It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Interesting picture, would be all the better if other ones turn from the people you says were also watching the objects.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by essanance

That is a spooky thought! When did you see them? I had just made a comment to someone about the New Madrid, then not 5 minutes later, I read your post. To be perfectly honest, I would not be surprised. I wonder if there is any seismic/TEC data that could support this. Perhaps I will create a new thread to disperse information about the possibility of an impending event on the New Madrid Fault Line.

Back to the photo and video evidence:

+I know it was not a plane.

+I am not positive if it was a solid "craft" or three independent "craft" in a triangular formation.

+I do not think it was lanterns, but anything is possible and those other videos are certainly convincing.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
C'mon guys!

These have been flying around for years now - saw them from early '91 onwards in the first gulf and they were regular visitors in Scotland for a while.

And there's nothing out of this world about them (propulsion method is cool though)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeannyska1
reply to post by tacjtg

and anyones whos asking questions hes obviously not going to tell the truth
but just look up night skydiving triangle and youll know what im talking about its a formation they use so they can jump together with flares without lighting eachothers parachutes up in flames

i can also see how it 'could' be this to, however i thought it was pretty certain these were lanterns going by other posters thoughts. i think the fact that nobody can agree on what natural phenomenon these lights are, should tell us all something. we do not know.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is probably the best picture I've seen thus far illustrating something unknown. Regardless of what you think it is or might be, question is why is it there at that time, and place? Good photo

Chinese Lanterns
edit on 6-6-2011 by KonquestAbySS because: Added a source

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's a plane.

Those are light beacons on each tip of the aircraft.

Nothing more, nothing less.

HAHAHAHA Wow it just never fails. It never ever fails. There is always at least one in every thread.

Sorry, but that is not a picture of a plane as I know them.

For the OP.. very nice picture. Certainly very interesting

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I bet if you were to tie 3 Chinese lanterns together then let them go it would not look like these ufos!

How do Chinese lanterns stay still in perfect formation like that without the wind taking it?Even if you were to add sticks to it,it would still move erratically.

If someone provides video of the Chinese lantern looking like these triangular ufos,I will shut my mouth...er fingers.

Thing is a skeptic will say prove it..but how do you prove it?Isn't video proof?I know there are fakes out there but there are also a lot of unproven "fakes".

Why would people be faking this for thousands of years,since man was around?For money?What money?People will just call you crazy!So I don't see why anyone would fake it?Even though there are some fakes out there doesn't mean they all are.

Now I need some Chinese lanterns to see if it can be done lol

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBogmonster
C'mon guys!

These have been flying around for years now - saw them from early '91 onwards in the first gulf and they were regular visitors in Scotland for a while.

And there's nothing out of this world about them (propulsion method is cool though)

In all fairness - the aircraft that the general population is privy to and most often sees, are the aircraft flown by a typical airline company. So, for many, yes - a triangular or other unusually shaped military craft indeed appears otherworldly if witnessed by those on the ground.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good pics but the ol' Chinese lantern gag I'm afraid. So many sightings lately and all of them look like Chinese lanterns to me. They're easy to make, work great, are bright and there are many videos online of people doing it...so its become a popular trend. They don't last long and burn up or fizzle out.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
its a US spy plane... i believe in aliens, im not some ranter who says everything is a plane..iv seen a ufo but...
im afraid this is a US spy plane called aurora from area 51
www.aliensonearth.com...
look at that link...it will tell you all about it .. mainly in the last few paragraphs

great spot though

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sorry to come back here again with the same questions, but I think those are good questions that needed just a simple answer, in order to better understand what the OP saw.

Originally posted by tacjtg
reply to post by elevenaugust

Until the two lights faded out - yes, it was triangular in form.

Thanks! But how long it lasted?

Originally posted by tacjtg
reply to post by elevenaugust

Of what would you like the picture? The picasa link I have provided is the original of the "craft". I have no other photos of it, because I was scrambling to get the video to work.

When I said another photography, I mean whatever you want, no matter what the subject is; it could be a tree, a landscape, whatever, the important thing is that it have to be from the same camera.
It's for some noise calculations and comparisons.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here's your proof of sky/chinese lanterns. Balloons/lanterns can generally hold a shape together for quite awhile as they are riding the same general air current. The rotation effect you saw was just the wind shifting them around. If you saw them drastically move and shoot away...that would be significant.

Fools launching sky lantern triangle pattern

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

i live in nashville and i have footage of a different sort. im always looking up and i missed this. ill be out tonight though!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Who knows if this photo is real or not, that is the problem with all of these threads.

If it is real what can you do?

What I do know is that if I had the ability to freely travel the stars and possibly other galaxies, earth would be a fine tourist attraction right about now.

World Wars, you can call it whatever you want, but the world is not a peaceful place right now, 8 billion people, technology, we just entered space, radio signals, all that good stuff.

If you ask me, I would say humanity failed the test for them at this time,but we never stopped evolving. We learned how to pollute and kill on a massive scale before we even learned how to feed everybody and take care of them properly.

That is also taking the hippie stance saying that humanity has to be nice in order for them to talk to us, maybe it is natural for us to be destructive because of the survival of the fittest attitude and they are waiting for some other reason.

Who knows

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads. If you need to quote a member's post in your reply, please ensure you edit down the quoted amount to the minimum needed to make your point. Overly large quotes or minimal replies are subject to warnings or deletion. Below the reply button it says: (Minimal posts that contribute nothing to the thread are subject to immediate removal.)

edit on June 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

Despite the numerous sightings, witness testimony, and questionable practices of our DoD, the report from the NIDS, the Belgium incident, etc.

Do some research, son, then come back and post at ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You haven't proved anything. Just because you can find a photo or video of someone releasing 3 lanterns, doesn't mean this was. I personally will hold out until I see the video, that should be fairly telling.

Is there a link to the video?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Op

With soo many wackos out there nobody is going to beleive you. I think they would have to see it for themselfs.
I dont beleive it with those pictures even though I had simillar incounter. and If somebody told me the story I told them, I wouldnt beleive. About those lanterns.. I dont think so. and aurora is a high speed high altitude airplane so nope on that. Anyway thanks for sharing and lets hope one of these lands in front of cnn or white house.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

The photo is real. We just haven't identified what the lights are.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here is the weather forecast for June 5, 2011 for Nashville, TN.

History for Nashville, TN

Sunday, June 5, 2011 — View Current Conditions

Time (CDT) Temp. Dew Point Humidity Sea Level Pressure Visibility Wind Dir Wind Speed
9:53 PM....73.0 °F ...66.9 °F...... 81% ...... 30.04 in ........ ....10.0 miles......NNW 3.5 mph - N/A

www.wunderground.com/history/airpo rt/KBNA/2011/6/5/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I believe that 9:53 was the closest to the time of the op's incident. The wind speed is low.
edit on 6-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join