It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back From The Future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Please watch this video. The only part of the video i'm concerned with is from 2:55 to 3:30 where on the bottom right of the screen is the time and date! (I'm not concerned with the topic of the video)

Now here in Ireland and in the UK as well we write the date as Day, Month and then Year...EG in DOB format 29/10/86 (My Birthdate). But in the US (I am sure) it would be 10/29/86. Anyway....

If you notice the date from that part of the video it says 1/23/13. Which can't be possible regardless of what part of the world you live in! Because the 23 can't be the Month or Year (So that can only be the day), And, 13 Can't possibly be the Month or Year either...So that leaves the 1 being the month as that can't be the year as there aren't 13 months...I'm starting to boggle myself here, but i'm sure you all see that it can only possibly be a video from January the 23rd 2013.

So can anyone figure out where the problem is? I don't want to answer my own question but the only thing I can think of is the wrong time and date settings on the camcorder. But I don't own one, so I am not sure if that is already supposed to be "Hardcoded" as a setting.

Anyway thought i'd post this intriguing find.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2011 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I gotta tell you man...that doesn't necessary mean anything.
I actually was just looking at a pic of my Army buddy on facebook - he died in September of 2010 but the pic is him at the lake with some friends and it's dated 10/10/2010...so yeah...it happens.
edit on 5-6-2011 by coldkidc because: oops

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Typically on most devices with a clock the date can be set to any time.

On said camcorder the date has been set incorrectly.

That's about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I am surprised that nobody has taken a crack at this one yet! I know that my camcorder allows me to program in any date I would like...but then again it is only a few months old too, so without knowing what kind of camera this was and how old it was at the time the video was shot, there is just no way of knowing if that was a function available on that model.

I would have to say that it is just a matter of someone programming in the wrong date before they shot this video and nothing strange or out of the ordinary...but who knows?

If it is a camera from 2013 and that is the quality of filming we can expect in the future then I am going to keep ahold of my 2011 model...I would have to say it looks at least a decade old judging from the film quality.
edit on 5-6-2011 by jerryznv because: I see I was a late poster and someone took a crack at it...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The camera's date probably wasn't set right. The other option is was purposely set wrong so the video couldn't be tracked back to camera's owner, perhaps. Those are the two reasonable conclusions I could come up with.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
oh my this thread actually got 2 flags!

Hey everyone guess what! You can time travel too! Just go to your computer clock or any clock as a matter of fact and change it to whatever date you want! For example I can be in the year 2153 right now!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
If it is a camera from 2013 and that is the quality of filming we can expect in the future then I am going to keep ahold of my 2011 model...I would have to say it looks at least a decade old judging from the film quality.
edit on 5-6-2011 by jerryznv because: I see I was a late poster and someone took a crack at it...

Agreed!

I may have to purchase one this Year if that's the quality they're dishing out in the future lol.

JUST TO ADD:

The odd thing is the vid looks like it could be from 2001. So if that was the case, where did he get the camcorder that has 13 months on it? lol

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
oh my this thread actually got 2 flags!

Hey everyone guess what! You can time travel too! Just go to your computer clock or any clock as a matter of fact and change it to whatever date you want! For example I can be in the year 2153 right now!

Alright mate, I did say it was explainable by tampering with the time settings! No need for the douchebag sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

!/23/13 represents 01/23/2013...it is the year not the month...I think! That being said, it would not be 13 months at all, and the question is simply this: Why did they (whoever they are) program in 2013...seems ambiguous and it is not a matter of time travel (as the thread title indicates) but a matter of operator error (or stupidity) with the camera. Right?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Yea I know it's obviously not time travel lol. I thought it was a relatively appropriate title though. Thx for your input to the thread and not being a douche about it

Some people are quite obviously too serious and sensitive towards a little slapstick thrown into the thread and title!

new topics

top topics

join