It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes.. that was my point.

It shouldn't be a perfect triangle. But if it maintained that shape as it turned.. I'm very interested in the video.

OP.. you said this was going to be on your facebook page. Is there a link to it yet? : )

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Garmon

Great we got corroboration on the sighting.

Wonder how often THAT has happened on here !

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast
i don't know what it is but it's definitely not a craft(i wish it were)
i dl'd your photo and adjusted levels and hit it with a high pass filter.
they are three independent lights. nothing solid between them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51786b963cd7.jpg[/atsimg]

Well if there is no color differentiation(black on black), except for the three spotlights, how would you expect to see "something solid between them? You sound like a snake-oil salesman trying a confidence trick on the poor masses.

Can you at least make it funny next time?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's a plane.

Those are light beacons on each tip of the aircraft.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Lol come on dude! You are the type of person that proves my point about de-bunkers and their beliefs.

As for the photo. To me, it seems pretty clear that this is not a solid object. Its hard to tell what it could be with that photo, but the video uploaded does make it seem like Chinese lanterns. We get them alot where i live, and the one in the video seems to fade out, just like lanterns do. But going by what the witnesess said about the object, and how it stayed in that formation, makes me think it was not lanterns. I don't know

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I would expect to see a scalene triangle shape under those conditions and not the equilateral triangle we see

Well, sure but this is not really an equilateral triangle:

In red, "real" pixel measurements size, in blue measurements for an equilateral triangle taking for basis the longest straight.

What software did you use?

How do you know the program is functioning properly? How do I know you picked the correct starting points?

How do I know that you have honest intentions if your willing to make a big deal of "its a few degrees off" to make a case for "chineese lanterns" Lol, the ONLY chineese lanterns I am familiar with are the ones at my favorite chineese restaurent...with cantoneese duck, wonton soup and stir fried chicken.

No worries friend. Its all good!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Very good picture.

Lets be honest with ourselves, we can speculate/guess all we want, we will never know what it is at this moment in time.

But its definitely not a commercial or known aircraft.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
Good photos here and actually very good responses up to this point. I am a pilot, and this is not a normal plane. It is because folks like this poster, I will never bother talking about my experiences here, but I applaud your efforts, again nice post.

I hope you reconsider. Many of us would love to hear of your experiences as a pilot. And many of us put about as much stock into people like hillynilly as we do the folks claiming to be jesus.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I hope to see that video soon!

For some of you in your rabid haste to be the first to "debunk" yet another sighting:

A plane? You need to see more pictures of planes with lights, if you really think this is a standard plane.

Comment about 3 objects having to form a triangle or a line: Sure, but unless you are purposely being dense, obviously an object that is an equilateral or isosceles triangle has more merit than a scalene. Yes? The odds that 3 lanterns hold a perfect distance to form the prior two triangle types for more than a moment or two.. are pretty low.

Also, there is the eyewitness testimony, which people for some reason utterly disregard. Why do you assume the person is automatically lying? If it hovered, turned and flew off, this eliminates it being a plane of probably any type. And lanterns, if the lights rotated in a way that would indicate an aircraft (OP - did they? When it turned.. did say, two of the lights rotate around, as if it were a solid, turning object, and maintain a set equal distance?)

Finally, I get weary of the "black project" excuse. The military tests aircraft in places like Groom Lake, or in the California desert. You know.. away from the public, for reasons of safety, as well as the rather obvious reason that they want to keep secret military aircraft you know.. like.. secret! The idea that the military routinely tests out their cutting edge technology over cities is laughable.

Excellent and well thought out and worded post.You have raised some very important points and one of them that gets me more suspicious of those that are just too keen and eager to cry either hoax/plane/lantern ect is the apparent exclusion or ignoring of witnesses,quite rightly you asked WHY,what is the motives of those that ignore witnesses to cases like this.If this was the attitude in court cases or the norm then witness testimony's would become redundant and the jurisdictional function of law would become a farce;

You also make a very valid point on the meaning of secrecy, the military would NOT display secret technology in populated civilian areas ,this excuse is waring thin i feel and is up their with the new swamp gas alternative, Chinese lanterns.That the USA military have perfectly remote and isolated test areas is not rocket science.It seems that the points made in your post and mine are more valid than the points against them; The idea put forward regularly just now that the military routinely tests out their cutting edge technology over cities is laughable in the sense that what government would treat its population as dumb as not to notice or even question this SECRET technology, does not add up;
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't mean to jump on the band wagon, but I sure can't see anything special about this. The picture in itself is nice, but there's nothing to convince me that it's something extraordinary. Along with the video capture showing only one of the lights, it leads me to conclude that it shows three chinese lanterns tied together, where two of them has burned out.

The wind speeds are low, and the object moves accordingly. It flickers and has the same light characteristics as an ordinary chinese lantern. There are posts with videos showing that this is an easy and neat trick the guy next door could easily put together.

Thanks for sharing, but I don't see what the fuzz is about.

Edit:

The fact that it can easily be explained away in terms of the mundane, one is choosing to _believe_ that this is an alien/black project vehicle. I for one gladly awaits the video when a huge triangle flies off and does some interesting maneuvers. The video, picture or the eyewitness reports doesn't mention anything like this.
edit on 6/6/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Great picture!

Judging from your account and from what I can see,

It looks to me like Chinese lanterns.....(don't hate me ) :-)

Clearly Its not a plane as someone else suggested.

I know what lanterns look like and they look like that.

