It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scientific Experiment to test existence of God.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I always hear people say science cannot prove or disprove the existence of the christian god. On the contrary, science has and i will show just using a simple experiment where:

Null Hypothesis: God doesn't exist
Alternative Hypothesis: God exists

Experimental design:

The verses below will be used as a way of assessing existence of God

Matthew 7:7,8,11
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened...If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!.

Hebrews 11v1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

In this experiment we will ask God to reduce global crime incidences to zero every single day for the next 24 days beginning 0001hrs EST June 6th. Since God is better than fathers who wouldn't want their children hurt, we expect God to protect everyone from harm for the next 24 days.

Data Collection:
Number of crime incidences will be collected from various sources online and locally. The number of daily incidences will be posted here with sources every single day for record keeping. I encourage people from all over the world with data+reference to post as well.

Statistical Analysis and Results
Empirical data will be analyzed on June 30th and the results will be posted here. Analytical tests will determine if the number of daily global crime incidences were any different from zero.

God Excuse Policy
==============
It's just a simple experiment, God can defend and excuse himself if he doesn't want to spare people pain for the next 24 days.

He says in Jeremiah that in the new covenant he won't send anyone to talk to his people on his behalf: Everyone will know him

Jeremiah 31v33-34
...I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD...

I don't want anyone making excuses for God.

*****This is not a thread on who or what God is, please if you want to discuss the concept of god, there is a thread that discusses that by AQuestion******

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: reference

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: gifts

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: Added Excuse

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
wouldn't this be a massive imposition upon free will/choice? I hear where you're coming from, but at the same time, what if 'God' is somewhat of a hands off experimenter that lets humanity go about their lives in the construct that is Earth, unhindered, for the most part.
edit on 5-6-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Bah.

Faster test. I will ask God to have a million dollars magically appear on my desk in the next ten seconds.

update: no million dollars have appeared on my desk sadly. I guess that disproved the biblical god then.

Pity that though, I would have quite enjoyed knowing the true form of a deity...not to mention having a million dollars.

maybe your crime rate thing will work out better, but frankly, preliminary tests I did doesn't look very encouraging...and hell, I wasn't even trying to effect anyone else in that request...just myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto
wouldn't this be a massive imposition upon free will/choice? I hear where you're coming from, but at the same time, what if 'God' is somewhat of a hands off experimenter that lets humanity go about their lives in the construct that is Earth, unhindered, for the most part.

Right, well, the problem with the test is that it interferes with other peoples desires...the ops may want and pray for no crime, however, a crime lord on the other side of the world may be praying for vengence and whatever else..aka, crime.

Since god doesn't play favorites, it sounds to me like the best answer is "no"...

now, a request effecting you and you alone seems to be fair game for your free will..hense my request for a million dollars...also, perhaps growing an extra nose or something like that may also be fine considering it doesn't effect someone elses free will.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by xacto

Right, well, the problem with the test is that it interferes with other peoples desires...the ops may want and pray for no crime, however, a crime lord on the other side of the world may be praying for vengence and whatever else..aka, crime.

Since god doesn't play favorites, it sounds to me like the best answer is "no"...

now, a request effecting you and you alone seems to be fair game for your free will..hense my request for a million dollars...also, perhaps growing an extra nose or something like that may also be fine considering it doesn't effect someone elses free will.

I have also performed this experiment and given great thought to the million dollars itself - since that money has to come from somewhere and cannot affect other people, I decided I had to be clever about it.
Therefore - I only ask God, that all the missing pennies - unclaimed - laying on the streets - throughout the world - be delivered to me. I came up with this idea over 20 years ago - still waiting....

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There is a better way. God does not allow you to test Him. He is incapable of failing wisdom and truth and therefore, His actions are only toward the supreme good. Your supposition amounts to testing God. This is doubt aimed toward getting God to react. You are out of luck. There is a better way, as I stated above.

