It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end illegal immigration in a month, its incredably simple.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My solution is to give them all amnesty, ID, a SS number and make them citizens. I know this isn't popular approach but if you remove the desirability of illegals, there is no longer an advantage in hiring them; they will be paying taxes, will have a credit report, will no longer get in-state tuition and will be treated like every other citizen. There will no advantage in hiring them. No more $5 hour tax-free labor. No more tax free day-labor.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by Night Star
It is a slap in the face and highly insulting that an illegal places themselves at the head of the line before an American citizen, or an immigrant who is coming here through the proper channels. They need to get off their sky high pedestal.

This is not true. Sure there are a lot of legal immigrants who are on the pedestal but many legal immigrants and anchor babies don't see border hoppers as slapping them in the face. I'm sure if you search for them you will find them then you could blast a 5 second clip all over the airwaves.

You have been exposed to a minority that scams and cheats and are saying they are all like that and they they get everything handed to them. I call BS.

I learned a lot from the illegals that I knew personally. I learned more through research and from the personal experiences of others. Is it not a slap in the face to a citizen when they are turned away from a job they are perfectly qualified for while an illegal gets that job instead? Is that illegal more important than a citizen? Many illegals steal identities while a citizen has to prove the identity is theirs. Is that not a slap in the face? The women I worked with who were a two income household and lied and said they were a one income household got welfare benefits that they had no right recieving! They were well above the poverty limit! There have been things in the news of others who have done the same and got caught. We're talking thousands of dollars in fraud from just a couple of cases. Is this not a slap in the face to us?

There are countless stories from all across the USA of fraud and deciet from illegals. Billions of dollars are spent on illegals while we have many citizens making like two lousy dollars over the poverty limit and cannot afford medical or basic necessities. You can call BS all you want. You can close your eyes to your fellow suffering citizens and instead stand up for the illegals all you want. I for one, will not.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Liberals have been saying that for YEARS. Enforce it against the employers and it will solve a multitude of issues. The problem is, the white, rich employers want their cheap labor.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee
My solution is to give them all amnesty, ID, a SS number and make them citizens. I know this isn't popular approach but if you remove the desirability of illegals, there is no longer an advantage in hiring them; they will be paying taxes, will have a credit report, will no longer get in-state tuition and will be treated like every other citizen. There will no advantage in hiring them. No more $5 hour tax-free labor. No more tax free day-labor.

That worked so well in the 1980's. They got amnesty. Businesses didn't want them anymore, then new illegals back filled the jobs. Same problem, different generation. Amnesty doesn't work. It's been proven. All you'll have is 12-20 million more citizens without jobs, as the companies hire in a fresh pool of illegals.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
Liberals have been saying that for YEARS. Enforce it against the employers and it will solve a multitude of issues. The problem is, the white, rich employers want their cheap labor.

Republicans had the House, Senate and White House from 2000 to 2006. They did nothing.
Democrats had the House, Senate and White House from 2008 to 2010. They did nothing.

So, who exactly are you blaming, or giving credit to?

Republicans want cheap (slave) labor.
Democrats want votes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Please read my earlier post. No amnesty and no illegal immigration. By making someone illegal you create a slave. There will be no need for amnesty. You can have citizen requirements to vote and serve as a politician but there would be no deportation. If you can get here, you can stay here. Labor laws and recourse against an employer would apply.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I learned a lot from the illegals that I knew personally. I learned more through research and from the personal experiences of others. Is it not a slap in the face to a citizen when they are turned away from a job they are perfectly qualified for while an illegal gets that job instead? Is that illegal more important than a citizen? Many illegals steal identities while a citizen has to prove the identity is theirs. Is that not a slap in the face? The women I worked with who were a two income household and lied and said they were a one income household got welfare benefits that they had no right recieving! They were well above the poverty limit! There have been things in the news of others who have done the same and got caught. We're talking thousands of dollars in fraud from just a couple of cases. Is this not a slap in the face to us?

There are countless stories from all across the USA of fraud and deciet from illegals. Billions of dollars are spent on illegals while we have many citizens making like two lousy dollars over the poverty limit and cannot afford medical or basic necessities. You can call BS all you want. You can close your eyes to your fellow suffering citizens and instead stand up for the illegals all you want. I for one, will not.

I said a slap in the face to legal immigrants.

No matter how passionate you are about it it is still BS.

Whatever the governments shortcomings may be that is between the citizens and it's elected officials. Illegal bashing isn't going to get the aid for those that are 2 dollars over the poverty limit.

edit on 6-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Who's to says that the employers aren't congressmen and police officer, immigratrion agents, etc... It wouldn't supprise me one bit. How else would your government let this happen if they were so adement on keeping illegal immigrants out. They make the laws as they see fit. Their slaves get cought, well they send them back and hire new ones. No fuss no muss and they have work done for almost nothing. Heed my words.
if ever a law such as the one you have suggested does pass. An other law permitting "illegals" will be past at the same time.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3navy_vet_stg3 I apologize to you if i sounded racist and blamed people that have no fault. It's true there are bad people in all races i live less then an hour from the Mexican border and i can see both sides have failed in there laws on immigration, but it is not right to blame and punish only the weakest. Again i apologize to all that i have offended especially the white race.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Well said, friend.
If i didn't know better, i'd say you changed your avatar for me

This issue will haunt us all our days. Or at least until the NAU. Then, we'll all be complaining about those freakin Antarctic immigrants...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Not a new idea.. they do this is a lot of places.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But really nothing can be done about sanctuary states and cities. That is, not unless you agree that the federal government should intervene at the state level, which would most likely be contradictory to the Republican ideology.

