It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Own Story of Police Brutality..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Everything in this story is 100% true fact. The people involved were the Wayne County Sheriff's Dept. of New York (2 officers), my aunt, and of course, myself.

There was an incident that preceded the interactions with the police with another person, as to why I was under arrest.

My aunt and I were sitting in her car just about to leave Wal Mart in Macedon NY when we saw police cars pull up in front of our car and behind it. The officers walked up to my side of the car and knocked on the window in which i proceeded to put the window down and before I could even say anything the male officer, in a loud voice, told me to "Get out of the car". So I did. I was instantly told I was under arrest without even talking to the police before hand. I was then searched and everything in my pockets seized. They didn't put the handcuffs on me.... yet. I was just standing there talking to the police without my deposition even being taken, and no rights read. So after being quite pissed at all of this and pointing it out to the officers I said "That is EXACTLY why I don't trust police". The female officer came back from getting the deposition of the other person in which the incident preceding had been involved in, and they told me to turn around and put my hand behind my back. and so I did. Again, I was still not read my rights or told why I was being arrested. So I asked, "What exactly are you arresting me for?" and at that moment; mind you I was handcuffed and was already searched; I was slammed to the ground and my right eye-brow contacted. I was then taken from the Wal Mart parking lot to the closest hospital and had to get 6 stitches in my eye brow.

At no time during any of this was I told I was being charged with anything, read my rights, or had any reasonable right to be searched. And then I was physically harassed by officers resulting in over $8000 in medical expenses.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
are you able to post a picture of your scar?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is shocking and sadly not that uncommon. Years ago I was going to a Halloween party dressed as Rambo. I was walking down the street and this unmarked car pulled up, four guys jumped out and started frisking me. No identification, no mention of who they were. I was thinking of punching them and running (flight or flight) as I thought I was being mugged. My buddy said the same thing later. He thought we were being mugged.

Finally, one of them said (after I said what the F*K are you doing?) , "we are the police and we had a report of someone dressed as Rambo brandishing a knife."

Do you think for a minute, if I had punched one of them, or tried to defend myself, they would have said later that they didn't identify themselves, or given any indication as to who they where? They would have lied in unison and given a bogus story of how I was obnoxious and instigated something.

Thank goodness for YouTube and video camera's on cell phones. The truth is getting out.

I wish you luck in our complaint to the police forces.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Why is this in the gray area? was it moved?
Any pics to backup story?
How long ago was this?
What did you do, or what were you accused of?
Were you released with no arrest?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Perhaps having some knowledge of what you did would help understand. They should have told you and they shouldn't have roughed you up but I mean, if you killed a bunch of children then I could understand.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I had it in social unrest and civil issues but it was moved. I don't have pictures at this time but all in all I was charged with Menacing in the 2nd, Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 4th ( for a swiss army knife), and Resisting Arrest (so they could cover their @$$es). I was arraigned after I was released from the hospital and was put in jail with a 5000 bail / 10,000 bond. Right now I am on pre-trial release as my bail was lowered from 5, to 4, then to 1000 by a different judge in the same court who thought my charges and bail/bond were absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cocasinpry

I wasn't sure if I was going to post it but I guess I will now. I saw someone I was having problems with before and he was threatening me and was about to get out of his car when I opened my pocket knife and put it back in my pocket with my hand on it. Then he wrote a false deposition with the police and said I had it in his face pointing at him saying that I told him I was going to kill him if he didn't leave. Mind you, I have a witness for all of this and I wouldn't lie to my fellow ATS'ers. I know how people say "Everyone is innocent", but I really AM innocent in the charges that were put on me. I had a witness to all of this AND the security tapes from the parking lot where this happened. Which I am going to use to sue the Sheriff's Dept. for personal injury.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Yeah...
The no pics thing is gonna hurt the credibility of the story. they put cameras on everything now.
Those evil swiss army knives!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here is the picture of my injury about 10 days after it happened. Stitches were taken out at this time (obviously lol). Also, this happened on the night of 5/20.

Picture

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Just posted the pic.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Walmart should have security footage of the event. If you can't get them to release it nicely you can get it with a freedom of information act request. If your story is as you tell it, and we've no reason to think otherwise, you can not only get some of the more serious charges dismissed, you can prove that these particular cops are, how do you say...douchebags.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Got it!
Good on you as visual evidence would be a definate bonus if this matter gets to court.
It will probably be handled out of court though, and all of the ammo is useful.
Good luck!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thank you! I also have other pictures which can be subpoenaed if my lawyers feel like doing so of my booking photo at the jail which is much much worse than the picture I have shown here.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The thing is you state what happened to you and just barely alude to the fact that there was "an incident" where, as it turns out, you brandished a knife at "someone you were having issues with." So the guy calls the cops and says you threatened him with a knife. He doesn't say, "He threatened me with a swiss army knife." he says "a knife!" Do the cops know this is a swiss army knife? Of course not. All they know is "knife" and that means you're armed and THAT means they aren't going to take chances. Their first priority is to make sure you are disarmed. Maybe this "friend" of yours lied, but the cops don't know that.

And what do you do? Start running off at the mouth. You knew damn well why the cops stopped you yet you put on this "I'm innocent" schtick and "I don't trust the cops." Of course, we have no idea what this previous incident was all about or what the guy also said to the cops. You just conveniently leave that out of the story. Maybe your completely innocent of everything but being a smart mouth,

or maybe not.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Did I miss something or are you saying they never told you why they arrested you? Even after this incident, did they not give you a reason why they arrested you? Without any Miranda rights and the brutal force they inflicted on you, I would think you would have a case against the local police department.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It sounds like you know exactly why you were being arrested.... Considering you say multiple times that you were being arrested because of something that happened previously.

Yes, they should have read you your rights and all that...

But I am wondering... You imply they just slammed you to the ground for no reason... Is that REALLY true?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yeah that is REALLY true. I was standing there handcuffed and asked them I was being arrested. Then they threw me to the ground.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You could have actually read the whole thing and seen my replies. Then you wouldn't feel the same. The whole thing was wrong.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

They never told me why or what for I was being arrested for until I was arraigned in court. I didn't know why exactly I was being arrested. I had assumed it was because something the other guy had said had set them on a pretty hard path to "get me". The thing is, they never even asked me or talked to me about it. It was just an arrest they knew only one side of the story of. My aunt was with me and she could have deposed to them as well but then never even asked.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by scghst1
reply to post by g146541

Thank you! I also have other pictures which can be subpoenaed if my lawyers feel like doing so of my booking photo at the jail which is much much worse than the picture I have shown here.

Will you share this booking photo here?

I just want to make sure I have the story right:

You were verbally told you were being placed under arrest yet not cuffed.
When you mouthed off to cops, asked a question then you were thrown to the ground.
You were taken to the hospital and immiediately arraigned upon release. Sent to jail, bonded out.
You were never read your rights - even when booked.
You were never told why you were being arrested at the scene or at the hospital or at jail and not until arraignment.
Your aunt was there as a witness and never spoke up or asked questions.

Just seems to be a lot of holes and things left out.
edit on 6/5/2011 by inked up because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join