It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The C14 radio carbon dating confirm: The Bosnian "Moon" Pyramid was build 10,000 years ago!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Sorry Arken but 2 things bug me...
C14 radio carbon dating = complete crap
Bosnian pyramids = theory, nothing more
Where are the megalithic stones?

Best learn a little more about C14 before making such a proclamation.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes, they're more like pamphlets than reports, but even so, they don't go into depth as to the origin of the pre-Roman portion of the temple podium. The three I've read are from the Oriental Inst. in Chicago. The DAI at that time (this was back in the early 20th c.) was pretty thorough in their hand-drawn maps, depicting every single stone as it lay in the temple and surrounding area. They removed the Arab fortification walls exposing the tops of the trillithons and then reassembled the Arab walls. I'll revisit that post about the Baalbek stones just so we don't get too far off-topic here.

As far as this topic goes, I think Osmanigich first has to prove these are pyramids (which he hasn't come close to doing) before he goes off and starts radio-carbon dating anything.

ps Welcome back, Hans

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I'm sick of seeing these Bosnian pyramid threads. If anyone took a little time to research (beyond some poorly made Youtube videos) they would come to the conclusion that the so called "pyramids" have no archaeological value whatsoever.

It is Pseudoarchaeology at it's best. Or worst. You get what I'm trying to say

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Hanslune

Yes, they're more like pamphlets than reports, but even so, they don't go into depth as to the origin of the pre-Roman portion of the temple podium. The three I've read are from the Oriental Inst. in Chicago. The DAI at that time (this was back in the early 20th c.) was pretty thorough in their hand-drawn maps, depicting every single stone as it lay in the temple and surrounding area. They removed the Arab fortification walls exposing the tops of the trillithons and then reassembled the Arab walls. I'll revisit that post about the Baalbek stones just so we don't get too far off-topic here.

As far as this topic goes, I think Osmanigich first has to prove these are pyramids (which he hasn't come close to doing) before he goes off and starts radio-carbon dating anything.

ps Welcome back, Hans

Yes sorry to the OP for our aside, no mean to derail, one quick point I was referring to a recent DAI report came out just a few years ago, alas in German, DAI

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Signals
Sorry Arken but 2 things bug me...
C14 radio carbon dating = complete crap
Bosnian pyramids = theory, nothing more
Where are the megalithic stones?

Best learn a little more about C14 before making such a proclamation.

C14 dating itself isn't crap, but I think applying it to something like the "adhesive" is a bit fat fetched, wouldn't it just say how old the materials are, rather than when it was used?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've been hesitant for a while to agree that the Bosnian pyramids were anything of the sort, but the evidence seems very strong that they are artificial constructs. Glad to see.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yet one more thread that backs up what I have been saying all the long. Everything is older that we have thought it was. There is report after report all over ATS and the whole internet that keeps saying the same thing over and over. Everything is older that we have been told it was all these years. Now one thing worries me about this. Could everything being older and in some cases a lot older then we thought be hidding a much bigger secret. One thing really bugs me about this but I will save that for another time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Humanity has wasted more time than we could have ever imagined.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm obviously missing something here.

On one hand, we have this man carbon dating what I understand to be some type of mortar.

On the other, we have people decrying the evidence of these mounds being pyramids.

If there is, indeed, 'adhesive' of some sort present, what exactly is it adhering together?

If it's adhesive, then it must follow that there is some presence of bricks, right?

And, if there are bricks, surely they create some structure, unless its an ancient brickyard...

So either the guy is carbon dating what amounts to old dirt, or there is SOMETHING built here...

Which?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

I think you just hit the nail on the head with what we should really be focusing on here...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Arken

One bad thread after another.

There is no 'Bosnian pyramid.'

Why don't you post a few images of the 'pyramid' to illustrate your OP? Why no links to the research that supports the existence of 'Bosnian pyramids?'

Is it because the 'pyramids' are natural hills? Osmanagic hasn't a leg to stand on in his claims of pyramids.

I hate to beat a dead horse but this response is typical of the change in tone of ATS that started in September of 2009 and really picked up in 2010-2011.

The whole idea at ATS was to have a forum of differing opinions and debate the merrits of lack of merrits of new ideas. What's the point of putting down the op without offering evidence of your own?

I could call you a syphilictic pustule on muskrat anus and feel good for thirty seven seconds but whTs the point? Why does the possibility of pyramids threaten anybody?

The pyramids in Bosnia predate those in egypt and they are much bigger! There I said it. BFD

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Not that it isn't possible the pyramids are that old, but carbon dating is only accurate to a few thousand years back, everything older than that has a big margin of error.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Why does the possibility of pyramids threaten anybody?

