly burn out and would explain the perception of altitude gain (getting smaller looks like its going higher) and "fade-out"

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Oh.. and don't get me wrong, There are definitely some unexplainable ones out there but unfortunately this one has some backing.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

I meant triangular shape (contrast and luminosity in another level from the inside between the lights), my bad English, sry...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here's a slightly clearer enhancement, definitely showing a lack of anything solid between the lights. Not sure why kind of tech this would be.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
flares or Chinese lanterns would not be able to maintain a perfect triangular formation

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

They do in a single photo.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hey-

I opened up the photo in Photoshop and played around with Brightness/Contrast, and I also inverted the colors. I did not see anything to indicate it was a solid object; ended up looking more like three points of light.

Very interesting story, and sounds very much like the infamous sighting in Belgium. Thank you for sharing!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

yes but the op says it maintained its position...he really needs to upload his video to prove it

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Garmon

Awesome! Another local who witnessed the "craft" - You saw the same thing - Verbatim?

link   
I hope to see that video soon!

For some of you in your rabid haste to be the first to "debunk" yet another sighting:

A plane? You need to see more pictures of planes with lights, if you really think this is a standard plane.

Comment about 3 objects having to form a triangle or a line: Sure, but unless you are purposely being dense, obviously an object that is an equilateral or isosceles triangle has more merit than a scalene. Yes? The odds that 3 lanterns hold a perfect distance to form the prior two triangle types for more than a moment or two.. are pretty low.

Also, there is the eyewitness testimony, which people for some reason utterly disregard. Why do you assume the person is automatically lying? If it hovered, turned and flew off, this eliminates it being a plane of probably any type. And lanterns, if the lights rotated in a way that would indicate an aircraft (OP - did they? When it turned.. did say, two of the lights rotate around, as if it were a solid, turning object, and maintain a set equal distance?)

Finally, I get weary of the "black project" excuse. The military tests aircraft in places like Groom Lake, or in the California desert. You know.. away from the public, for reasons of safety, as well as the rather obvious reason that they want to keep secret military aircraft you know.. like.. secret! The idea that the military routinely tests out their cutting edge technology over cities is laughable.

link   
reply to post by BNAFlyer

Its already been tested plenty of times that flares don't behave like this. The wind would blow the flares, and I'm sure you could see the flares burning just a bit (which the camera would have easily captured) as they fell toward the land. Also, I don't think flares can be released and stay in such a uniform formation.

But I'm no expert, so I don't know if their flares for sure, or chinese laterns or military aircraft.

First things first though, no matter how good something looks, you have to not let your love for this type of thing blind you from the truth. (Talking about myself now) Lets see if this image is real first. Is it edited? Lets get an image expert on this ASAP.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Well in that case I agree with you. I can't see a triangular form in between the lights either. I'm the one who can speak english here I should've caught that.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

It took forever to upload from my phone.

By the time I got the video working - the rear lights had dimmed.
edit on 6-6-2011 by tacjtg because: More info

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
The idea that the military routinely tests out their cutting edge technology over cities is laughable.

What if they need to test out cloaking technology? (That was a joke) I agree with this statement though, which is why the phoenix lights never got debunked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join