It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Gemini seems to be ignoring the fact that there WAS not a body, hull, chassis, or connection between these three lights. I saw this from 3 blocks away from where the OP took the pic. the 3 lights moved independently, they were in a formation, but they didn't stay exactly in formation.

after seeing fillm with the 3 guys releasing the lanterns, I think that's what it was. I also looked at military flares on youtube, and that's a possibility too. As much as I would like to believe I saw something special, and as much as I hate to say this, it was most likely sky lanterns released from someone down in the park or on the golf course (which is directly underneath where the lights were hovering)

I plan on buying some sky lanterns myself and trying it. any idea where I can get them in nashville?
edit on 7-6-2011 by joeybaggadonuts because: clarity

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The problem with this topic is that we dont have some good video evidence to back up the sighting. If we did then we could possibly go much futher in trying to make out what this actually was.

All we see is a single light for a few seconds.The problem being is that firstly its not even a triangle and secondly its not long enough to tell how fast it moved, if it rotated etc etc...

Im not trying to dis-credit the op in any way either, he doesnt sound like the hoaxy type.. but we have nothing to go on other than a picture and a witness statment.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
If it really were flares, don't you think they' d left some smoke, like these here????

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Instead of lanterns, what about plasma balls? I just have a really hard time believing that these are Chinese lanterns.......Maybe it could be that I sooo want to believe that it is something else, military or other. Either way, it is *unidentified* until proven a hoax correct?

Interesting article regarding plasma patent request: www.popularmechanics.com...

article on plasma lasers and balls with the military: www.wired.com...

edit on 7-6-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.
edit on June 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So how many people from TN have seen this??

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeybaggadonuts
reply to post by NumberEight

Did you see the original still picture? YES it WAS a triangle. most likely a triangle of lanterns. so to say "it wasn't even a triangle" I don't understand that. I saw it. It WAS moving. but steadily to the north (generally)

I know my word means nothing but we DO have photographic evidence that is was a triangle. geez. sometimes I wonder if people read the thread before posting.

and to anybody who says the pic is doctored: IT IS NOT! I saw it. so check out photoshop or whatever you do, if you know what you're talking about, you'll find it's a real photo. if you still claim it to be a fake, then you are either wrong or just being a douche

I think you need to calm down a little and read my repsonce properly, not go off on one writing in capitals

Of course i saw the picture, I read the whole thread. The video was footage was not of a triangle, i said nothing about the picture not being one.

My gripe is that we cant really get any closer to what it is with just the picture. It would of been a great bonus if we could see how it moved on video as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
What an awesome thread !!

I am still thinking that it could be secret military tech but...

Originally posted by Phage
Sky lantern triangle

Phage, this is also a very serious possibility !! Only little problem I have with it is tacjtg's testimony:

It gained altitude while rotating clockwise and the "faded out" while heading NW.

while rotating clockwise... Is it possible that three lanterns would move as such?

I don't know.

Did people notice the video editing(discontinuity) at the 46-47 second interval? Why this?

How do they arrange these so called sky lanterns to make a near perfect triangle?

How can one account for "rotating clockwise and fading out" ?

Are these sky lanterns connected together by rope or metal framings?

Lastly what can be achieved by hoaxing a ufo event with sky lanterns? Desperate people seeking attention or more likely a few paid disinfo agents trying to poison the well? Since 80%-90% may indeed be hoaxes that makes people who believe in the TR3B delusional? I am pretty sure that the TR3B is real and is also called *the aurora* high altitude craft(not sure if its a spacecraft but some people claim so).

BORING

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by SonoftheSun

That's where eyewitness perceptions start to be a problem. True motion of a light in the sky cannot be discerned.
A slight change in relative position (horizontal and/or vertical) of a single element can be perceived/remembered as rotation of the whole.

edit on 6/6/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Yeah, ok man. Whatever GOD phage says is always true.

How many speed records have you broke? How many faa certificates do you have?

Have you EVER bothered to look/read john lear's credentials as of late? Hint: He claims the secret government is using TR3B for alternative 3 missions to the moon and mars from antartica, diego garcia and reunion island in the southern atlantic. He could be wrong about this, but evidence does exist to hint that this craft is real and classified very highely.

That must be why some people are trying so hard to discredit triangle ufos, not to mention other types!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
USAF Top Secret TR-3B Aurora Project

BBC interview of Edgar Fouche

Many more videos exist but this one is most compelling imo...........