The better way is this: God will test you. Ask God to show you proof. That's it. There is one expectation. Before you ask, you must fast from unrighteousness. Take a week of your life and live life apart from pride and sin. As you do this, ask God to show Himself to you through wisdom and truth. As the week progresses, the synchronicities will be undeniable. Everywhere you turn, you will experience God. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be open. Apart from living correctly and making the proper choices, God will not be found by you. This is not a test of God. It is Him acting on his promise. This is a test for you.

He does not act in duplicity. We are the only ones who are capable of this. His actions are always toward the supreme good. By asking Him to perform in your test, you are asking Him to be duplicitous.

Originally posted by LiveEquation
I always hear people say science cannot prove or disprove the existence of the christian god. On the contrary, science has and i will show just using a simple experiment where:

Null Hypothesis: God doesn't exist
Alternative Hypothesis: God exists

Experimental design:

The verses below will be used as a way of assessing existence of God

Matthew 7:7,8,11
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened...If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!.

Hebrews 11v1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

In this experiment we will ask God to reduce global crime incidences to zero every single day for the next 24 days beginning 0001hrs EST June 6th. Since God is better than fathers who wouldn't want their children hurt, we expect God to protect everyone from harm for the next 24 days.

Data Collection:
Number of crime incidences will be collected from various sources online and locally. The number of daily incidences will be posted here with sources every single day for record keeping. I encourage people from all over the world with data+reference to post as well.

Statistical Analysis and Results
Empirical data will be analyzed on June 30th and the results will be posted here. Analytical tests will determine if the number of daily global crime incidences were any different from zero.

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: reference

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: gifts

edit on 5-6-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Could you please not quote my whole post...thanks

Matthew 7v11
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

God wishes no one evil from above verse, i don't see how asking him to stop evil is not a good thing. He said he will deliver. I derive utility from seeing people not getting hurt. That's my gift. Peace!

please read my edited first post on making excuses for god.

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: days

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: delete

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
and cannot affect other people

Maybe an experiment that doesnt affect anyone at all. Some pennies that you claim might hypotheticall need to be found by a more needy person next week.
A computerised random number generater, or a dice throwing program or a coin tossing program. All virtual, will not have an affect on anyone else.

For example, if the following website generates exactly the random numbers that you previously asked God for, then that would be proof.
random.org

But I'll bet you a million internets that it doesnt happen.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

We can still give people the choice to commit a crime, but the drop in crime rate could be due to comical circumstance preventing that from happening.

Or is it an imposition upon my free will that I am not the King of England or that I am unable to climb Mt Everest? Circumstances change a lot, and I have regularly had circumstances change that prevented me from doing something I wanted to do...so why couldn't the deity in question do this?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!."
Your experiment rests on the premise that the author of the book of mathew had a perfect understanding of god. "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ROFLMAO! I hope that second quote isn't supposed to support your premise that the existence of god would require said deity to capitulate to your desires. It says to me that faith is still believing without evidence. I remember the day that I angrily told my dad that I had asked god for something and he didn't answer me. He looked at me like I was crazy. He said, "God did answer you. The answer was NO!" If I asked you whether you would do anything for your kids, you would probably say "Of course I would! I would do ANYTHING for my kids!" What do you say when they ask to stay up past bedtime? I ask you, if you had a six year old who heard from one of his buddies that having someone perform oral sex on you was fun, and that child asked you to perform said act on them, what would you say? Do you have kids? Would you do anything for them? Get over yourself. This is the most poorly designed experiment that I have ever heard of.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I guess I was not clear either. God's laws are set. You are asking Him to act when He has already set the parameters for reality. You are asking Him to adjust his parameters. For good to exist, there must be the possibility for evil. This is not His choice to create evil. Our choices create our world. God already made His choices. His laws are inexorable and true. The universe operates from these laws and we operate within these laws. We are the observers of His reality. We collapse the wave of probability and possibility from what He set in motion. His choices are complete. Infinity is at rest. Material reality is in motion. We deal with this, not Him.

