It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scientific Experiment to test existence of God.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

I,believe in Jesus and the holy father jevoah and the holy spirit,i never said i believed they are 1,you did. jesus is the son,the holy spirit is the comforter from god.God is the father.Like I,have a son,God has a son,JESUS.He wasn't crutified in a temple,he was cructified on a cross.But he is our temple now to pray with,our bodies are temples to.Jesus went to heavenly temple and put his blood on the alter,for our sins.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

So I take it you understand that the crucifixion and the sacrifice are not the same thing...Jesus' sacrifice could not have happened here on earth according to scripture.

The bible is actually vague about where on earth the crucifixion occurred. The Gospels claim that Jesus was crucified at Golgotha yet John in Revelations 11:7-8 says that Jesus was sacrificed at the great city "which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt.."

Revelations 11v7-8
Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt where also their Lord was crucified

So far in this experiment there is no evidence that supports that god exists

edit on 9-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

You wrote:

["I,am done on this subject.You have to make your own mind up.No matter what we tell you,you won't open your mind.So my friend in closing,I,will pray for you.We all have our views and ways.I,stand firming on mine.May god open your heart and eyes to truth.The holy spirit is here now. If you want to know my lord,I,am here.I,won't shove my belief down anyones throat"]

Another way of saying the same is: "If you don't submit to MY premises and assumptions, I make a disappearence act".

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
DAY FOUR
========

Suicide Bomber Kills 4 Afghan Police Officers
www.nytimes.com...

Israeli police, Palestinian protesters clash at sensitive Jerusalem holy site
www.foxnews.com...

Ex-Russian officer who killed Chechen shot dead
www.chron.com...

Irish woman guilty of rape wins wins new trial
www.irishcentral.com...

I might have to stop collecting data after Day 7, all evidence suggests the christian god might be a hoax.
edit on 10-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

No,Its the fact that all of you have the freedom of choice and will to choose.I,was only here to state my side and have.the rest is for you to decide.I,don't shove my belief down anyones throat. Like God said,we must come to him freely and not by force.I,am not here to force anyone.I,am just a witness for our lord.
If anyone wants to know about God and Jesus,I,am here.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

True ,they aren't the same. As,for the city,I,don't really know.Very true those 2 scriptures does confuse people.But,I,do believe its Jerusalem,because Jesus said,all Prophets are murdered there.Everyone God sent was killed there.

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.Matthew 23:37

,who killed jesus.

Jesus was crucified. There were many ways in the first-century for a criminal to be put to death, including stoning, beheading, being torn apart by beasts, etc. Yet all the earliest sources attest to the crucifixion of Jesus. These sources include, in addition to the New Testament writings, the Jewish historian Josephus (Antiquities 18.3.3, A.D. 95) and the Roman historian Tacitus (Annals 15.44, A.D. 109)

Jesus was crucified during the governorship and under the authority of Pontius Pilate. Once again, this basic fact is confirmed in Josephus and Tacitus in addition to the New Testament.

Pilate placed a sign on Jesus’ cross that read “The King of the Jews.” This fact is found in all four New Testament Gospels and in some later non-canonical gospels as well. This “title” helps to explain the nature of the charges against Jesus.

Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem on or near the Jewish feast of Passover. Again, all New Testament Gospels agree on these basic facts, and there is every reason to believe that they are accurate .

Hebrews 9:22, In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Leviticus 5:11 "'If, however, he cannot afford two doves or two young pigeons, he is to bring as an offering for his sin a tenth of an ephah of fine flour for a sin offering. He must not put oil or incense on it, because it is a sin offering.
Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.
Ezekiel 43:18 Then he said to me, "Son of man, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: These will be the regulations for sacrificing burnt offerings and sprinkling blood upon the altar when it is built.
The resurrection was not an ordinary event that left no mark on the history of the church and its development. On the contrary, the resurrection is the secret of the constant power of the church and its growth. If the crucifixion is the essence of salvation, the resurrection is the secret of the church's triumph and victory. The crucifixion without the resurrection is insignificant; the resurrection without the crucifixion is meaningless.

But the resurrection also attests to the reality of Christ's death. After His resurrection Jesus appeared to His disciples and hundreds of His loyal followers assuring them that He was indeed crucified and then raised from the dead. For the last 40 days of His earthly life, He continued to explain to them the meaning of that spiritual and historical event and its impact on humanity. Maybe the most remarkable incident we can cite in this respect is the reaction of the apostle Thomas, who was famous for his realistic approach and suspicious mind. He refused to believe what other disciples told him about the appearance of Jesus. It seems that he thought that the disciples who were mourning the death of their Master had lost their minds. Therefore he challenged them saying:

...Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger in the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe. (John 20:25, )

Eight days later the disciples were together again. Though the doors were shut for the fear of the Jews, Jesus appeared to them and stood in their midst. After greeting them, he said to Thomas:

Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing. (John 20:27, ),THEY WERE ALL IN JERUSALEM,JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED HERE,OUTSIDE OF THE CITY.

