It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple National Guard Units Deploying to Iraq In What Are 2 States Largest Deployments Since WW2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I was unable to locate these stories in a regular internet search. Had it not been brought to light by locals, I wouldn't have found out. I am curious how many other states are being activated under the radar as well as why is there a military buildup going on.
www.courier-journal.com... yment-since-World-War-II?odyssey=nav|head
wusa9.com...

edit on 5-6-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Not Washington, at least not my unit.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Whoa. I am interested to see how the next 24 hrs play out over the interwebs on this. Let's give this some time to ferment and see what in the hey is up here...thanks for the heads up! S&F!

ColoradoJens

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There isn't a military build up going on. Just rotations. The guy I worked with said his group was slated to go back to Iraq next year to rotate other groups already there out. He told me that 1 year ago. They have a schedule on when and who is going there well in advance. It isn't "under the radar" when the media simply dosn't care to ask. 1,300 soldiers is hardly a build up when they have 50,000+ already in Iraq and 100,000+ in Afganistan.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
There isn't a military build up going on. Just rotations. The guy I worked with said his group was slated to go back to Iraq next year to rotate other groups already there out. He told me that 1 year ago. They have a schedule on when and who is going there well in advance. It isn't "under the radar" when the media simply dosn't care to ask. 1,300 soldiers is hardly a build up when they have 50,000+ already in Iraq and 100,000+ in Afganistan.

No but nice try...

Im currently serving in the Air Force and we have sent probably close to 6 guys on a short notice deployment. I mean short as in less than a weeks notice. That is not normal.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Same in Minnesota, no link yet but i have a few friends in the NG that are being deployed and with many others.. WHY DO WE NEED THIS MANY TROOPS IN IRAQ???? America has enough on its plate as is... get them outta there!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here in Nebraska, if you go into the National Guard, its pretty much guaranteed that your going to Iraq or Afghanistan. Has been that way since Desert Storm.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Time to move onto Iran yet?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

No but nice try...

Im currently serving in the Air Force and we have sent probably close to 6 guys on a short notice deployment. I mean short as in less than a weeks notice. That is not normal.

Air Force isn't the national guard. Each state government has to approve the use of their national guard before they can be sent over there. Air Force doesn't need that approval. The real issue here is the blackmail. If the state government doesn't allow the use of its national guard then the federal government will cut funding to the state. That is how the Sergent I worked with explained it. He said they new 2 years in advance what the rotations were. If he is wrong then it is what it is but I have no reason to doubt his word.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

No but nice try...

Air Force isn't the national guard. Each state government has to approve the use of their national guard before they can be sent over there. Air Force doesn't need that approval. The real issue here is the blackmail. If the state government doesn't allow the use of its national guard then the federal government will cut funding to the state. That is how the Sergent I worked with explained it. He said they new 2 years in advance what the rotations were. If he is wrong then it is what it is but I have no reason to doubt his word.

They can know 2 years in advance but not likely...Why? Because the old farts that have never gotten deployed are getting deployed on short notice. So in turn they carry around their retirement letter and retire on the spot when they get active orders to deploy. State funding has nothing to do with it. Complete bogus myth when coming to deployments. The only time the State funding comes into play is when they do their weekend warrior stuff. Which is a joke...well at least at my unit it is. They do "computer training"...Which is really facebook for 8 hours.
When the government says go they go. Why? because they relieve us...the active duty members or deploy with us. There is something going on. They wont say what is because we as a nation can NOT handle the truth.
My job as an Air Transportation member has increased in work flow since the killing of Osama. That should be evidence enough that if the war was ending...my job shouldn't be getting busier by the day.

Oh and it doesn't matter what uniform you wear or what branch you are in...deploying is still the same.
edit on 5-6-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Here is an article about the federal governments extortion using the National Guard.

The National Guard reports to both the state government and the federal government. Both the governor of the state and the President of the United States can call Guardsmen to active duty, but the President will need approval from the state governor first – don’t think your governor will say no though, it seems they always say yes! They are also frequently called up to help with domestic emergencies and natural disasters.

Source

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Here is an article about the federal governments extortion using the National Guard.

The National Guard reports to both the state government and the federal government. Both the governor of the state and the President of the United States can call Guardsmen to active duty, but the President will need approval from the state governor first – don’t think your governor will say no though, it seems they always say yes! They are also frequently called up to help with domestic emergencies and natural disasters.

Source

Thats what I said in the previous post. There is no blackmail. When you put that uniform on...expect to deploy...even if your guard or reservist.

edit on 5-6-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
id be more concerned if the title said something like Multiple National Guard Units Deploying to Iraq In What Are The United States Largest Deployments Since WW2. now that would be an eye catcher!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would like to keep an eye on this. It would explain all the callee crap being aired to distract.

new topics

top topics

join