It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How Would You Describe God, What is Your Concept of Him

page: 2
11
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Awesome topic.


My concept of God is how Jezus Christ has walked on this world and all of his actions and sayings. Jezus came to forgive sinners, he came to give sight to the blind, healed people with terrible diseaces. All the followers He had, he didnt make a difference amongst them but shared all he had with everyone who was with him. He didnt say, ooh here a lawyer, i give you a bigger piece, or here a ceo, i give you the largest peace. No, He didnt do that. Yet, His way was one of where he offered life and forgiveness even to His enemy's and those who we people considered hopeless and lost in this world. Something i never see a so called christian doing anymore. Simply because Jezus didnt believe in money. All we did all this time is validating the materials surrounding us more worth then all the life surrounding us. At least thats how i see things in this world.. We have been milking the cow over and over and over again. And many are decieved and lost. All that just to see how much love truly resides in all of us. So good spirits and evil spirits walk this earth, but also loving spirits. And thats the key to open all doors. Trough showing true love is that which makes peace of totally no importance, Because when you truly love, peace is allready there!

So how i describe God or my concept of Him is rather that i look at the steps of the Lord and watch His deeds among men that are fallen under a terrible curse called sin. As sad as how it is, the thruth hurts many times, but knowing that God is real has given me more joyfull moments and blessings then i ever thought i could have experienced in a life lost in lie's and cry's. Many just dont believe, or create a God out of their own image, but looking closely at the Lord His way has revealed that God loves life, no mather if you are poor, rich, evil, good. Everyone is being compensated for their actions sooner or later!

So the saying; Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and love thou neighbour as yourself, still stands as a very thruth if you ever want to find Him.


ps: Everything is a proces, some things happen in a blink of an eye, somewhere else on the world, so it might take some time before it reaches you.




posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Now, my opinion :

I think I will never be able to give God an specific shape or form, but He can choose a representation, thru Jesus, Buddha, or some others who spreaded His words in the world. God can use a child, a homless or someone you hate, to reach you, but many times we are too blind, arrogants and selfish to recognize Him.


Dear Trueman,

I love it. Please tell me, if you will, what do you believe the charachteristics of these representations are?



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well, I am not sure where to start. I could not really define my faith, per se.

I feel that the Source or god with a capital G is not personified in the same sense as we are. There does not seem to be much that can be said about the most highest that does not compare it to something else, and this Source may well be beyond our comprehension, in its entirety, at least. I picked that up from taoism by the way.

Yet I also feel that the gods of different cultures all have their own individual flavour, like meeting siblings or cousins that are related, but quite different, nonetheless. I say this only because I have had enough experience with different traditions to form a personal opinion that all of the gods are "real" in some sense.

Certain oral traditions place great power in naming, so the many names of the gods have an existence that is in the act of naming in and of itself. There is also a certain significance to gods being the caretakers of certain elements or aspects of life, which I am not entirely sure of, as there are so many different opinions on the subject. Unless I can meet an ancient elemental deity, I will not know for sure.

I have had some experience with luciferian traditions, but not much, to be honest. There may be some luciferian groups out there with strong traditions, but I have yet to come in to any contact with them, as far as I know. Many groups that I have been in contact with touting themselves as luciferian are based around embracing "evil" and are little more than megalomania with a little chaos magic thrown in, in my opinion. Many of them do not really focus on the symbolic or literal interpretations of the lucifer/prometheus oral tradition; and do not take much notice of it's philosophical or "real" implications.

As a disclaimer, I am not currently aligned or in contact with any luciferian groups at this time, I just have a healthy curiosity for the subject.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Several others have described God as the consciousness of the universe, but I feel that this somewhat undervalues God's primacy.

God has no specific gender but incorporates all. The Christian Trinity describes God as The Father (male), The Son (male) and the Holy Spirit (female, male or genderless). In fact, several scriptures specifically describe the Holy Spirit with feminine (but non-physical) attributes. For simplicity sake I will go with the traditional description of God as male.

God is the originator and uncreated creator of the universe/s, as such, they reflect Him but He is far more than they are.

His is a mind beyond anything in our experience, so much so that ideals of instance, locality and personality are inadequate to describe Him.