Golgotha (the place of the skulls) in Jerusalem.

The Bible says Golgotha (John 19:17).,Outside the gates of the city* (to which Matthew, Mark and John called it Golgotha, and Luke called it Calvary).

A reason that the crucifixions took place *outside of the city* was because of the strict Jewish laws regarding the proximity of dead bodies to the living. Coming into contact with a dead body meant a period of ritual cleansing for uncleanness. (Numbers 19:11-22).
IS JESUS GOD?
Jesus is never recorded in the Bible as saying the precise words, “I am God.” That does not mean, however, that He did not proclaim that He is God. Take for example Jesus’ words in John 10:30, “I and the Father are one.” We need only to look at the Jews’ reaction to His statement to know He was claiming to be God. They tried to stone Him for this very reason. “… you, a mere man, claim to be God” (John 10:33). The Jews understood exactly what Jesus was claiming—deity. Notice that Jesus does not deny His claim to be God. When Jesus declared, “I and the Father are one” (John 10:30), He was saying that He and the Father are of one nature and essence. John 8:58 is another example. Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was born, I am!” The response of the Jews who heard this statement was to take up stones to kill Him for blasphemy, as the Mosaic Law commanded them to do (Leviticus 24:15).

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “the Word was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh. Acts 20:28 tells us, “Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.” Who bought the church—the church of God—with His own blood? Jesus Christ. Acts 20:28 declares that God purchased His church with His own blood. Therefore, Jesus is God!

Thomas the disciple declared concerning Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. Titus 2:13 encourages us to wait for the coming of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (see also 2 Peter 1:1). In Hebrews 1:8, the Father declares of Jesus, “But about the Son He says, ’Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” The Father refers to Jesus as “O God” indicating that Jesus is indeed God.

In Revelation, an angel instructed the apostle John to only worship God (Revelation 19:10). Several times in Scripture Jesus receives worship (Matthew 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38). He never rebukes people for worshiping Him. If Jesus were not God, He would have told people to not worship Him, just as the angel in Revelation did. There are many other verses and passages of Scripture that argue for Jesus’ deity.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). A created being, which Jesus would be if He were not God, could not pay the infinite penalty required for sin against an infinite God. Only God could pay such an infinite penalty. Only God could take on the sins of the world (2 Corinthians 5:21), die, and be resurrected, proving His victory over sin and death.they called Jesus, GOD.

this is my view........
NOW,I BELIEVE HE IS THE SON OF GOD,HE DOES HIS FATHERS WORKS.ALSO,JESUS SAID HE SITS ON THE RIGHT HAND OF HIS FATHER. ALSO JESUS SAID ON THE CROSS,FATHER WHY DO YOU FORSAKE ME? ALSO,JESUS SAID,ONLY MY FATHER KNOWS THE HOUR AND TIME OF THE END OF THE WORLD.NOT EVEN THE ANGELS OR HIM KNOWS. LIKE I,SAID,HE IS I,AM,AND HE CREATED THE HEAVENS AND EARTH.BUT,HE DID THIS,OF ORDERS FROM HIS FATHER.WE CALL JESUS,GOD AND LORD TO.Jesus said he is the only way to heaven,we must go through him to go to the father.Remember they are spiritual.I,BELIEVE HE,JESUS DOES HIS FATHER WORKS...........OUR HEAVENLY FATHER JEHOVAH

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by venusstarlite

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2).

who told you that?

There you go again with your blasphemy...must I quote this verse for you again? why do you insult the Holy Spirit, that His/Her work in a human being named Jesus was for nothing? There is not a single scripture that supports what you just said.

Hebrews 2v17
For this reason he had to be made like them,fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, AND that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.

Why do you want to add your own words and interpretation to scripture, especially words that do not make sense?

Don't you understand why Jesus had to be fully human?

why do you fail to see what Jesus' sacrifice was?

Why do you want to nullify scripture and blaspheme the work of the Holy Spirit in Christ? A sin that cannot be forgiven according to what Jesus said?

