It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The simplest, cheapest cancer cure ever? Baking soda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Great idea. Mess around with your blood pH level. Great way to kill yourself.
www.mnstate.edu...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

www.mnstate.edu...

Phage, I meant under medical supervision..
In other words, if it's helpful then doctors should be doing it...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

you are correct. You can go to the doctor and have your pH levels checked. It is proven cancer will not grow if your body has the correct pH levels.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Increasing pH only slightly is too dangerous to mess around with.
It isn't helpful. It's quackery.
anaximperator.wordpress.com...-4888

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by reesie45
I firmly believe that there is a cure for everything within all of earths grasses trees and plants.
But at the same time who knows it there are cures for man made diseases. who knows.

I actually think the same thing. Natural diseases, natural cures. Man made diseases....something says nature really couldn't be a panacea.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Mercurio

If baking soda cured cancer we'd have no cancer sufferers!

Quite possibly the most ridiculously ignorant (in the classical sense of the word) comment I have ever heard!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Quacks corrupt people’s health, but that’s not all they do. In cases like Kim Tinkham’s, Marjolein Bouwman’s and countless others, patients are also turned into accomplices, which corrupts not only their health but their souls as well.

Well if that isn't loaded, and anecdotal, I don't know what is. This treatment was so vile, it burned her very soul. Touching.

"Quacks" corrupt people's health huh. I can think of many others who corrupt people's health far worse and have the intention of doing so as well. Keep them out of the fray though, and just direct everyone to follow fervently their docs advise. Since that's working so well.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The great one has spoken once again!
He speaks it, and it becomes so.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I'd much prefer to hear both sides of the debate..
The more you research, the better..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Consuming baking soda wouldn't be enough for the body to be unable to adjust pH.... unless perhaps it was in massive quantities, but that goes for anything. I think anyone would be challenged to find a case of someone dieing from baking soda. pH isn't something that can really be messed up for the most part, the body does a pretty good job with it.

I suppose by that logic saunas are a great way to kill yourself as well considering how it impacts body temperature. Yet saunas are quite healthy.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I urge everyone strongly to not inject baking soda into your blood stream as most would probably kill themselves off with air embolism. It could have some other nasty side effects too.

It's also worthless to drink. Your body produces bicarbonate very heavily as is to monitor your very intricate pH balance.

I think this yet another fad cure presented on this site. no substance because the people who present it don't have a remote understanding of human physiology, among a host of other subjects.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Your body always has a 7.35-7.45 pH.

If it doesn't, your dead, dieing, or will be following those steps very quickly.

That's always why I giggle at people who rant on about pH balance. Sure, it's good to stop straining the system so much by eating healthier, but you don't want to ever alter your pH balance.. if it isn't where it's at, then you should be going to hospital.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Worthless to drink? Well it's pretty well known that pH does impact cancer...adjusting pH this way isn't something I'd see as ideal, but there are better ways through diet imo. pH and keeping your blood sugar low help, but neither are addressed by oncologists.

It could be which way your body is adjusting for pH, rather than what the current pH is.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I urge everyone strongly to not inject baking soda into your blood stream as most would probably kill themselves off with air embolism. It could have some other nasty side effects too.

I think my earlier post made it clear that I said if administered by a doctor..
If PH is important then medical science should do something about it rather than peddling their costly alternatives..

There is BIG money being made with cancer treatment...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

always has a 7.35-7.45 pH? or should alway have?

blood levels often fall between 7.25 and 7.45, which is slightly alkaline. When blood pH falls between towards 6.35 (too acidic) hemoglobin in the blood deteriorates and the red blood cells cannot carry adequate oxygen to the tissues. When muscles, and connective tissues are too acidic, acidosis is experienced.

so can you prove me wrong next time?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

www.mnstate.edu...

True Story....

My grandmother used to take 1 Tablespoon of baking soda every day to help her upset stomach. She did this untill she died from anastisia in a hospital due to a broken hip at the age of 83 just 2 years ago. People from days gone by did this on a regular basis. I'm quite sure if it was that harmful, it wouldnt be used in such over the counter meds like alchaselzer....

Should listen to those old people.. They know what they're talking about.

There was another remedy other than homeade cough syrup she called "Sof-a-tee-dauh" I have no idea how to spell it, but thats how it was pronounced. I lived in a world of home remedies by this old cajun grandmother, and allthough I do not consume any of those remedies today, I so very seldom get ill, even when the person next to me is "sick as a dog", I always come away with nothing at all. Strange.... There was also something called "mamou seeds" that came from a plant she grew in her front yard. Cool stuff. Best cold and flu remedy I've ever taken. Worked in 2 days or less with no problems when it was made into a tea. Of course, superstition was invloved... "You gotta make the tea with an odd number of seeds".

Got to love those old people. I'm still alive and kicking, and healthy to boot, with one hell of a metabalism. Now.. If I can only fix that so I could gain a bit more weight!!!

edit on 6-6-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Gotta love people who can't handle logical opinions, and have to get defensive and antsy.

Your arguments must be so weak to resort to lame ad hom.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

It's also worthless to drink. Your body produces bicarbonate very heavily as is to monitor your very intricate pH balance.

I think this yet another fad cure presented on this site. no substance because the people who present it don't have a remote understanding of human physiology, among a host of other subjects.

Here's where I get confused.

What you said is exactly what I thought, but it appears to have taken SO LONG to get to it in this thread, so I was thinking either brainfart x100 OR people really are ... worse than I am in the slow department.

if I have a solution of Hcl and to it I add baking soda, what happens?

.... hmmmm salty..

So anyone drinking baking soda is really just rendering their gut base which I'm sure would really screw up digestion, and providing you with supplemental salt - the thing they keep telling us to take less of.

Works ok for heartburn, but I doubt so much for cancer.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Ide imagine drinking baking soda isnt harmful..look at how many cookies and crackers are made.sodium bicarbonate aka baking soda* no ones died from eating abag of cookie or crackers!@

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

You didn't read the post I was replying to. Did you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join