The pyramids in Bosnia predate those in egypt and they are much bigger! There I said it. BFD

Actually, it would be a big deal and threaten alot of people - it would change what we know about early civilisations and their place in the pecking order so to speak.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I find your article interesting though upon some personal research that I've been doing, the most recent findings regarding the piece of wood recovered do not support the conclusion that these are man-made structures. Also, the materialistic composition of the "structures" compliments that of the rest of the surrounding area, which is the same kind of dirt/soil and thus the vegetation is uniform throughout the region despite growing on these apparent "pyramids". Also, if a civilization did construct these pyramids then they would use a harder material then dirt and mud to construct it.

Usually archeologists can come to a common agreement whether or not a site is of human origins, the gravity of controversy around this particular site suggests that it is most likely a false claim only supported by a small amount of archeologists.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Say what you will about debateability of this topic at least there is even a hill to debate. i would much rather add conversation to something like this than some retarded thread about how some idiot has proof that ufo's arnt visiting earth based on a timelapse video. At least there is scientific investigation into this matter and eventually a conclusion may be reached because even if you don't believe the so called experts you yourself can hop on a plane and examine the site and come to your own conclusion.

didn't they also discover a series of tunnels running into the hill/pyramids? Whatever the outcome i would rather see 20 posts about possible ancient civilizations than the garbage that has not even the slightest scientific merit.

Star and flagged just to drown out the rest of the cap on here.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I really wish that I can see these pyramids in person

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The threat? In case you guys didn't notice but the entire view of our history has changed in the last 150 years. From a firm 'God did it' and all ruins were the work of the lost tribes of Isreali and earth changes were caused by the great flood and the world is just 6,000 years old, we got over that, found empires and civilizations not found in the Bible or other 'holy' books, Minoans, Sumerians, Khymer, Maya or Moche and have recently we've found that HSS is not unique and that we had cousins living with us until very recently (Neanderthal, 'Hobbits' and Denisova)......so after all that people would be threaten by pyramids made up of dirt by a culture that left nothing else?

Get real folks, really

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
OK... After reading throug all the post of this thread and past threads about the Bosnian Pyramids i'm still stunned at the amount of people that are so fast to call this a hoax. Ive been following the research done by Sam for about 2 years now and there is overwhelming evidence that there is pyramids under those hills. There are many excavation sites at each pyramid that shows huge megolithic stones. They are connected by an adhesive clay. Clay is used at many pyramids around the world for adhesive material. Please go farther than using wikipedia as a source for information. I personallly believe that information about the bosnian pyramids is being suppressed and it truly is a earth shaking discovery. Visit the actual site and not the other fake sites that are trying to make money off of this. www.piramidasunca.ba... Sam has managed to keep this discovery from government control and allows the public to come view his excavations every day. No information is withheld and everything is open for view.

Sam is not an archaeologist, but he has worked at pyramids all over the world. He also has had many world reknown archaeologists come and verify his claims. Not to mention the hundreds of volunteers who year after year sign up to help with the excavations. Just because it doesnt go with the current view of ancient history does not mean that is impossible for these pyramids to be older than the egyptian pyramids. Have an open mind. advanced civilization could very be much older than we currently know.

There is also the largest tunnel system in the world under these pyramids. That in itself is an amazing discovery.
Please do the research and do not believe me or anyone else who post here without doing your own research. DO NOT SITE WIKIPEDIA... PLEASE. There is a reason for teachers at universities not allowing their students to use wiki as a source. It is not reliable. Oh and the youtube video's are actually pretty well put together. search the bosnian pyramids on ATS. It will only take a minute and there are some good threads that give great information and have great videos with Sam. The responses to the bosnian pyramids are the same on all threads which is why I think there may be a lot of disinfo on the subject. Again, have an open mind.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Sense9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

The whole idea at ATS was to have a forum of differing opinions and debate the merrits of lack of merrits of new ideas. What's the point of putting down the op without offering evidence of your own?

The OP hasn't offered any evidence either. What you don't know, but me, Arken and others in this thread do know is that there is no evidence for Bosnian Pyramids. So the question I have is why does someone post about something that takes 5 minutes to find out about?

There I said it. BFD

Good for you!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If there are pyramids here, which seem to be the case, then it would definitely stand to reason that a large percentage of academia and the 'sciences' would do everything in their power to obfuscate that fact.

Whole reputations, and by extention, institutions, would and could be discredited overnight.

This is the problem with the absolutes that scientists are forced to spout.

Grant money goes to the most confident, not the most innovative.

Institutions are built on Grant money.

No one with 'academic credentials' would think twice about refuting whatever 'Sam' finds, because the alternative, also known as real scientific enquiry, would spell the end to their meal ticket.

So, same with most other things, follow the money. It dirties all waters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join