Also the great City is not Jerusalem. It is Babylon. John is the only one of the disciples who saw Jesus crucified..not Matthew, or Mark, or John or Luke. ( I am fully aware of Matt 23v37- but that's another discussion for another day)

Rev 18v10, 24
Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry: “‘Woe! Woe to you, great city, you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’ ....In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people, of ALL who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

It says of ALL prophets and God's holy people who had been slaughtered on earth. This includes those two prophets. plus NO WHERE in scripture has Jerusalem been symbolized as Sodom and Egypt. Jerusalem is a holy city, a city that God loves (Rev 20v9) and its not the great city!

It bewilders me why you have to say such blasphemy. It seems according to scripture you have the spirit of the antichrist.

1 John 4v2-3
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God.

The ministry of the priesthood of Jesus had to be of the order of Melchizedek yes, but the high priest had to be fully human to sacrifice himself. This ministry is through the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 7v15-16, 9v13
And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest who has come, not according to the law of a fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life...For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God...

Please stop adding your own words to scripture and blaspheming against the Holy Spirit!

edit on 11-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: Endless life

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Day 5
=====

Syrian Forces Attack Demonstrators Near Turkish Border
www.voanews.com...

At least 21 killed in Afghanistan attacks
www.modbee.com...

Suspected suicide bombing kills 32 in Pakistan
www.reuters.com...

Another day of clashes, angry protests in Yemen
www.cnn.com...

Rebel gains spark fierce battle for west of Libya, as Gaddafi regime under pressure from all sides
www.foxnews.com...

Is it safe to say with certainty that the christian God does not exist?
edit on 11-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: fixed dead link

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Day 6
====

Syrian army reclaims restive border town
www.3news.co.nz...

Suspect Wanted on Attempted Murder Charge After Sunday Shooting
bradenton.patch.com...

Libyan forces fight rebels on several fronts
www.google.com...

edit on 12-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You,make me laugh.I,was testing you.I,know the holy spirit is the one that came to comfort us.Also Jesus is the son of God. I,will never put the holy spirit or Jesus or GOD ALMIGHTY down,or call names,I,am not ashamed of my Lord,JESUS OR THE HOLY SPIRIT. JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD,LIKE MY SON IS A PART OF ME............I,DO KNOW KNOW ABOUT BABYLON,ITS IN IRAN.That was where DANIEL WAS TAKEN TO.Jesus was crucified outside of JERUSALEM. There is a lot of scriptures for this.When JESUS WENT TO HEAVEN HE SENT THE HOLY SPIRIT.As for JESUS HE IS THE SON AND PART OF GOD.HE DID HIS FATHERS WORK.I,am not being a antichrist.But remember one thing,we don't know all,if we did we would be gods.Only God knows all.Jesus knows all,except the end of times,only God knows that,not even the angels,or him.Jesus died for our sins.He was 100% human when he was here,when he arose and went to heaven,he was spiritual and had human ways,he could eat and drink.So,they must drink and eat there in heaven to.

The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the world (1 John 2:2). who told you that?
There you go again with your blasphemy...must I quote this verse for you again? why do you insult the Holy Spirit, that His/Her work in a human being named Jesus was for nothing? There is not a single scripture that supports what you just said.
Hebrews 2v17 For this reason he had to be made like them,fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, AND that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
Why do you want to add your own words and interpretation to scripture, especially words that do not make sense?
Don't you understand why Jesus had to be fully human? why do you fail to see what Jesus' sacrifice was? Why do you want to nullify scripture and blaspheme the work of the Holy Spirit in Christ? A sin that cannot be forgiven according to what Jesus said? Also the great City is not Jerusalem. It is Babylon. John is the only one of the disciples who saw Jesus crucified..not Matthew, or Mark, or John or Luke. ( I am fully aware of Matt 23v37- but that's another discussion for another day)

I,would never put words in GODS MOUTH.YES,HE HAD TO BE 100% HUMAN OR HE COULDN'T DIE FOR OUR SINS.BECAUSE WE ARE HUMAN,BORN WITH SIN.BUT JESUS HAD TO BE BORN A DIFFERENT WAY THEN US,SO HE COULD BE WITHOUT SIN. As for interpretation of scripture ,you make them the way you want them to be.Everyone has a different view of scriptures.But he said not to add or subtract

.Also the great City is not Jerusalem. It is Babylon.,I,agree,but listen JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED OUTSIDE OF JERUSALEM,AND SOLOMON AND GOMORRAH WAS DESTROYED IN ABRAHAM TIME.SO JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED THERE.Jesus sacrifice was for us to have another another relationship with GOD,A SECOND CHANCE..WE,had to be with our sin.The first Adam was,then he sinned,so Jesus was the perfect one to come for us,he had to be human like ADAM WAS. JESUS WAS CALLED GOD TO,I AM.....IN THE BEGINNING JESUS SAID WE WILL MAKE MAN IN THE IMAGE OF US.People think this was God talking,but it was the son of God talking,JESUS............

