It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas legislature trying to redistrict Ron Paul's district so he can't be reelected!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Those bastards. After going after Kucinich's district, they are going after Ron Paul's district. The elite doesn't care which party you are, if you are against them, you are the enemy.

Redistricting swipes Ron Paul

Tea Party godfather Ron Paul, a 2008 and 2012 Republican presidential hopeful, would see his congressional district transformed in a new GOP map proposed Thursday night by Senate Redistricting Commitee Chair Kel Seliger, R-Amarillo.
Continue Reading

District 14 would pick up about 300,000 new voters, including all of Jefferson County — where the city of Beaumont is located — and a bigger slice of Galveston County. The percentage of his voting-age constituents who are Anglo would drop from 61 percent in his current district to 57 percent in his new one, while the percentage of African Americans and Hispanics would increase from 35 percent to 39 percent.

Democratic operative Jeff Crosby believes the change is intended to target Paul, who has drawn a cult-like following among conservative activists but is not such a darling in the Texas Republican political establishment. While other congressmen have beaten a path to the Texas Capitol to give their two-cents (and more) about what their districts should look like, Paul has not been lobbying lawmakers.

Not a big surprise from Bilderberg's puppet Perry and that ex-CIA traitor Dewhurst and their minions in the Texas legislature.

But I bet even if redistricting takes place, Ron Paul will likely win.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Those bastards. After going after Kucinich's district, they are going after Ron Paul's district. The elite doesn't care which party you are, if you are against them, you are the enemy.

Gerrymandering is something that should be in the Amendment with term limits. The districts should just be static along county/township or some other boundary. I understand some changes are based on population growth or reduction but most are just changed to keep a person in power based on who voted for his policies last time.

There is a guy here in KCMO whose district looks like a spider as it goes in and around white areas to encompass monitory neighborhoods - E. Cleaver. The Rev. E. Cleaver - a tried and true racist and corrupt politician from way back.

He is not my rep thankfully but without a term limit he will perpetually be a rep until the districts take some reasonable geographic boundaries.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nice catch, this is typical low down and dirty tactics the powers that be use to screw up things. It almost always works too. Redistricting can be used in devious and cunning ways to defeat political opponents, and more times than not, it is actually used for these nefarious reasons.

Split up the votes, use the last years poll results to determine exactly how to split them up so that each of the new districts will be more populated with a favorable voting pattern, while the "problem group" is split into smaller sections that have very little voting power left.

I've seen it happen several times, and each time the victims were crying foul and using actual facts to show the new maps and showing how voting blocs are decimated through this process if done correctly with the intent to break them up.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
"Paul has not been lobbying lawmakers..." yeah, no kidding, he actually has more important things to focus on. I hope this does not result in his downfall. It is difficult keep abreast of the idiot hoard and do your job at the same time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

That's really funny(odd funny). Because I have been saying for some time that the only thing that can rescue this country from utter Corporofascism at this point would be a winning Paul/Kucinich ticket.

So yea it makes total sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Dennis Kucinich is also facing elimination from a republican-led redistricting.

They can't beat him in an election, so they do what all crooked political parties have done - eliminate his seat through gerrymandering!

ps: here's the link for Kucinich;
Kucinich, Losing District, Looks Very Far Afield
edit on 5-6-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Oh and Governor Rick Perry did indeed meet with the Bilderburg Group in Turkey 2007 I believe.

Here is the first google result for Perry met Bilderburg.
First link in google

And looky here.

Texas Congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul has added his voice to those who believe Texas Governor Rick Perry should be investigated for a criminal violation of the Logan Act after he jetted off to meet with foreign elites yesterday at the Bilderberg Group conference in Istanbul.

No wonder the Corrupt Perry wants to shaft Paul. Paul called him a potential criminal for illegally meeting with foreign dignitaries and even called for investigations. This happened like almost 4 years ago though.

However, grudges can last a long time so it really wouldn't surprise me!

Adding a link to The Logan Act

The Logan Act is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments. It was passed in 1799 and last amended in 1994. Violation of the Logan Act is a felony, punishable under federal law with imprisonment of up to three years. The text of the Act is broad and is addressed at any attempt of a US citizen to conduct foreign relations without authority. However, there is no record of any convictions or even prosecutions under the Logan Act.

edit on 5-6-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
great catch Vitch!

