It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golan: Israel troops fire on pro-Palestinian protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Golan: Israel troops fire on pro-Palestinian protesters

www.bbc.co.uk

Israeli troops have fired on pro-Palestinian protesters in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, with Syrian state TV saying 20 are dead.

The protesters defied razor-wire fences and ditches along the Syrian border in Golan to mark the 44th anniversary of the 1967 Middle-East war.

Israel had vowed to prevent a repeat of a similar march last month, in which hundreds of people breached the fence.

The US state department said it was "troubled" by the "loss of life".

"We call for all sides to exercise restraint," it said. "Provocative actions like this should be avoided."

Sever
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The most odious regime of the western allies, Israel continues to flout international law, and backed by the US is never going to be sanctioned by the UN.

Many believe the propaganda war perpetrated by those in power, but the truth is far simpler.

Israel is a rogue state.

But it is a rogue state that has the backing of powerfull nations.

I am continually sickened by what I see from Israel - I know they are in a virtual state of war, but their actions only produce more extremists.

Or maybe that's the point.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

As does Syria, which is backed by Russia and China...

The Golan is occupied because of the 6 day war. The UN resoluton ending all of that called for Israel to return Golan, Gaza, Sainai and the west bank.

What people ignore is it also called for arab government to recognize Israels right to exist, which they did not.

The Palestinians didnt even sign onto that UN resolution until the lates 80's/early 90s with the Oslo accord. Sainai was returned with the caveat it is demilitarized. Israel agreed to return all of the other territory in exchange for peace treaties with the surrounding countries.

As of today, that has not occured. The PA government in the west bank violated the Un resolution they signed onto by having Hamas in power, which does not recognize the right for israel to exist.

As far as the deaths.. rule of thumb, dont walk into a militarized zone and attempt to cross a border. plain and simple...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

hmmmmmmm and if the US military shot at Mexicans trying to get through the borders, thats ok?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
United States is "troubled" by the "loss of life". Yet we went to war with Libya to stop the "loss of life".

Go figure..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

All very simple, and one sided.

There's far more to it than that, as well you know.

Israel are the aggressors, simple as that.

I see the same people that praised the downfall of the berlin wall supporting this one.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
United States is "troubled" by the "loss of life". Yet we went to war with Libya to stop the "loss of life".

Go figure..

Fighting to save lives is like having recreational sex for celibacy - it doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
disgusting, really what else is there to say about this anymore?? and whats worse is those guns were most likely purchased with american tax payer money!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The Golan is occupied because of the 6 day war. The UN resoluton ending all of that called for Israel to return Golan, Gaza, Sainai and the west bank.

What people ignore is it also called for arab government to recognize Israels right to exist, which they did not.

In another thread I recently created, i mentioned it is AGAINST THE LAW to acquire land by military conquest. It is NOT against the law to not recognize Israel as the legitimate state of the Jews. Doing that would relinquish the Palestinians right to return because they would have formally recognized it as a Jewish state.

So you cannot compare Israels military conquest to Palestinians not willing to recognize Israel.
edit on 5-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Here is the situation, and a simple truth:

If you illegally cross the border between two countries, or cross into the no-mans land which effective makes up a border, and if you defy the warnings of the border patrol to stop while demonstrating violent intent toward them - YOU WILL BE SHOT. That does not go just for Israel, but for every country in the world. No country in the world will allow its territory to be penetrated by hooligans and vandals, or anyone else for that matter. Go ahead - give it a try. This goes double for borders between two hostile countries that have been at war numerous times.

I am not, and never was a supporter of Israel. I don't really care too much for either side. But these illegal border crossings are no doubt being sponsored by the Syrian regime, which itself is currently killing protesters in mass. Whoever is retarted enough to try and illegal cross a border with Israel deserves to get shot. That also goes for those who do this s**t for money.

But I guess none of this matters to those with an agenda huh? If you demonize Israel regardless of what it does, you don't really care - you just want to jump on an opportunity to beat your drum.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
disgusting, really what else is there to say about this anymore?? and whats worse is those guns were most likely purchased with american tax payer money!!!!!!!

