It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Very nice photo. Thank you for posting.

Phoenix Lights, anyone?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'd like to drop my 2 cents on something that's been gnawing at my mind since I've been reading this post.

Just because a triangle of lights CAN be made with "chinese lanterns" does NOT mean that all lights in a triangle configuration ARE "chinese lanterns". So, unless you can prove they are lanterns then I'm going to stick with the literal meaning of UFO. Especially the part that says "UNIDENTIFIED".

Too many people in this world want to be the great debunker and therefore give validity to their internet ego instead of just working together with others to get the actual answers. Unless either party has 100% proof that's it's an alien spacecraft or some lantern prank, then it's all conjecture from both sides and doesn't make either party more "superior" than the other.

I have my thoughts on what it is, but will keep them to myself for the moment until I see that every small statement made isn't attacked ruthlessly.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Eshel

It's not all conjecture. Critical thought enters the process.

It's a matter of considering possibilities and eliminating possibilities. Some possibilities fit the evidence better than others.

The OP presented his experience, photograph and video. He didn't make any claims about it. However in presenting it in this forum he implicitly is asking for opinions about what it is he may have witnessed. Otherwise, what's the point? He doesn't know. Nobody knows. Ok. Great. Let's go look at something else now.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Great catch OP! I too seen the same thing but in the mid 1990's in Illinois. I would think it to be lanterns but if you and the other fella are correct and it was stationary for such a duration. Then it is probably not lanterns however i do think this is en exotic black program or a product of the astra program. We know those trillions going in the black programs are not spent on just screw drivers and hammers. TR3B? Those have been around since at least 88. Why they are displaying these craft "military" over a civilian area is beyond me. That is of course if it is ours. Seems it has some cloaking used if it is a craft. It is said this technology has been implimented in to these programs. But the thing is why cloak yet leave the lights on?

Why turn off each light one by one instead of one button?

Anyway don't bother with MUFON they are worthless these days, try NUFORC

Not a plane

edit on 7-6-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thanks OP for this awesome share!

Is there any military base near you?

And wouldnÄt it be possible to conact any (comercial) airport to see if they have any radar records/ radiocommunication records from the night in question?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

if you can,t get a clear identify picture then it not what you hope it is

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch
flares or Chinese lanterns would not be able to maintain a perfect triangular formation

I don't know about Chinese lanterns but flares can certainly maintain a perfect formation. They fall extremely slow therefore they appear to be immobile when seen from a distance.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

The rear lights faded before the front one.

Ok, now I'm convinced they were flares.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Why would UFOs need/use external lights?

It contradicts logic for UFOs to have/use external lights. If they don't just plop right down on the white house lawn and announce themselves then their mission must be to clandestinely observe, without detection! So why would they have their lights on?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Why would UFOs need/use external lights?

It contradicts logic for UFOs to have/use external lights. If they don't just plop right down on the white house lawn and announce themselves then their mission must be to clandestinely observe, without detection! So why would they have their lights on?

Maybe they couldn't give a ****SNIP****?

Maybe they aren't lights?

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on June 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's a matter of considering possibilities and eliminating possibilities. Some possibilities fit the evidence better than others.

Honestly, I think its less likely than some here seem to want to claim it is that three chinese lantern lights would be in a perfect triangular formation, and remain that way the whole time they moved through the sky. Honestly, although I have not experimented to find out, I find it highly unlikely you would get a perfect triangle for more than minutes at a time.

So yeah, while the liklihood that it is an alien craft is rather low, I also think most "chinese lantern" proponents are vastly inflating the liklihood that lanterns would form and stay in while moving a perfect equilateral triangle. A line and an equilateral triangle are NOT to only possible forms a string of three lights could take, there are many "degrees" that angle could form.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doron

The rear lights faded before the front one.

Ok, now I'm convinced they were flares.

What's the use of dropping flares (in (almost) perfect) triangular formation anyway??

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i did some editing with digital photo professional, and it seems that around each side of the lights there are 4 triangle type shapes that appear darker. they look almost like fins on a jet planes afterburners that open and close to regulate and control the engine flame output.
also the photo properties says the photo was taken at 8.37pm, not 9.44pm, not sure if thats right.

weird stuff.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Doron

Fall at the same rate of speed as anything else.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have some interesting info. Day after this light appear in Nashville people from small city in Poland called Nowogard spotted the lights flying over city. Local airport and police station was alarmed by people who call them. This object was described like three glowing in red flying plates. One of them was later seen in local major city Szczecin.

Here is article from local service unfortunately in polish.
[url=http://www.gs24.pl/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110606/REGION/296236391]http://www.gs24.pl/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110606/REGION/296236391[/ url]

My sister send me a link today because she saw exactly in the same city few months ago three red lights which shines in very strong way. They stay in place in triangular shape and rather didn't move because there was high chimney nearby and the distance didn't change during the observation. I send her link to this lights in Nashville and she told me that it look similar however she couldn't figure from that photo if that lights in Nashville was also so intense.

There is few military bases in nearby. During cold war Russians keep there nukes but now Polish Army operate there and some NATO forces also.
edit on 7-6-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Extraordinary claim requires extraordinary proof. That said I was wondering if UFO
Have ability to controll time therefor eliminate any evidence if it was
Ever discovered. I just get the feeling that they can controll our enviroment
Just like I controll my fishtank. Any thoughts OP

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Eshel said before that it doesn't mean they're chinese lanterns. This kind of made me think, wouldn't it be logical for the government to make an aircraft that's explainable by people down here, such as the chinese lanterns?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
with the superb advancement of the computers anything can be debunked as saying its CGI. Its really unfair to legit pictures and video footage. This picture is for sure somthing that we are not aware of.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
OK guys why would there be flares dropping over Nashville??? The two closest military bases in the area is Ft. Campbell to the north and Arnold AFB which is a research base that mainly does work with satellites in fact when i was there on a school function years ago i dont believe Arnold even has a runway. Chineses laterns? flares? WTF? you might as well said it was light from venus reflecting off swamp gas mixed with ice crystals being ionized by particles in the upper atmosphere. UFO yes alien no, in all likeliness it was a top secret military aircraft on its way back to base or something similar. Keep your eyes on the skies and someone might see it again.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join