I know district lines can be rewritten based on census information but this also seems like you are correct that this is to push Ron Paul out of his seat.

if he runs for the new lined district, he will win. he's already made a name for himself over the past 30+ years.

time will tell with where this will lead.

edit on Sun, 05 Jun 2011 23:26:15 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: word correction per member request..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i wouldnt mind kucinich losing after he sold his soul on obama care.

districts however can not remain static population growth and movement will always be variables.

ron paul have been there for a long time it would make no difference in my opinion paul is a name that texans know and trust.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Unfortantly, this is how bad politicians get rid of the good guys. I just hope Ron Paul becomes president, long shot I know, but if he doesn't win I'm leaving the USA. How's Austrailia these days?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

this method of cheating is actually quite old really,
and not just in the USA.
most of Machiavelli's "Discourses" is about how the Romans would do the same thing in order to F over the plebs.
of course most people only read/know about "The Prince"
which are actually the "Discourses" Cliff Notes.

S&F

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

this method of cheating is actually quite old really,
and not just in the USA.
most of Machiavelli's "Discourses" is about how the Romans would do the same thing in order to F over the plebs.
of course most people only read/know about "The Prince"
which are actually the "Discourses" Cliff Notes.

S&F

Great post, thanks for bringing up how ancient the practice is. I don't doubt it at all.

Also, I looked up Machiavelli's book "Discourses" at Amazon for the ATSers. You can read the first section of it free here, but for more we will have to find other websites with the full text or you will have to visit your library and check it out (or put it on order so you can get it next week).
Amazon.com link for "Discourses"

In the Discourses, the work many consider his most significant, Machiavelli outlines how to establish or reform a republic.

This link has 3 links to full copies of his masterpiece work.
Found the links for full copies. It's super old so there's no copyright infringement to worry about. Enjoy the read folks.
edit on 5-6-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why do we assume that Paul will lose the next elections merely because his district is being changed? Whether there is a sinister plot behind this measure or not, I don't think Paulers do a service playing as if Ron Paul is so dependent on the boundaries of his district or to a certain segment of voters. He's running for the presidential elections is he not? It's obviously going to take alot more than his district or even Texas for him to win the presidency.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Why do we assume that Paul will lose the next elections merely because his district is being changed? Whether there is a sinister plot behind this measure or not, I don't think Paulers do a service playing as if Ron Paul is so dependent on the boundaries of his district or to a certain segment of voters. He's running for the presidential elections is he not? It's obviously going to take alot more than his district or even Texas for him to win the presidency.

That's not really the point though..
The point is the dirty politics being used in an attempt to lower his poll scores..

Do you have any actual view on that ??

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Do you have any actual view on that ??

Well first off, we don't conclusively know whether there is anything sinsister to this. All we know is that there is a proposal to change a district and it may very well be a disadvantage to Ron Paul. We can automatically assume it's a sinister plot, but that's really it.

If Ron Paul is really that vulnerable that a district border change will impact on his chances to be elected again to congress then he probably needs to work harder at marketing himself at the voters. The voters decide at the end of the day and if Ron Paul can't win them over, regardless of a district border change, it's nobody's fault.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The voters decide at the end of the day and if Ron Paul can't win them over, regardless of a district border change, it's nobody's fault.

If someone is doing it with the intent of effecting his votes then how can it be "nobody's" fault??

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
If someone is doing it with the intent of effecting his votes then how can it be "nobody's" fault??

Again, you're assuming these district changes are a plot against Ron Paul, there is no evidence of that. Could it be a plot? Anything is possible, and if it were, it would be in very bad taste for the GOP, but regardless, whining about it will not do Ron Paul any justice in his chances for reelection or more significantly the presidency. Also you might be interested in going to the core source and reading it up:
www.texastribune.org...

We've heard back from Ron Paul's spokesman. Jesse Benton said the longtime congressman takes no offense at the redistricting proposal, which would lower the GOP performance of the district considerably.

"Dr. Paul does not feel targeted, and his home county of Brazoria remains the cornerstone of the District," Benton said. "If anything, this is a compliment. The GOP knows Dr. Paul will win anywhere he runs, and that his electoral fortitude allows them to strengthen other districts and have no problems holding the 14th."

Mr Benton certainly doesn't play this out for politics, he claims that Ron Paul has built a reputation and will win regardless. This is the way Ron Paulers should be responding, not acting like Ron Paul is at the center of every conspiracy and everybody is out to get him. He's a public representitive, he has to compete for votes like everybody else.

These border changes also effect some largely democratic districts in Texas, some consisting of minorities and left wing voters. Regardless, I'm not going to automatically jump to conclusions. If you intend to run for office, you have to convince voters like everybody else.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

if he [ paul ] cannot win in a modified district - how is he going to win the presidency ?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why don't all them idiots who take over straw polls go set up trailer parks in his district, then they can vote for him all they want.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Bump....

This is what the elite is up to...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join