Also you say you could see a faint body connecting them.. this is not unusual for the eye to fill in
a darker shade when confronted with a number of close lights against a dark background..its your brain trying to fill in the space.

it happens also in reverse on bright computer screens black dots on a white background, you will see a Grey area in between them.

What are your thoughts on what it could be? as you have seen them in the flesh.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Let me ask you something. Did the object ever move? If so how would you explain it.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ObvTruth

Yes. It ascended slowly, while rotating clockwise, then hovered. Two lights faded out, and the remaining light moved only slightly, as the video shows. Then it too faded out.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I saw this last night as well. I live about 3 blocks from where the OP too the picture. I don't know what it is, but I do know this picture is not a fake. My roommate was out back smoking and he called me to "come here and look at this" in a serious voice I've never heard him seak in before. I went out and saw this triangle, looked for about a minute until it dissappeared, went inside perplexed, then went out front, and there it was again! it appeared to be moving north. Each ball varied in glow a little and it didn't appear to have any chassis or ship body in between the lights. the lights resembled fire glow, I think when it dissappeared it was going behind a cloud, as when I was in the front I could only see 2 of the lights most of the time. They DID seem to move independantly from my view, and while they kept a triangular pattern, it was not exact and did not stay the same as it moved through the sky. I hate to say it, but the best explanation I've seen here (especially after seeing the vid of 3 guys releasing lanterns) is the chinese lantern theory. maybe a military craft, but I don't think it's aliens. This is not scientific, but it appeared too clumsy or slow to be E.T. but that's 34 years of movies talking. who the hell knows what an E.T. is really supposed to look like? Pretty weird stuff, Did you hear anything about lanterns being released locally? aybe from Shelby bottoms or the golf course? someone here mentioned there was reported military activity during those hours too. all I know is that what I saw was NOT an airplane

Edit: the only difference I see between yours and my experiences is I didn't see it rotate. I'll ask my roommate if he saw this, as he saw it for longer

edit on 6-6-2011 by joeybaggadonuts because: disclosure, clarification

edit on 6-6-2011 by joeybaggadonuts because: Also, the only difference I can see between your experience and mine was I didn't see it rotate. I'll ask my roommate as he saw it first

edit on 6-6-2011 by joeybaggadonuts because: I am new here and didn't get how to edit. now I see.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

YESSSSSSS !
Finally a poster on the ats that has seen a real triangle alien spaceship besides me.

As the 2 back lights came out the clouds forming the formation onto the first light over the football field in length in yards 130 to a 160 yards ,take a 20 yards imperfection in me calculating of how it hovered /flew directly over the schools football field. As the silence was that of nothing even imagined.

Text“They have the CAPABILITY to cloak every thing but there [3 SEPARATE ENGINE].

TextRule #4 and this is important.. DON’T LET NO BODY TELL U THAT SOMETHING THAT BIG CAN FLY SO LOW AND SO SLOW WITH OUT FALLING AND CRASHING out the bloody sky.

TextI watched this triangle as I walked down the street in some form of jogging under it for 5 blocks as I got tired.

Text3rd secret. The great pyramid of Giza is the exact same length and width as the triangle space ship.

Dear OP,I swore to never come back to this ufo side unless it was good conclusive eveidence,So i stayed away hoping that one day atleast a ats poster would post some conclusive evidence to present.

Conclusive eveidence#1 You measured the craft just like i did...to a 'football field'.

Concusive eveidence #2,lol,you ran under it just like i did for 5 blocks...amazing !

Conclusive eveidence #3,The rear lights faded before the front one. Just like the triangle i saw.

By the way,we dont call them lights,they are 3 big engines that enables the craft to fly.

it didn’t really amaze me about the length it was the width and the underneath part that really was a shocker to me.

I honestly wish you could have seen the underneath part of the ship, I have saved what is underneath the triangle and I have never shared it with a soul, I save things like that just to see if some one is lying.

I must say welcome to seeing a real triangle alien spaceship.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

like i always tell debunkers,show me a man made craft thats bigger then a football field and prove me wrong then.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrentReznor

Honestly, I have no clue. The lantern videos do look similar, but this seemed to have form/structure, even if not visible. I have not been able to find ANY info about lanterns being released last night. Can anyone else?!?

Nonetheless, all of the people at the stop-sign were outside of their cars watching it, not just my wife and I. It was something to behold.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
These are either:

1) Chinese lanterns
2) Alien spacecraft
3) Some neon show
4) Secret military vehicle

1) If Chinese lanterns, why do they stay in position?
2) I won't even start.
3) What neon show? Why?
4) If this is a secret military plane test, sure ain't too secret.

So what can it be? The pic could be photoshopped but the 10min video is as real as it gets.

It's frustrating with all these videos there's always SUPPOSED to be a craft between the lights, but it's absolutely dark so it can't be seen...
edit on 6-6-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's a plane.

Those are light beacons on each tip of the aircraft.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Please do not feed the troll!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

So they did not seem to deviate from one another slightly?

Thats kind of strange for lanterns even if they were tied together.

note, you wont hear news of lanterns being released , you can buy them at a lot of shops.
not just for big celebrations. people set them off for fun, there really cheap to buy.

but after all is said and done it also looks like the famed "triangle" craft so who knows!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
@acjtg, you were right to bring you observation here. Plenty of possible sources for the lights from the mundane to the extreme. Not sure why people jump on of a bandwagon of calling people "disinfo" agents. I guess it is easier to claim something is paranormal then try and speculate/reason what other more likely scenarios.

I doubt much of any definitive answers will come out of all our rants, but it certainly was a awesome experience to share with the community here! Great first thread to start off on.
edit on 6-6-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join