This is an outrage! How dare a country defend its borders, and use guns. What are borders for anyway? Lets do away with them, and the guns, and everything else that's evil and scary. Then we can all drink the fruity cool-aid while piloting our hipster pink unicorns and pissing rainbows.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

Hmmm, "illegal" border crossings.

As if humans hadn't crossed all boundaries already.

Boundaries do not, and never have worked, end of story.

Boundaries mean ownership, and who the hell are you or anyone else to tell me that I do not have an equal stake in this planet, and can go where I like?

Listen, just because a few people have come up with a way to make us believe that paper is money, doesn't mean everyone has to go along with it.

edit on 5/6/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

You're completely 100% wrong. let me explain.

Golan heights was captured during the Six-Day war. Meaning Israel militarily conquered it by force and held onto it after the war. That is illegal in the international law. So in translation, Israel holds de facto control of the Golan heights, but not legitimate ownership. The Golan Heights is still part of Syria and has to be returned one day by law.

Palestinians or Syrians crossing the border into the Golan heights was not them breaching Israels border, but them breaching the makeshift border between the Syrian Golan and Syria.

So again, Golan Heights is a military occupation and conquest. It is illegal. Israel is not aloud to be there based on international law. Syrians crossing the border to go into the Golan to reclaim their right to live there after being pushed out by the military of Israel in '67 is totally justifiable.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

In another thread I recently created, i mentioned it is AGAINST THE LAW to acquire land by military conquest.

What LAW would that be? And what if one acquired the land in question as a result of a failed conquest attempt by country whose land was acquired?

It is NOT against the law to not recognize Israel as the legitimate state of the Jews.

Nobody prevent anyone from not recognizing Israel. It is for illegally crossing borders that moron get shot for - and crossing the border is against the law.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by maloy

let me explain.

What?

Explain why Israel has been given a mandate to do whatever it wants?

Explain how that's progress?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

Originally posted by wingsfan

This is an outrage! How dare a country defend its borders, and use guns. What are borders for anyway? Lets do away with them, and the guns, and everything else that's evil and scary. Then we can all drink the fruity cool-aid while piloting our hipster pink unicorns and pissing rainbows.

defending borders? there is always some spat over there that usually ends up like this and it's always NOT israel's fault. they KNEW these people were gonna do this, and truth be told they shouldn't of, but killing 20?!?! don't rainbow on my unicorn and tell him it's raining.
edit on 5-6-2011 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maloy

In another thread I recently created, i mentioned it is AGAINST THE LAW to acquire land by military conquest.

What LAW would that be? And what if one acquired the land in question as a result of a failed conquest attempt by country whose land was acquired?

It is NOT against the law to not recognize Israel as the legitimate state of the Jews.

Nobody prevent anyone from not recognizing Israel. It is for illegally crossing borders that moron get shot for - and crossing the border is against the law.

International law - you should try reading it sometime.

Or, maybe, if someone came into your house and declared it was their own, we should let them have your house?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Boundaries do not, and never have worked, end of story.

So should we open them all and let everyone go where ever they want to? Lets start with the US opening the Mexico border - I mean really opening it - no patrols, no border crossing stations - nothing.

Boundaries mean ownership, and who the hell are you or anyone else to tell me that I do not have an equal stake in this planet, and can go where I like?

So can I move into your house then? Go ahead and cross a boundary of any nation without premission, you will see who has the right to tell you what boundaries you can't cross. You may think you can freely roam the whole world whenever you wish - but there are many others in the world who will disagree with you.

Listen, just because a few people have come up with a way to make us believe that paper is money, doesn't mean everyone has to go along with it.

So let me have all of your useless paper money, and I will give you some awsome shiny beads.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

It's not YOUR country, any more than it is ISRAELs country.

The earth belongs to everyone - not bankers and politicians and power brokers.

Just because YOU accept their nonsense piece of paper, it doesn't mean others have to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join