It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is EXACTLY what I saw in Northeast WI about 6 years ago! Although I've seen plenty of UFO pics similar, this is the first time I've seen a picture of what I saw. I saw it and immediately got the chills.

Thank you!

EDIT: After watching the video, I realized the lights changed formation. The lights I saw stayed in the same position for 90 seconds before getting very bright and then fading quickly. Though, there's a huge difference between 90 seconds and a 10 minute clip.
edit on 6-6-2011 by mahoosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It appears to be a classic triangular stealth military type craft. They really muddy up the waters.

edit on 6-6-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's a plane.

Those are light beacons on each tip of the aircraft.

Nothing more, nothing less.

That is not a plane! I see planes all the time in the sky where I live, 4 airports surround me and I have never ever seen a plane like that.

OP awesome pic!! I have never seen a triangular craft, those are my favorite too! Not sure who pilots them but I am more on the lines of it is our own craft.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ya know, I have lived here my entire life and have never seen a UFO, although my cousin saw one when she was younger right down the street from our house and the way she describes it, sounds like the look of the photo. I am in Mt. Juliet so I too will keep my eye on the sky tonight. Great picture, by the way! Does not look like the normal planes we are accustomed to seeing around here.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that. Unfortunately, on its own, the picture seems to be inconclusive. Chinese lanterns could certainly explain what is in the photo and the eventual vanishing of the lights.

What they couldn't explain very well is a dark form between the lights. Unfortunately, there appears to be no sign of that in the photo. And unfortunately the brain is pretty adept at filling in details that aren't actually there.

Without additional evidence, I think this one is going to remain inconclusive with a tentative explanation of chinese lanterns. Shame you do not have contact with some of the other people who saw it. Maybe one of them got a more conclusive photo.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

I just sent a link to this thread to a few UFO sites I belong too

They will love this pic!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

It may have appeared massive if it were one singular craft however it seems like it may have been three seperate objects in a triangular formation -

I will show you why i came to this conclusion although i am not an image analysis expert and i admit i may be wrong but i will share anyways;

Original Still Image

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f249aa9a800.jpg[/atsimg]

Picasa Enhanced Image

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79c71bce0d87.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9917df5a33f.jpg[/atsimg]

If it were one single craft wouldnt the background light (between the three lights) be different to the surrounding enviroment?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to post a picture or video of Chinese lanterns forming an equilateral triangle and keeping that formation for more than a second. Looks eerily similar to the video roughycannon posted.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here's a first enhancement of the original photo playing with lightning curves, filters and noise reducing tools, trying to make appears the UFO like if it was in daylight:

I wasn't able to discern any triangular shape (with different contrast and/or luminosity than inside the three lights), meaning that either there's none or the UFO must have been at a high altitude for its pattern to be diluted in ambient haze (and then have a bigger size...)

More to come.

BTW, could it be possible for you to provide me with an other original photography from the same camera,?
No matter what the subject is, this is for some noise reducing tries.

Thanks!

edit on 6-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thanks for posting your cool pic OP. Star and Flag. What we have here is a true "U.F.O" as it could be just about anything. Military, Hoax, Lanterns, Alien, roll the dice and see what you get, all are valid.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

Never thought Nashville would be the scene for this. I live in E. Nashville. If you're around the area, email me!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

But if Chinese lanterns were being launched, it would certainly be announced. I would have heard about this or someone else I work with would have known about it. As of right now - I know of no lantern release that happened last night.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's a plane.

Those are light beacons on each tip of the aircraft.

Nothing more, nothing less.

HAHAHAHAHAAA, you ARE FUNNY!!!! beacons from the tip of an aircraft, really??? What kind of aircraft is it then mr. hillynilly???

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

This is the original from my phone:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

There did appear to be a faint form between the lights, but it soon faded. Perhaps my eyes were adjusting. But I agree that it could have simply been a "flight formation" of some sort.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tacjtg
reply to post by ch1n1t0

But if Chinese lanterns were being launched, it would certainly be announced. I would have heard about this or someone else I work with would have known about it. As of right now - I know of no lantern release that happened last night.

I have to agree with one of the posters above. Chinese lanterns do not hold the same formation for more than a couple seconds at most. They rise and fall and get blown around by the wind. The formations of these types of craft are too uniform.

This is a very cool pic, OP. I look forward to seeing your video when you get a chance to upload. Did it turn out like Roughy's above?

S&F! Good work. I especially like hearing the back story and enthusiasm shared by the other viewers.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I just sent a link to this thread to a few UFO sites I belong too

Star for your effort...and I tend to agree with you. I would think these might belong to our government/military.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just an odd thought. If the lights on the bottom looking up are turning clockwise....

The device is turning counter clockwise?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ahhh...Finally we have a good thread about UFO. Nice catch OP.
Many triangular UFO have been reported around the world. Can it be TR3B ?
I hope we will have more views like this.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join