FOR NOT BELIEVING THERE IS A GOD,YOU SURE DO ARGUE WITH PEOPLE ABOUT SCRIPTURES.YOU KNOW THERE IS A GOD AND JESUS AND A HOLY SPIRIT! YOU AREN'T FOOLING ME OR OTHERS.YOU DID THIS THREAD TO ARGUE AND HAVE A THREAD TO PROVE THERE IS A GOD! Also its God choice what he allows.He made that deal with SATAN.BUT TIME IS DRAWING TO A CLOSE,GOD WILL WIN,ALL SINNERS WILL THEN KNOW THE TRUTH.I,LOVE MY HEAVENLY FATHER AND JESUS AND THANK THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR BEING THERE FOR ME.I,THANK JESUS FOR DIEING ME,EVEN THO I,DIDN'T DESERVE IT.Thank goodness for GRACE AND MERCY FROM OUR LORD! We could never pay him back,except follow his commandments. I,am sorry,I,tested you,you said you studied.So,I,threw all kinds of scriptures out to you,to see what you would say.You see a person can say they are believers and Christians and not have a true relationship with God and Jesus.WE must give all of to Jesus to be forgiven.We can't straddle the fence.Thats what a lot of churches are doing,like the churches in revelations.Also ,never say you speak for the lord,if you say you are speaking for him,you better be.Because God will punish even harder then a regular person.All preachers,priest,..ect are held at a higher account.I,am just a human,i,am not perfect

.But,I,try to follow Gods word.I,confess my sins and try never to do that sin again.Just because we are forgiven,doesn't mean we can keep doing that same sin.We also can't go to heaven,by just good works and going to church.There is a lot more to it.That's why we are to remember Jesus memorial,his body is the manna(bread) from heaven,his blood(wine),The Bread and Wine represent the 'body and blood' of Jesus. There are several other symbols at work too: by sharing it, one enters into the 'new covenant' or promise ie: salvation. It also represents that we are all 'taking in' Jesus and His teachings.

meaning of salvation:

“To give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins.” Luke 1:77

Salvation means that you and I must change to become a new creation. God by His Holy Spirit will change our nature to make it holy. Our heart will be changed so that we will love all people -- even our enemies. We will hate sin and walk in the light.

Salvation means that we are not longer under Satan’s authority.
The Bible says, “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1: 13-14)

sacrifice
the offering of anything to God, or to a god; consecratory rite
also by the bible its....
to make an offering of; to consecrate or present to a divinity by way of expiation or propitiation, or as a token acknowledgment or thanksgiving; to immolate on the altar of God, in order to atone for sin, to procure favor, or to express thankfulness; as, to sacrifice an ox or a sheep, you ask me what I,thought they meant.

When I,said he was God,was because he was a part of God,his son.

1 John 4v2-3
This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. ....................I,know Jesus comes in the flesh from God,God sent him for us to get a second chance.You put words in mouth again.I,never said Jesus didn't come in Gods name.Like he said in the temple to the Jews,I will not come back until you claim I,came in my fathers name.

"For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done." (Matthew 16:27)

"For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.'" (Matthew 23:39)

"For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." (Matthew 24:27)

"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory." (Matthew 24:30)...........This I,totally believe!

edit on 13-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

..........THERE IS A GOD!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

www.simpletoremember.com... IN JEWISH WAYS TO.I,would convert to jewish,if i could find one that believes JESUS IS THE MESSIAH.
www.simpletoremember.com...

edit on 13-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: ADDED MORE

www.simpletoremember.com... REALLY LIKE THIS ONE

edit on 13-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Sometimes i kinda get emotional when scripture is bent to allow it to mean something that it was not intended to mean. For example, i heard somone say Jesus had to be somewhat more that human when scripture says he was made to be like us in everyway, fully human. If he was god at the time he was human then he was not like us in everyway. Even an 8 year old child will tell you that.

The ministry of the holy spirit required that Jesus be human like us in everywhere for Jesus to be a high priest like Melchizedek. His death, his blood,all was accomplished through the spirit who offered him unblemished to god. The idea of Jesus being god nullifies the work of the holy spirit. It also unveils Polytheism in christianity.

I am not a christian, heck i don't even believe in god...but i can read when challenged to.

I bid you grace on your adventure with your god. The best bible interpretations are those by 8 year olds.

Its been a week and there is no evidence of god's existence, time for me to move on

edit on 13-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Three more days to go. so far Yahweh has failed on all accounts....can't wait to see the statistics

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join