It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your name written in the stars, one in a million?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Are you one in a million? fun fact

It's old news but still if you did not know, well it's
to know

Notice: Stardust was launched on February 7, 1999 carrying the two microchips. Two copies of each chip were installed on the spacecraft (for a total of four chips). Two of the microchips (#1 & #2) are inside the Sample Return Capsule, and was returned back to Earth with the capsule when it landed in Utah on January 15, 2006. The capsule along with the microchips have been transported to the curation facility at Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas on January 17, 2006, where they currently reside. The other two chips are on the spacecraft body and will remain in space forever.

Below, we have a listing of all of the names submitted and that have been inscribed onto the microchips. The names are sorted alphabetically by last name for easy lookup. Note that there are two lists, so if you don't find your name in one list, be sure to check the other list.

To the genealogy people: we've been receiving a lot of inquiries from people researching their family trees and have who have discovered our microchip name listings. The names on the microchip were collected as a public outreach effort. We do not have any information or background on any of the people whose names were submitted, nor do we have any way of contacting these people

I my self am on the second chip, well my name is...
Can you find your name written in the stars

Sorry forgot the linkstardust1.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 5-6-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Could you provide a link?

Might be helpful...I want to see if my name is on the chip!

Edit: Thanks for the link...my name is on chip #1...well sort of...it has my first initial "J." and then my last name.

I am going to count it as a victory and my name is going to space...time to party! (Not really)

edit on 5-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Well, if you dont give me a link, I can't answer that.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Optimus Prime is on the second one. I'm not, though...but, then, I knew I wouldn't be, 'cause I didn't submit my name.
My name's on the Phoenix lander, though, that went to Mars a few years ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I looked at both, I'm not one either
Maybe some donation had to be made to get a name on the list. Not sure. There were several with my last name but non sounded familiar.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Can you find your name written in the stars

Yes ..... Chip 1

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I'm kind of on the the first chip. My first initial and last name is there. I'm actually called by my middle name. My middle initial and last name is listed, too.

My middle (called) name is on the second chip. It is spelled differently.

edit on 5-6-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I was amazed at the number of entries on the second chip with my last name. It is kinda rare from my experience. none seem to be related to me though.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm on the second chip...woohoo!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarrofDanu
I was amazed at the number of entries on the second chip with my last name. It is kinda rare from my experience. none seem to be related to me though.

The same for me
who would of toth

I have a very uncommon and irish family name, yet there are hundreds

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
whew...good thing im not on there. i didnt want deceptacons looking for me!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The doctor and the TARDIS floating around too ?
Pretty cool though in my case, I'd doubt it.
I'm a teen, they're not gonna put my name up there.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Not sure what my problem is but it says link not available -
can't get into it and I have a feeling my name is there.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by mkkkay

Optimus Prime is on the second one. I'm not, though...but, then, I knew I wouldn't be, 'cause I didn't submit my name.
My name's on the Phoenix lander, though, that went to Mars a few years ago.

Sure as ish, my distant family made it onto Chip 2. They don't know about it though... so, ponder how they got submitted?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Not sure what my problem is but it says link not available -
can't get into it and I have a feeling my name is there.

Here you go try direct the first microstardust1.jpl.nasa.gov...
And the secondstardust1.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Heh, my name is on both of them, though much more likely the one on the second chip is actually mine.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
My name is on the first chip. I did not check the second one. Thanks for letting me know. I believe I may have heard something years ago but forgot about it. I do remember getting something in the mail indicating my name is on a chip on the first rover that was sent to Mars. I read something about JPL made a lot of extra chips. If aliens invade here, they'll probably be looking for me stating that my name was printed plainly on the invading spacecraft. In that case, I'll just say, I don't know how it got there.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm on chip # 2, pretty sure I remember who submitted it for me back then but it's been a long time. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There is no way my name went, there are only 13 households in the world directly related to me that have our name.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yes, but they spelled it wrong...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join