He is a multi-personage and also a singular unity of personality. He is entirely outside of all constraints of time and space but also 'in' the tiniest subatomic speck and the smallest tick of the clock.

Everything we know and can know is from him and so cannot possibly describe him.

There is no "other" than God. He is the definition of all else, none of the all else can fully describe Him.

He described himself as "I AM".



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gap77
Awesome topic.


My concept of God is how Jezus Christ has walked on this world and all of his actions and sayings. Jezus came to forgive sinners, he came to give sight to the blind, healed people with terrible diseaces. All the followers He had, he didnt make a difference amongst them but shared all he had with everyone who was with him. He didnt say, ooh here a lawyer, i give you a bigger piece, or here a ceo, i give you the largest peace. No, He didnt do that. Yet, His way was one of where he offered life and forgiveness even to His enemy's and those who we people considered hopeless and lost in this world. Something i never see a so called christian doing anymore. Simply because Jezus didnt believe in money. All we did all this time is validating the materials surrounding us more worth then all the life surrounding us. At least thats how i see things in this world.. We have been milking the cow over and over and over again. And many are decieved and lost. All that just to see how much love truly resides in all of us. So good spirits and evil spirits walk this earth, but also loving spirits. And thats the key to open all doors. Trough showing true love is that which makes peace of totally no importance, Because when you truly love, peace is allready there!

So how i describe God or my concept of Him is rather that i look at the steps of the Lord and watch His deeds among men that are fallen under a terrible curse called sin. As sad as how it is, the thruth hurts many times, but knowing that God is real has given me more joyfull moments and blessings then i ever thought i could have experienced in a life lost in lie's and cry's. Many just dont believe, or create a God out of their own image, but looking closely at the Lord His way has revealed that God loves life, no mather if you are poor, rich, evil, good. Everyone is being compensated for their actions sooner or later!

So the saying; Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and love thou neighbour as yourself, still stands as a very thruth if you ever want to find Him.


ps: Everything is a proces, some things happen in a blink of an eye, somewhere else on the world, so it might take some time before it reaches you.






Dear Gap77,

I really loved your answer and the heart that would have such feelings. Please continue with us as we look at other perspectives.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I guess it's because I have a need to try and enlighten those poor, closed-minded, brainwashed individuals who believe EXACTLY what they are told by an institution that was developed to control the masses.
If you were told all your life that it was Oden who created the Sun and then the Earth was grown from a seed, would you blindly follow THAT story too?
If you were told that a giant turtle crawled out of the sea and that is what made the Earth would you blindly follow THAT story too?
No? Why? Is it because those stories provide NO PROOF WHATSOEVER and rely on nothing but closed-minded faith?
Ever tried actually researching WHY people believe is such far fetched tales? If not, try it.
I used to believe in far fetched tales then I asked myself "why is it, that a species that is soo smart, can believe in things that are so obviously make believe?". When I studied in to it, which took years, I found out why.
Try it, it sure beats being brainwashed into believing that Neptune is the god who lives in the sea, like you do. Or is that NOT what you believe in, because that's so unbelievable? Has it been proven that Neptune does NOT live in the sea?

Wake up and take a long hard look at those stories you blindly follow, you will soon see that Mohammed was just a man, NOT the son of some magical wizard like you've believed all your life just because your parents said he was.


edit on 5-6-2011 by manontrial because: spelling

edit on 5-6-2011 by manontrial because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigil23
Well, I am not sure where to start. I could not really define my faith, per se.

I feel that the Source or god with a capital G is not personified in the same sense as we are. There does not seem to be much that can be said about the most highest that does not compare it to something else, and this Source may well be beyond our comprehension, in its entirety, at least. I picked that up from taoism by the way.

Yet I also feel that the gods of different cultures all have their own individual flavour, like meeting siblings or cousins that are related, but quite different, nonetheless. I say this only because I have had enough experience with different traditions to form a personal opinion that all of the gods are "real" in some sense.

Certain oral traditions place great power in naming, so the many names of the gods have an existence that is in the act of naming in and of itself. There is also a certain significance to gods being the caretakers of certain elements or aspects of life, which I am not entirely sure of, as there are so many different opinions on the subject. Unless I can meet an ancient elemental deity, I will not know for sure.