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Could you please not quote my whole post...thanks

Matthew 7v11
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

God wishes no one evil from above verse, i don't see how asking him to stop evil is not a good thing. He said he will deliver. I derive utility from seeing people not getting hurt. That's my gift. Peace!

please read my edited first post on making excuses for god.

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: days

edit on 5-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: delete

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
"God" as I see it is outside time so this experiment would be null.

Akin to layin fleeces in the grass too see if they cover with "dew" no matter the color.

Testing and wrestling with God is an internal struggle against nature and ours...

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Again, Please do not quote my posts...just reply! ( it is annoying!)
There is a thread that you may comment in on who or what you think god is: It is a thread by AQuestion, it is at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by treespeaker

There is a thread that you may comment in on who or what you think god is: It is a thread by AQuestion, it is at
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Forevever
and cannot affect other people

Some pennies that you claim might hypotheticall need to be found by a more needy person next week.

True true, I failed to include the homeless factor...

As for the random number generators.... meh... I haven't programmed anything in years nor do I care to dig into the new languages, but its very popular opinion (especially where poker is concerned) that there's something wrong with them in general (I disagree but like I said.. I can't be bothered) - so that doubt alone wouldnt be a good scientific test either... they'll just say it was fixed

But I think you're on the right track, and I'll definitely give it more thought

The OP test doesn't take into account that God may require suffering of some, for others to appreciate that they are not suffering. I mean if everyone was happy.... how would they know?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You wrote:

["I guess I was not clear either. God's laws are set. You are asking Him to act when He has already set the parameters for reality."]

Holy macaroni. The days of self-contained circle-argumentation are apparantly not over.

"I define the situation, so the only optional answer are those proving my basic assumptions".

Here's the equally stupid flying spaghetti monster version:

"As 'gods' go, the flying spaghetti monster is superior to Jahveh, and he has actually blocked Jahveh from using his (Jahveh's) small pathetic attempts of manifesting divine magic in mundane life".

This nonsense 'proves' the flying spaghetti monster as THE superior 'god'. Can anyone disprove it?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
DAY 1
=====

Woman and child killed in double shooting today
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Five US troops killed in Iraq attack
www.nytimes.com...

Man killed in suspected botched drug deal
www.mysanantonio.com...

I wont post anymore today after these three incidents
edit on 6-6-2011 by LiveEquation because: Day 1

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

my conscept on the bible is god was the guy who set the morals in place, the mesiah son of him "jesus" continued his morals in a book that evolved in primative minds to become a religion.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You're going to put God to the Test? That is absurd, at best. You have a critical unspoken, underlying assumption - that God has no interest, either way, in the crime rate. A little facepalm is in order here.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
You're going to put God to the Test? That is absurd, at best. You have a critical unspoken, underlying assumption - that God has no interest, either way, in the crime rate. A little facepalm is in order here.

A 'god' with alleged footprints can be tested.

A 'god' without footprints is just one vague candidate amongst 3.500 options.

You're not suggesting that 'god' is to be evaluated on the basis of the rules postulating him from the start, are you?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

I,will not put my GOD TO TEST.......Matthew 4:7 ........Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"

Galatians 6:7,....Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

,NOW I,LIKE HOW THEY WROTE THIS UP.

However, it’s not quite as black-and-white as it might seem. The scriptures also suggest otherwise in many places. For instance, in Hebrews 11, a section often referred to as the faith chapter, we read, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” (11.1). Faith, at least according to this passage, is knowing or believing in something without empirical proof. Then there’s Deuteronomy 6.16 “Do not test the Lord your God,” a verse Jesus quoted when he was tempted in the desert (Luke 4.12). And although it was Paul who said to “test everything” in the letter he wrote to the Thessalonians, he also penned a letter to the Corinthians and said “we should not test the Lord” (1 Corinthians 10.9).

So, which is it? Test God to see if we ought to put our faith there, or JUST follow because we have faith?

