It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+112 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I can't yet place this in the proper forum, I would appreciate one of the mods to do so. Thank you in advance.

I took this photo at the corner of Riverside Dr. and Eastland Ave. in Nashville, TN at 2144 CST on 5 June 2011. There was a large triangular form with lights at each point. It appear to be massive, over a football field in size. It also appeared to be over the river or close to it. It gained altitude while rotating clockwise and the "faded out" while heading NW. The rear lights faded before the front one. At the intersection, at least 7 cars were stopped and everyone was out of the car. I was with my wife. We pulled over and got out of the car and I took this photo with my HTC Thunderbolt Phone camera. This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Your picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ed653c66a37.jpg[/atsimg]

Nice shot !

Have you reported it to UFO sighting websites? There could be others that took it from a different angle, distance...

Cool !!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Nice picture. If it returns you should try to video tape it

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Very nice picture indeed!

Wondering as well if you have found any additional information on others who may have witnessed the same thing you did...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

When my family and I were stationed in Mons, Belgium, my dad saw the infamous triangular shaped UFO that was also spotted and chased by two Belgian Air Force F-16s.

Looks very similar to what my dad says he saw. It didn't have a red light in the middle though just the three white lights. Maybe this UFO is something similar?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wow that is a hell of a photo. It is a bit grainy, but it does its job. Was there any outline to it or was it just those three red lights?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's a plane.

Those are light beacons on each tip of the aircraft.

Nothing more, nothing less.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

It was no plane. Everyone was stopped at the intersection and were out of their cars watching it. It hovered. It was moving very slowly in a clockwise motion. I even high-fived a guy when I showed him the picture I got.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

There was a dark form between the lights, but it was faint.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I haven't reported it anywhere other than immediately to FB and then here. I am not a member of any UFO/ET forums. Prior to this sighting, I really hadn't formed a clear opinion on anything ET. I sincerely believe that this was not from Earth and/or it is from a Gov't Secret program.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's a plane.

Zoomed and cropped.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45c8e5f6b594.jpg[/atsimg]

Say what??

Unless Wonder Woman is piloting this (whatever it is but not a plane) unidentified object...

I don't think it's a plane.
edit on 5-6-2011 by SonoftheSun because: pic.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That sounds like a great story and very nice picture indeed.

How long did the event last? Who noticed it first? Did you see other folks filming as well. Did people stand around and discuss it for a while or was it dismissed quickly as a non event?

Thought others may have these questions in mind.
Thanks again for sharing an awesome story.

Also, only one photo?
edit on 5-6-2011 by Wizayne because: snap away while you can.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nice photo OP, lucky you to see one, I've yet to see anything of the sort.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly
It's a plane.

If it IS a plane it most definitely does NOT have standard landing lights or warning beacons. Most, if not all commercial aircraft, have at least two white / yellow lights that blink on the tip, one on the tail, and a red beacon in the middle bottom.

BTW OP, were these lights flashing?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I listened to an ATC Archive for Nashville's airport the time and date you mentioned to listen for anything out of the ordinary, but I didn't pick up on anything. I'm not a pilot, so I do not fully understand everything they are saying. Maybe someone who is more experienced can see if any of those traffic sightings reported to the tower could be the UFO in question.

Can't post a direct link the the MP3 for the date and time in question due to the TOS, but here's the website to put the time and date the OP mentioned to see if anything is out of the ordinary.

www.liveatc.net...
edit on 5-6-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wizayne

My wife and I were driving home from visiting my parents who are flying to CA in the morning. On our return home we were heading West on Eastland Ave., up a slight hill. My wife points to the left over some trees and I can see something, it turned out to be these three lights. We stopped at the stop sign at the top of the hill and I got out my phone. I notice a car coming behind me, so I turned right and pulled immediately to the shoulder of the road. I got out and noticed that the car behind me stopped and got out too. As I took the photo I realized that at least 7 cars had stopped and were watching. It lasted about 3 minutes from when we first spotted it. I took a quick video as well, which is on my FB profile. I am trying to upload it to YT and I will post a link. After it faded everyone was just in shock and got it their cars and left. We talked to the guys who pulled up behind us, and I showed him the photo I took. We high-fived and left. It was certainly disturbing and everyone was in disbelief.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This look very similar to the one on this site:
Triange UFO

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

They were not flashing, but they did seem to differ in brightness but in no regular pattern, just fluctuating brightness, then the rear two faded. After about 30 secs the front light faded and it was gone.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

It sure does! Wow!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To bad you didn't press video on that cell instead of photo.
Looks like you got something there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join