I have had some experience with luciferian traditions, but not much, to be honest. There may be some luciferian groups out there with strong traditions, but I have yet to come in to any contact with them, as far as I know. Many groups that I have been in contact with touting themselves as luciferian are based around embracing "evil" and are little more than megalomania with a little chaos magic thrown in, in my opinion. Many of them do not really focus on the symbolic or literal interpretations of the lucifer/prometheus oral tradition; and do not take much notice of it's philosophical or "real" implications.

As a disclaimer, I am not currently aligned or in contact with any luciferian groups at this time, I just have a healthy curiosity for the subject.


Dear sigil23,

A nice explanation. There are Luciferian groups that are really atheists concerned only about the symbolism, but there are others that see him as real. Please stick around, maybe we will hear from one of them. I would like to hear it in their own words, wouldn't you find that interesting also?



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
reply to post by AQuestion
 


I guess it's because I have a need to try and enlighten those poor, closed-minded, brainwashed individuals who believe EXACTLY what they are told by an institution that was developed to control the masses.
If you were told all your life that it was Oden who created the Sun and then the Earth was grown from a seed, would you blindly follow THAT story too?
If you were told that a giant turtle crawled out of the sea and that is what made the Earth would you blindly follow THAT story too?
No? Why? Is it because those stories provide NO PROOF WHATSOEVER and rely on nothing but closed-minded faith?
Ever tried actually researching WHY people believe is such far fetched tales? If not, try it.
I used to believe in far fetched tales then I asked myself "why is it, that a species that is soo smart, can believe in things that are so obviously make believe?". When I studied in to it, which took years, I found out why.
Try it, it sure beats being brainwashed into believing that Neptune is the god who lives in the sea, like you do. Or is that NOT what you believe in, because that's so unbelievable? Has it been proven that Neptune does NOT live in the sea?

Wake up and take a long hard look at those stories you blindly follow, you will soon see that Mohammed was just a man, NOT the son of some magical wizard like you've believed all your life just because your parents said he was.


edit on 5-6-2011 by manontrial because: spelling

edit on 5-6-2011 by manontrial because: (no reason given)


Dear ManOnTrial,

What an apt moniker and how nice that you show yourself so quickly so that we can now completely ignore you. You are completely off post and violated the terms of the OP. Go away now and will also ask the moderator to remove your post for being off topic and you were given a chance.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Several others have described God as the consciousness of the universe, but I feel that this somewhat undervalues God's primacy.

God has no specific gender but incorporates all. The Christian Trinity describes God as The Father (male), The Son (male) and the Holy Spirit (female, male or genderless). In fact, several scriptures specifically describe the Holy Spirit with feminine (but non-physical) attributes. For simplicity sake I will go with the traditional description of God as male.

God is the originator and uncreated creator of the universe/s, as such, they reflect Him but He is far more than they are.

His is a mind beyond anything in our experience, so much so that ideals of instance, locality and personality are inadequate to describe Him.

He is a multi-personage and also a singular unity of personality. He is entirely outside of all constraints of time and space but also 'in' the tiniest subatomic speck and the smallest tick of the clock.

Everything we know and can know is from him and so cannot possibly describe him.

There is no "other" than God. He is the definition of all else, none of the all else can fully describe Him.

He described himself as "I AM".


Dear chr0naut,

What an elegant description you have provided. I really enjoy seeing him through your eyes. Please stick around and lets enjoy hearing how other people view their understanding of God. Peace.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

edit on 5-6-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Ok, I'll go. You keep your mind closed ok? Make sure you believe, without question, exactly what you are told, without any proof. And make sure you don't look for yourself won't ya? You might just find that you've been lied too, for the last 600 years since your Mohammed was invented.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
The ancients knew and understood that the universe itself is a fully conscious entity, it is aware of all things at all times. Look for yourself, this is very true.
It is THIS concept that has been twisted, mis-interpreted and twisted again and again into this most ludicrous of idiotic ideas that there is some 'being' or 'god' out there somewhere and that somehow we humans are important.
We are not.