In the end, faith is faith. We cannot prove much,Aristotle suggested that everything we see, touch, taste, and experience is really just a shadow of reality. Quantum Physics suggests that we only exist only so long as we’re beheld. And God seems to refuse to be tested in any way we might recognize. Apparently, it’s only in the believing that “proof” can be discovered. Perhaps the writer of the Wisdom of Solomon (one of the Apocryphal books): God is found by those who do not put him to the test, and manifests himself to those who do not distrust him”.

So, what is it Paul is suggesting we “test” in the letter to the Thessalonians? A hint is found in the adjoining verses and is perhaps best expressed when read through the translation The Message: “Don’t suppress the Spirit, and don’t stifle those who have a word from the Master. On the other hand, don’t be gullible. Check out everything, and keep only what’s good. Throw out anything tainted with evil” (1 Thessalonians 5.19-22). Indeed, John writes that we are to test the spirits to see if they’re from God “because there are many false prophets” (1 John 4.1). In other words, according to the full context of scripture, tests are generally reserved to find out if people claiming to represent God actually do.

Dr. Eugenie Scott, executive director of the National Center for Science Education, has said (along with others), "You can't put God in a test tube." However, anyone familiar with Reasons To Believe knows that RTB scholars have carved out a niche in the apologetics landscape with a biblical and scientific creation model that answers the question in the title above in the affirmative. In Origins of Life (page 33), authors Fuz Rana and Hugh Ross explore the idea of testing a biblical and scientific model. They note that scientists already are engaged in efforts to probe intelligent causation: Science also possesses the capacity to investigate intelligent causes. Archaeologists study artifacts produced by human intelligence. Anthropologists study the bipedal primate fossil record to discriminate between stones intelligently shaped into tools and those formed by the forces of nature. The search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI) is a search for signatures in the cosmos that reflect the existence of aliens living in another star system. Crick and Orgel's directed panspermia appeals to intelligent activity to explain life's first appearance on Earth—an idea they demonstrate to be testable. By extension, life's appearance on Earth by a supernatural, extra-universal Intelligence should also be detectable and testable. Prohibiting an appeal to the supernatural places a false restriction on science's capability. By limiting available scientific explanations to material explanations alone, naturalists hinder science's capacity to discover truth. The goal is no longer to discover the most plausible explanation but rather to identify a more or less naturalistic explanation. If a Creator exists and has intervened in the natural realm, His activity (in principle) should be detectable by inference from what a researcher can verify directly with his or her senses. Science, in that way, can probe the supernatural.

Recent scientific evidence is adding to the evidence supporting the reliability of biblical chronology from the scriptures. This study demonstrated the reliability of the Biblical record regarding the Egyptian plagues and demise of Jericho. Drs. Hendrik J. Bruins and Johannes van der Plicht reported in the prestigious British journal, Nature (14), that the destruction of Jericho was dated to 1580 (+/- 13 years) B.C. (using 14C dating). This date is significant, since several archeologists have insisted that Jericho was destroyed by the Egyptians between 1550 and 1300 B.C. The recent study discredits the Egyptian theory, since the date is much too old. What is even more exciting is that scientists, using 14C dating and tree rings, have found evidence of a volcanic eruption from the Aegean island of Thera, which recently has been dated to 1628 B.C. (15). This would place the eruption at 45 years prior to the destruction of Jericho, at a time which coincidentally corresponds to the time of the plagues the Lord unleashed upon Egypt. Check out Exodus 10: Then the Lord said to Moses, "Stretch out your hand toward the sky, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even a darkness which may be felt." So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and there was thick darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days. (Exodus 10:21-22) Even the researchers commented that the 45 years difference in events was "rather striking."
...In short my dear friend,I don't go along with this thread. I,will not test my bible or Gods word.There is so much proof out there about the bible. I,could go on and on.If everyone studied all the facts.They would be surprised.I,will not test my LORD. But I,will test EVIL.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join