It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Palestinians not interested in solution based on 1967 borders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

How about you knock off the personal attacks and act civilized. Think you can try that? Why drag the thread into a personal back and forth?

My post addresses parts of your post. Not all of them, because some of the points we arent going to find common ground on. Why try to convice each other when 40 pages later we have not made any advancement?

If thats what you want, name calling and a thread derail, I am sure we can acheive it. However, it serves no purpose, and quite frankly I am tired of lowering my standards in that area in an effort to debate people who can only debate in that manner.

your call, which is it? Can we just move on?
edit on 5-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulofBlack

That's nice. In reality though it's simply the Gaza Strip and Hamas which is being used as a tool and is the source of all unrest.

I suppose the continued military aggression and occupation, paired with rampant land theft and continued ethnic cleansing in Jerusalem is all sunshine and daffodils.

Hamas has been trying to work with Fatah and Israel; hell when it was elected in 2006, Hamas tried to engage Israel in diplomacy. As you point out, it's been Israel refusing to talk, not the other way around. And no, before it's brought up, Hamas has no more need to totally disavow violence before talks than Israel does; Nor must Hamas recognize Israel any more than Israel needs to recognize Hamasistan. These are the reasons for engaging in talks.

Abbas knows this and so do any rational people. I will admit I was wrong about Israel's leaders on the day that they refuse to negotiate in a Hamas-free zone. The Arab state leaders simply do not want a Jewish state and use it as a tool to rally their people to cover their own corruption.

Quick, it's time for everyone's favorite internet game show, "How Many Vapid Talking Points Can You Wedge Into One Post!" I'm your host, the handsome and charming Walking Fox. Today's guest is ATS's own SoulofBlack, and his count is up to three vapid talking points in one post! First the canard of how it's all Hamas's fault, followed through by the one-two combo of "they hate Jews" and "it's just a cover! Let's see if he can continue his streak!

The leaders of EVERY Arab state have voiced willingness to work with Israel. Egypt, Morocco, and Jordan have full diplomatic relations with Israel. Saudi Arabia and Syria engage in regular trade with Israel despite lack of formal diplomatic relations. Iraq is considering initiating such relations. None of these nations have any real problem with Israel being there these days.

While some politicians exploit the situation to cover their own corruption - as I pointed out, Israel's politicians are no different - this doesn't change the fact that even if they didn't, the people of these states would be for the Palestinian cause. After all, International law is with the Palestinians, so why not the rank-and-file of various Arab nations? Hell, plenty of Israelis are with the Palestinians on this as well. it also hasn't stopped those people from trying to topple those corrupt politicians - and I can't help but note that Israel has consistently opposed any such attempts by the people of Arab nations. Hmmm.

This is seen through Lebanon and today in Syria.

No, point of fact it's not. Lebanon's sole interest in Israel these days is keeping Israel the hell out of Lebanon. Syria wants Golan back, but in all honesty, Assad - corrupt bastard that he is - has still had the fairest and most rational response to the situation; follow international law to the letter, then start negotiations.

If I were completely one sided, I would not admit to what I stated above nor would I say peace can be achieved overnight with West Bank overnight with Hamas and that Abbas can be a leader for peace. He fears for his safety in going against Hamas. This is called a rational thought process.

Funny then that it's been Israel threatening Abbas for working with Hamas, and not Hamas threatening him for working with Israel, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

How about you knock the personal attacks off and act civilized. Think you can try that? Why drag the thread into a personal back and forth?

It's not personal. You are misrepresenting facts, and your rebuttal to my corrections amounted to "lol whutevr d00d" prior to your edits.

If it were personal, I'd be bringing your mother into this; if you're going to go, go for the gold, right?

My post addresses parts of your post. Not all of them, because some of the points we arent going to find common ground on. Why try to convice each other when 40 pages later we have not made any advancement?

For instance, I'm not likely to agree that a well-armed paramilitary force murdering civilians and herding them out of their homes into permanent exile constitutes a "civil war." Nor will I agree that launching an invasion against your neighbor that culminates in colonization of their territory constitutes "defense." Nor will I accept an argument that a UN member state is immune from UN resolutions just because it doesn't like them.

In other words, I don't buy lies.

If thats what you want, name calling and a thread derail, I am sure we can acheive it. However, it serves no purpose, and quite frankly I am tired of lowering my standards in that area in an effort to debate people who can only debate in that manner.

