It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belarus KGB declares war on social networking opposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In an attempt to control public opinion, the KGB arrest an opposition activist based on social networking posts.

rt.com...

Stasyuk says that KGB officials wanted to make him stop his oppositional activity on social networking sites, threatening to pressurize his relatives in Belarus and to ‘disinform’ his friends that he was co-operating with the KGB.

Pavlyukevich said that on July 2 a KGB officer paid a visit to his mother asking her to persuade her son to stop blogging, or else he would be ‘taken hostage,’ detained and charged for organizing events that might disrupt public order. Both of Pavlyukevich’s groups stopped working later on Saturday and he himself disappeared.According to “Khartia’97” they have unconfirmed information that police burst into his apartment and deleted all communities using his personal computer.

I think we all can stand by this last statement:

“All of us have to set our mind on the same unconscious decision,” writes Denis Lozhkin on a social network group wall. “What exactly do you think when you get irritated by the current events? I think ‘Enough!’I suggest that every one of you, when you wake up should stand up and clearly say ‘Enough!’ The important thing is to realize that thousands of people are thinking this with you.”

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by j35us

they fear anything they cannot control
lol
shows it works though
stop the blogger
delete the networks
coming to a country near you

xploder

new topics

join