Furthermore, the constitution really doesn't even address immigration, especially illegal immigration, in any defined context. Anything involving immigration as it relates to the constitution, is basically formed from a personal interpretation of the constitution.

The constitution, when it comes to the concept of immigration, has been seen as being citizenship-blind when cases regarding illegal immigration have reached the various court systems within the United States.

So in response to your post I have to say that too many people believe that it is not a constitutional right for illegal immigrants to live and work here in the United States. Anybody can look at and can interpret the constitution with bias so that it fits their particular opinion on something. But that doesn't mean they interpreted the constitution correctly, and it certainly does not mean that their opinion is true.
edit on 6-6-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Without cheap immigrant labor, either legal or illegal, crops will rot in the field and prices of hand picked vegetables will sky rocket and will only be for the wealthy.

I don't think Americans will work for min. wage picking fruit or other crops.

edit on 5-6-2011 by whaaa because: pt

Yes they will, I know this 'cause I work with them in the harvest

So the cheap immigrant labor doesn't hold any water in my eyes.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

that was the point i was trying to make it isnt a right to come here illegal nor be protected it IS NOT a contitutional right.

our nation grows everyday our economy is suppose to grow to support our own people which it isnt.

but when people who come here illegally take away from those who are suppose to be here.

add the fact that legals and illegals both have children and they in turn have children our resources and our economy must support that future growth.

right now we can not even support our own people let alone illegals.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

This would not work. It is not illegal to be illegal.
look what happened to AZ when they tried.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Dont you think that if we used economic sanctions, they would want war because it would make their economy worse than it already is?
Well war with mexico wouldnt be very, Warrish? be more like a " shut up and get back down there" scenario...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by timmhaines

omg i am done with this thread.

"its not illegal to be illegal"

look up the definition of the word illegal man.

asta la vista

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Heck, These guys do the jobs you guys don't even want to do
reply to post by YoungMind92

The minute an immigrant becomes "legal" he will demand the same employment rights and a decent wage that will not only pay the bills but allow him to live.

Only an idiot wants to spend 40 years of his life spending more time with the boss and work mates than his family.

A complete fool does the same thing at a discount .

Over here a Police Officer will retire in his 50s with a substantial pension and very good prospects of continuing to earn.

A miner would retire in his 60s crippled and coughing, lucky to have a few more years and a pension that would barely pay the bills.

Will we ever see illegal immigrants swearing to uphold the law ? I don't think so.

If McDonalds payed $100 dollars an hour adults would clammer to work there.

It is that simple, we value some people more than others which is a shame,

A nurse can help save my life, a judge can take it away which has greater value ?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92

Would you want this if you was an Immigrant? Cause I sure wouldn't.
Why are people so hard on Immigrants?
All they try to achieve is a better life for their family's.

Heck, These guys do the jobs you guys don't even want to do. We shouldn't have to get rid of em.
Plenty of other ways to help Us and them, Don't forget we're all HUMAN!.

I know it's harsh, and we'd like to think we can welcome anybody that wants to come and make a better life for themselves here with open arms, but unfortunately it's just not the case. You have to try to look at it from an outside perspective... take a developed society like Holland. What if, for whatever reason, Holland began to see a massive increase in illegal immigration. People from all over Europe were going there to find jobs and live freely. Over time we'd see it wear on their economy and watch as Holland's unemployment rate skyrocketed and their economy suffered. Would we think it's fair? If we watched it happen to another country? Would we say "oh, well those people are just going there to live better, they're entitled." I doubt it. I'm not saying illegal immigration is the only, or even main reason for our economic troubles, but it is a large factor that makes it a lot harder to come back up once we're down.

Back in 2007 I probably would have agreed with you. But the truth is, our country just can't handle the rampant immigration, and the recent economic downturn has shown us this. You say "these guys do the jobs you guys don't even want to do". Again, may have been true in 2007, but now, many of us would jump at the chance to do them if it means having a paycheck at all. Jobs that, in the past, were considered high-schooler jobs (flipping burgers, line-cooks, etc) are now being fought over by college graduates.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

No American citizen is going to allow their family to starve and will take any job available. Many of our citizens have worked on farms, have worked in factories and have worked minumum wage jobs. There are too many people and not enough jobs. We do not need millions of illegal immigrants here for any reason.

People keep ignoring how citizens quickly fill the jobs that deported illegals were doing!!!!!! Millions of illegals are displacing citizens in the workforce and it isn't just farm work that these people are doing! But just keep ignoring the facts and fight for the illegals and ignore the poor citizen who is losing his livlihood and means of support for his family. No foreigner is above a citizen of the USA. Jobs belong to the citizens. welfare and benefits go to the needy citizen, not some foreigner gaining benefits through deciet.

Why do you think so many States are trying desperatley to enforce laws against illegal immigration? Why are there so many new bills coming up to fight against illegal immigration? Because it is a huge problem and people have had enough!

Yes, that's right, and in addition, there are a number of Soros funded and supported organizations dedicated to giving favor to illegals.
www.discoverthenetworks.org...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join