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Please read your private messages HERE

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by joeybaggadonuts

Possible that the 3 were connected together albeit flimsily, maybe using semi rigid wire or balsa wood? It would keep them in a generally triangular pattern yet making it very hard to see the apparatus holding them together. If they went out while observing them they should have fallen out of the sky somewhere fairly close to the observer. Why doesn't anyone ever try to chase these things down explicitly to see if they are lanterns or not. I would have tried my damnedest to stay underneath these things... would suck if 4-5 blocks up the road there was some evidence laying in the road or a yard any no one went to collect it...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeybaggadonuts
Gemini seems to be ignoring the fact that there WAS not a body, hull, chassis, or connection between these three lights. I saw this from 3 blocks away from where the OP took the pic. the 3 lights moved independently, they were in a formation, but they didn't stay exactly in formation.

after seeing fillm with the 3 guys releasing the lanterns, I think that's what it was. I also looked at military flares on youtube, and that's a possibility too. As much as I would like to believe I saw something special, and as much as I hate to say this, it was most likely sky lanterns released from someone down in the park or on the golf course (which is directly underneath where the lights were hovering)

I plan on buying some sky lanterns myself and trying it. any idea where I can get them in nashville?
edit on 7-6-2011 by joeybaggadonuts because: clarity

The triangle spaceship can cloak everything but its engines.
In the realm of flight, it is in possible to cover or cloak any engine due to the exiting of energy to make it fly, like I said, they can cloak everything but there engines, its impossible to cover any engine on any craft, even if you do have alien technology. It just cannot happen; energy cannot be cloaked on a craft, which is why they are three engines and not three lights. If they were normal lights then you would never see a triangle spaceship in the earth’s atmosphere ever.
edit on 7-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

You can fit 9 of these tr-3b crafts inside a real triangle spaceship,they are to small to even be nearly the size of a triangle ...real spaceship.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

You can fit 9 of these tr-3b crafts inside a real triangle spaceship,they are to small to even be nearly the size of a triangle ...real spaceship.

Really? 9? How do you know this? Have you been inside one? have you inspected one? Have you ever worked on one or both of these aircraft? Have you been inside both or one of these aircraft?

Really getting tired of people claiming things when they have no idea

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Great post!! Not sure why everyone wants photos of these incidents, but then says "oh that photo can't be real!!" Come on guys, we are all supposed to be truth finders, not small minded debunkers!!!
Also, I have read heaps about these triangle UFO sightings over the years. There must be some sort of explanation some where..... Haven't really seen any compelling evidence as to what they actually are or could be?? So the term UFO still stands today I guess...

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

I live just north of Memphis near the navy base, and I check the skies nightly because I have seen things I have no explanation for in other parts of the country at other times in my life that I can only state were UFO's, hence I believe we are not alone in the universe. I haven't seen anything I would state is a UFO since I moved to Memphis, but I did see an extremely fast moving single light about 5 nights ago that I am stumped to explain.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
S&F Wow. This thread is something! This is my first post in a thread other than the introduction one I made =P

Looking at all that has been said, the videos shown, the pictures posted, there is only so many things that it could, and couldn't be. BUT, it's hard to get evidence of what it actually was.

I'm not expecting that someday, a person will have their picture taken next to one of these...whatever they are, but the picture the OP posted is pretty awesome. The description of the scene says a lot as well. Hopefully the OP will get a chance to see this U.F.O again and snap other pictures.

My conclusion, without knowing what is really is afterall, is that it couldn't really be anything else than some sort of ship. But it's not a plane, it's not a bird, and from the videos posted it didn't seem to act like a sky lantern...

Like I said at first, it could only be so many things.

edit on 7-6-2011 by spaceshrimp because: wanted to make sure my first official reply would look good =)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceshrimp

Just like spaceshrimp, this is my first post as well! Hello fellow ATS peeps.

I am NOT a skeptic and I mean no disrespect to the OP, but....I have to go with the sky lanterns on this one as well. Especially after seeing the video and reading everyones posts to this page (yes, I read them all). OP acknowledged that we only saw one light in the video b/c by time he got the video on the HTC working two of the three lights had gone out already.

Is it normal that the UFO would eliminate or turn off two of it's three lights as OP remarked on his YT video?
Secondly, I examined both the static picture and the YT video and it doesn't even look like the same vantage point. The telephone/electric pole looks different, no? And at the very end of the video (about 34 seconds in, you can see a small crescent moon at the right of the frame, which isn't even in the picture.

I do believe, trust me, I've had my share of experiences, but I feel like something is off with this. Again, no disrespect to OP, so please don't bite my head off, remember, I'm a newbie just trying to be enlightened : )

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join