It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's Mediterranean Chicken Packets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
These are very easy to make so even if you think you can't cook, you can do it! It's simple and easy.

So if you are a beginner to cooking try these, every time I have ever made them they get devoured up! I have made them just for myself just to have for dinner through out the week or lunch. They can be reheated easily via microwave or oven.

Mblah's Mediterranean Chicken Packets

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6e18a84eb7d.jpg[/atsimg]
Ingredients

1 package of boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 red tomatoes sliced
3 zucchini sliced
3 yellow squash sliced
**the vegetable amounts I use are for three packets, I stuff them full. You can use whatever amount of veggies you want in the packets. I have also substituted cucumber for zucchini when I do not have it or it isn't available.

9 slices of fresh mozzarella (3 for each chicken breast)
1/4 cup fresh parsley thinly chopped
foil
extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper for taste.

Directions

Tear off a big enough piece of foil so that you can put the veggies and chicken in it and wrap it up so it closes tightly. Again the size depends on the chicken breast size.

Next put 1tbs of olive oil in the center of each foil strip, shiny side up. Spread the evoo around the middle of the foil. Then you want to place the slices of tomato, squash and zucchini on top of the olive oil. It doesn't matter how you layer them, it all cooks the same and ends up in the same place

Next slice the chicken breast like you are going to butterfly it, and stuff with the 3 pieces of mozzarella, fold the chicken pieces back over so it folds over the cheese and doesn't poke out. If you want you can pin it with toothpicks but it really isn't needed. After you have done this sprinkle each chicken breast with the fresh parsley, season with S&P, then wrap the chicken breasts up in the foil so it makes a packet and there are no open sides.

Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 45mins or until chicken is cooked. Depending on chicken breast size I have had it done in 30mins or an hour but for the most part it's about 45mins.

I usually serve this with the tri color rotini pasta as seen in the picture. The juices from the vegetables give the pasta flavor.

So there it is. That is my own recipe came up with it years ago off of a fish packet recipe that was similar but not really. I have also made these and substituted Mahi Mahi for the chicken and added a little lemon to it and it came out just wonderfully.

Well if you try it let me know how well it goes over. I always like to know if people like my recipes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/014d70684b24.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ooo that looks good, I have 4 bags of boneless chicken breasts in the freezer and am tired of the same ole chicken, so I will definitely try this one out.

Deebo

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

that looks simply delicious. reminds me of preparing fish when i was a boy. cooking in a aluminum foil packet really keeps in the moist and makes the most of flavors. mmmmm, chicken...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Definetly going to try this one.
Even judging by the pics posted if it turns out like that I will be very happy.
(So will my girlfriend hopefully
)

Really enjoy these recipes you post. I have lived on my own in different cities in Ireland and England and have always been cooking for myself, but it is always nice to find out new methods and flavour combinations to try out, instead of the usual boring recipes and dishes that seem to be dragged out over and over again.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Ooo that looks good, I have 4 bags of boneless chicken breasts in the freezer and am tired of the same ole chicken, so I will definitely try this one out.

Deebo

Deebo that is pretty much how this came about in a sense lol

Foil=good cooking gadget! You can cook pretty much anything in a foil packet and it gives it lots of flavor and it retains the juices!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by mblahnikluver

that looks simply delicious. reminds me of preparing fish when i was a boy. cooking in a aluminum foil packet really keeps in the moist and makes the most of flavors. mmmmm, chicken...

Exactly!! I love cooking in foil esp fish and chicken! You can do so much with it and then the juices make a nice sauce to serve with rice or pasta.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

Thanks

Ehh I have had many guys use this recipe and they did just fine with it. It's easy you just have to watch the cooking process because it varies depending on how big the breasts are and how much you put in the packets veggie wise.

I love to cook, love it! I am always sitting in the kitchen making up different things. It's what you do when you don't have anything really or so you think you don't so you come up with some interesting mixtures.

I have always wanted to post my recipes on here and I am slowly getting my pictures off my old computer so I can post. I really don't like posting recipes without a visual image!

Hope your gf likes it. Im sure you will do great

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by cahlmac

Hope your gf likes it. Im sure you will do great

Going to try it this week sometime, so as long as I don't completely mess things up all should be good

If not, I may be back for more tips and hints

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

LOL

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Another subscribed thread hehe.

Exellent mblah

top topics

join