It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Own Story of Police Brutality..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by scghst1
reply to post by schuyler

You could have actually read the whole thing and seen my replies. Then you wouldn't feel the same. The whole thing was wrong.

I read as much as there was at the time I posted, which is all the replies previous to mine. You have not told the entire story here. You start in the middle. There is a significant gap here and that is what went on between you and the other guy and why. The bottom line so far here is that you pulled a knife on the guy; he didn't pull one on you. You belittle the fact that it was a "swiss army knife.' I agree, as will most people, yet you pulled it. That has me shaking my head in dismay. If you THOUGHT it was a weapon sufficient to defend you, then it was. The fact that it was a swiss army knife becomes less relevant by your own actions--kinda like saying, "Gee officer, it was only a .22!"

I'm not exactly siding with the cops here, but we certainly don't have their side of the story, or the side of your antagonist. This didn't "just happen" and we have your side only and it is very clear that you haven't laid out the entire sequence of events.

Why not post a newspaper account of the incident and let us judge for ourselves? Tell your antagonist you've started a thread here and let him tell his side as well.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was standing behind a guy at Firehouse Subs who was all beat up, and he was telling a guy that he'd been tased 3 times after they had handcuffed him.

He could have been lying I guess, but I tend to believe him.
I worked in the psychiatric field for years, and we did a good many forensic evaluations and had a good many forensic patients. I noticed during that time that our local police were harsh and would always want to put leg chains and arm chains on all the people, whereas most counties would use discretion and decide on a case by case basis.

It was also our local police who pulled a gun on one of my nurses one night and forced his way onto a unit - he did not want to hear that he did not have jurisdiction there or that he was breaking state law by having a gun on a mental unit. He could have got a lot of people killed. A nice nurse just doing her job should not have to put up with that crap either.

Another time I saw a local girl come in with major head trauma. I had to send her back to the hospital she came from. She wasn't even a mental patient - the cops picked her up having a seizure, and threw her in the back of the car cuffed. When she fell over seizing, they slammed the door on her head, busting her skull.

Then they brought her to me? I don't think so. Her big crime was not being able to afford her phenobarbital.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Thank you for all of you who posted constructively. I hate how whenever I post on ATS or see other people's posts, there are people who just simply come on here to push negatively on every subject. I wouldn't have posted my experience on an anonymous site if I wasn't and didn't tell the exact full truth to my side of the story. Furthermore, If I DID just want to hear sympathy from everyone I would have posted this on my Facebook, but alas, only my family knows this happened.

<< 1   >>

join