"god", as you call it, is nothing more than the universal consciousness that permeates everything, everywhere. It's the same thing that you feel and identify as your 'self'.

To think of a 'god' as in the god of christianity, judaism, islam etc is akin to believing in santa claus, tooth fairy, wrestling or mickey mouse.


Beautiful. In the Bible God says he is spirit. That means he's everywhere at all times because spirit is not bound by the rules that we live in on earth with the constraints of a body and time.

You've just agreed with the Bibles interpretation of the existance of God while denying he's a separate being. That means you believe in the existene of the universe from a big bang that came about from absolutley nothing..... and you critisize the faith of religions?

Hilarious, you have more faith than all of them put together.

Grab a coffee, sit down and consider what you actually believe.... that everything came from nothing. Here's your formula (nothing+nothing=everything). Faith man, you have heaps more faith than all of us! I applaud you... really, I actually applaud you. Faith is rare these days and examining the power of your faith in 'everything from nothing' may yet lead you to what is actually more plausable, yet generally rejected, that there is more in other dimensions that we know nothing about, cannot undertstand or even see.

Did you know that deep sea fish don't know humans exist on land above them. Therefore we don't becuase they don't believe it. We are in a different world to them, one they cannot exist in. They can't get to us, but we can get to them and visit them. But the fact those deep sea creatures don't know we exist or prove we exist to other deepsea creatures, does not change the fact we do exist. Silly example, but there are silly people so it should be understood well enough.

There is more around us that is more real and permanent than we are. Accept it or not. It makes no difference to that reality as to whetehr you believe it exists or not. You will die and it will continue as it's not something that dies. Our puny little minds (as brilliant as some think they are) cannot fathom other dimensions that we exist within.


By the way 'manontrial' how did wrestling get lumped in with the tooth fairy, was there one called the tooth fairy?


edit on 5-6-2011 by daggyz because: skx



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz
 


Exactly. The people that wrote some of it actually understood what they knew. Those same people did NOT believe in a man coming back alive and performing magic.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
reply to post by daggyz
 


Exactly. The people that wrote some of it actually understood what they knew. Those same people did NOT believe in a man coming back alive and performing magic.


And if you can refrain from attacking them then you are welcome to remain and explain your belief better.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
God is Love, Light, and Truth.

God is us, each one of us is a little piece of that Light.

We have come to Earth, and inhabit human forms, until we die, and if we lived our lives properly, we will rejoin the Light.

Every choice we make, darkens or brightens the light of consciousness.

Make the right choices, and you'll be fine. Listen to your inner self, you will know what to do.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The collective trinity (mind-body-spirit) of all conscious life, which stemmed from the single, first, point of existence. "In the beginning there was the Word." This to me seems to speak of vibration like that of sound, and the first "word" was probably "AUM." We already know things vibrate, all things that is, and the highest vibration is that of God - unbound, complete, perfect love.

You wanted a gnostic viewpoint:

Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where did you come from?', say to them, 'We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your father in you?', say to them, 'It is movement and repose.'"

Movement, to me, seems to mean vibration, like that of love. Repose, to me, means freedom to rest (liberation over one's ego). I believe we are "children of God," that we are innately divine beings undergoing a maturing process and gaining experiences - death is nothing to be feared as we are immortal and always reincarnating. In that sense, we all have the potential to be like a Christ, or a Buddha, etc. like that of the "Christ consciousness" or spiritual enlightenment. We are somewhat disconnected from God while we are here, but we can seek him out from within us.

I do believe all things happen for a reason, but God does not readily interfere with this plane of existence. This universe is the ultimate example of free will. However, we are capable of manipulating this reality, like when Jesus raised the dead, healed the sick, turned sand into gold (an Islamic story) and so on. Becoming One with God and each other would enable such things..

As a side note, I do believe in most religions (I didn't until recently). I took up Christianity on my own (I was mostly atheist and thought "God" was a fairytale when I was a kid) because certain events and awakenings took place in my life. As time went on, I have learned to look at other schools of thought and am learning to embrace them so that I can paint a better and more full picture of the mountain we must all climb at one point or another. While I have been looking at gnostic text on my journey (which began a day or two after me saying something like, "I just want to know you better"), and I do seem to refer to myself as a "gnostic" (but I use it more as a blanket term as someone who is constantly seeking), I don't really share the belief in the whole demiurge thing: that this existence was a mistake because it can seem imperfect and was created by an imperfect being separate from God. I don't see it as that, but I can see how some might.