Lowering your standards? Buddy, with the way you're going, you'd have to elevate your standards to reach "internet slap fight." You're already down there somewhere between "Cheering for Katrina" and "holocaust denial."

As for purpose, it serves to entertain me. it also informs you exactly what I think of your grotesque misrepresentations of reality.

If you dislike this, perhaps you should stop the distortions and obfuscations.

your call, which is it? Can we just move on?

I'm fine. If you want to continue this discussion though, you're going to have to start accepting reality and cease making up your own.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
well, as expected my thread has been hijacked by *tptb*!

so typical

edit on 6-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 6-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
nvm.. Not going to sink to your level and assist in derailing the thread.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
luckily kennedy wasn't israeli. if he used israeli logic, then world war 3 would have happened 50 times over.

the egyptians were so prepared for an invasion that they were defeated in 6 days. do know why they were defeated in six days.

because they had absolutely no clue israel was about to attack. their air force was destroyed in hours.

it was a complete and unprovoked surprise attack.

a nation on the verge of war would have clashed with israel within minutes. and would be able to defend themselves. and if an attack was imminent the egyptians would have had a battle plan, tanks fueled and soldiers ready and an air force ready to strike in minutes. there was none of that.

they were like fish in a barrel. the israeli's saw weakness, they saw jordan and egypt unprepared and used the excuse of an imminent attack to justify a land grab.

and the israeli's weren't super soldiers, they were heavily outgunned, outclassed and outnumbered. the fact is this invasion must of been months in the planning and training. that's proof it wasn't a spur of the moment, desperate attempt to ward of destruction like they claim. they knew were to hit, what targets and were to go.

if egypt was ready to attack, tanks would have been hidden and defended, planes would be in bunkers protected and soldiers ready for war.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by backinblack
So I'm guessing non of you preaching Israel's right to all this land has actually found a map showing what Israel considers it's borders???

Kind of odd don't you think??

Here you go! Everyone seems to think that Israel should go back to their 1967 or 1948 border, and had one member here say go back to their 1947 border (despite what you may think, this isn't funny).

If everyone wants to keep pushing dates back, lets go back 2000 years.

It only looks like more land is owed to Israel.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a1c5603f80a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 5/6/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

Look it's the fairytale map. I can draw a map up and say god gave me north and south America doesn't make it true. It's funny here god is all knowing and he forgets to give the Jews a deed to the land.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Land belongs to whoever seizes it. It's a stupid argument to say that land belongs to whoever was there first. Because if it was like that every country in this earth has some moving to do. Starting with America giving its land back to the indians and returning to Europe.

It's as simple as that. Land belongs to whomever manages to seize it. Period.
edit on 6-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by BiGGz

I beleive he is referring to UN resolution 242, which was rejected by arabs and palestinains. Palesinitians didnt sign onto it unitl the Oslo accords. The problem now is what was signed called for the recognitiion of Israel. Hamas does not recognize Israel.

now what

The problem is not that Palestinians don't recognize Israel, it is the opposite, Israel doesn't recognize Palestine's right to exist.

Israel already exists if you haven't noticed yet. So it doesn't matter whether a pissed off Palestinian faction throws rhetoric to make its desperate and helpless population feel dignified against the might of the occupying forces.

I strongly feel the Zionist regime of occupied Palestine has absolutely no intention of going for peace, I mean it isn't that difficult to take this verse and compare it to the current situation Palestinians are facing, and it is quiet obvious that peace won't be achieved as long as a Zionist regime controls that land:

"... And the LORD spoke unto Moses in the plains of Moab by the Jordan at Jericho, saying:'Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them: When ye pass over the Jordan into the land of Canaan, then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their figured stones, and destroy all their molten images, and demolish all their high places. And ye shall drive out the inhabitants of the land, and dwell therein; for unto you have I given the land to possess it.... But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then shall those that ye let remain of them be as thorns in your eyes, and as pricks in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land wherein ye dwell."
Numbers 33:50-55

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Me: Netanyahu, stop speaking for other people- do the usual and get other people to speak for you.

I think I need to go take a shower.
When will people just realize- maybe if you actually go and talk to these people face to face- and stop letting some guy in a nice suit tell you what those people are like- I mean its not that big of a place.
Its like, sure their are some Palestinians who don't want peace.
But trust me- I'm pretty sure most of them just want a normal life- same as the settlers spread amongst Israel, too, wish to dwell in peace with the exception of the Jews who preace racism.
For a peoples leader to make a statement like that blows my mind.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join