It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Cob House, 63 Acres, Garden and a Chicken Coop...My Small Budget Survival.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Good for you. And Im glad you posted the thread so that people get an idea that it is possible and you dont have to be fabulously wealthy to do this.

I want to build my own home too, but Im not sure a cobb home will work for my needs. Im thinking of doing concrete and then burying it except for the one side for light. So with a living roof, but more dirt than the wooden ones. Too many tornadoes here in Tennessee for an above ground cobb for my taste.

Although they are absolutely beautiful. Maybe a guest house somewhere down the line.

For those who need to worry about earth quakes, there are also these,

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by jude11

Good for you. And Im glad you posted the thread so that people get an idea that it is possible and you dont have to be fabulously wealthy to do this.

I want to build my own home too, but Im not sure a cobb home will work for my needs. Im thinking of doing concrete and then burying it except for the one side for light. So with a living roof, but more dirt than the wooden ones. Too many tornadoes here in Tennessee for an above ground cobb for my taste.

Although they are absolutely beautiful. Maybe a guest house somewhere down the line.

For those who need to worry about earth quakes, there are also these,

Yeah, I love the living roof idea. There is a small country store in BC that has goats living on the roof. I'd like to look at a garden tho.

Thanx for the post!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hederahelix
reply to post by jude11

This is a great thread! So many interesting things to investigate and consider. S&F!!! and good luck with your current endeavors. Did you notice that they had a little cob pizza oven?

edit on 7-6-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

Yup, noticed the oven too.

I'm thinking bread!

Gotta have the oven. If I'm building the house, a little more mud and straw for an outdoor oven won't be missed.

Thanx!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Nice tread...good information...plus if you have the ability and the know how...in a SHTF you could actually build a small group of homes in the middle of nowhere and be very well off compaired to millions of others....
Make sure you have the basic tools and the resources needed in your bug out area to accomplish this and your good to go.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Now how can you beat this?

10% down! Less than $10,000!

79,000 CAD

Great Building Lot (8.8 acres) - 150 Mile House, BC
This 8.8 acre property is in a great location just 25 minutes from Williams Lake. It has a nearly finished cabin already built with services such as well water, electricity, wood furnace, propane stove, etc. already in place - dry wall and mudding completed, just needs painting.

Perfect as a vacation retreat or build your dream home.

www.thebestdealsinbc.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join