In the end, God is love.

edit on 5/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse
God is Love, Light, and Truth.

God is us, each one of us is a little piece of that Light.

We have come to Earth, and inhabit human forms, until we die, and if we lived our lives properly, we will rejoin the Light.

Every choice we make, darkens or brightens the light of consciousness.

Make the right choices, and you'll be fine. Listen to your inner self, you will know what to do.


How lovely your answer is. We disagree on some aspects that I will bring up at a later time, I waiting for the rest of us who wish to discuss to get here. Peace.



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Ok, your question may as well be "How would you describe Isis, What is your concept of her?"
Or is believing in Isis just ridiculous?
How about "How would you describe Quetzelcoatl, What is your concept of him?"
Or is belivieving in Quetzelcoatl ridiculous?

I mean c'mon man. Do YOU really believe that Hercules killed a minotaur? Do ya? If so, why? If not, why not?



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
The collective trinity (mind-body-spirit) of all conscious life, which stemmed from the single, first, point of existence. "In the beginning there was the Word." This to me seems to speak of vibration like that of sound, and the first "word" was probably "AUM." We already know things vibrate, all things that is, and the highest vibration is that of God - unbound, complete, perfect love.

You wanted a gnostic viewpoint:

Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where did you come from?', say to them, 'We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your father in you?', say to them, 'It is movement and repose.'"

Movement, to me, seems to mean vibration, like that of love. Repose, to me, means freedom to rest (liberation over one's ego). I believe we are "children of God," that we are innately divine beings undergoing a maturing process and gaining experiences - death is nothing to be feared as we are immortal and always reincarnating. In that sense, we all have the potential to be like a Christ, or a Buddha, etc. like that of the "Christ consciousness" or spiritual enlightenment. We are somewhat disconnected from God while we are here, but we can seek him out from within us.

I do believe all things happen for a reason, but God does not readily interfere with this plane of existence. This universe is the ultimate example of free will. However, we are capable of manipulating this reality, like when Jesus raised the dead, healed the sick, turned sand into gold (an Islamic story) and so on. Becoming One with God and each other would enable such things..

As a side note, I do believe in most religions (I didn't until recently). I took up Christianity on my own (I was mostly atheist and thought "God" was a fairytale when I was a kid) because certain events and awakenings took place in my life. As time went on, I have learned to look at other schools of thought and am learning to embrace them so that I can paint a better and more full picture of the mountain we must all climb at one point or another. While I have been looking at gnostic text on my journey (which began a day or two after me saying something like, "I just want to know you better"), and I do seem to refer to myself as a "gnostic" (but I use it more as a blanket term as someone who is constantly seeking), I don't really share the belief in the whole demiurge thing: that this existence was a mistake because it can seem imperfect and was created by an imperfect being separate from God. I don't see it as that, but I can see how some might.

In the end, God is love.

edit on 5/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)


Dear AdamsMurmur,

I actually find the gnostic view quite elegant also. I am not a gnostic; but, am a Christian, yet I see some love in the gnostics. I do not see that in all belief sets so it is greatly appreciated. It is lovely to have you here,



posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
reply to post by AQuestion
 


Ok, your question may as well be "How would you describe Isis, What is your concept of her?"
Or is believing in Isis just ridiculous?
How about "How would you describe Quetzelcoatl, What is your concept of him?"
Or is belivieving in Quetzelcoatl ridiculous?

I mean c'mon man. Do YOU really believe that Hercules killed a minotaur? Do ya? If so, why? If not, why not?


Dear manontrial,

I am sorry that you miss the point of this venture. It is to see the many loving ways they view each other. Right or wrong is meaningless in this investigation. Actually read what people are writing, read the love in their hearts rather than be so judgemental. Take a moment and hear them.
edit on 5-6-2011 by AQuestion because: left out a word



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join