It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end illegal immigration in a month, its incredably simple.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Here, I'll answer.

That is kinda what we agree to when we give our tax money to the Government.

We try to provide for all the people in our country, whether they want an education, or they need some help feeding their kids. That's what makes America great, not turning our backs because they are new.

I get that being over run with foreigners is not good for the culture preceding them, but now you know how the Apache, Zuni, Hopi, Navajo, Potawotami, Cherokee, Chicasaw, Souix, Fox, Blackfoot, Iriquois, Shawnee, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Lakota, Taosenos, and many, many more felt.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Apparently...

College grads can't find a job because of 'illegals'? Grads from where? McUniversity?

College grads are competing with the slave labor in China and India. High school grads are competing with illegal aliens.

Sorry to be blunt, but You are white, yes? As such, your family is not 'from America.' You stated that they arrived on Ellis Island, like millions of others, whom emigrated 'legally.' I understand that you were born here, no need to play the semantic game.

No, I'm black. Nigerian descent.

It's all perspective, my friend. It was 'legal' because the people who were already here ( and had already masscred those who were really 'native') needed some laborers. One man's legal immigration was another man's hallocaust.

I have yet to see ANY American today who "massacred" anyone. That was a different time, and to try and equate what illegal aliens are doing to what the Europeans did is absurd.

So, now that the job market has gotten tight, and these 'illegals' are willing to work for less money, it's not okay that we allow people to come to this country. What was okay (legal) for your family is not okay (illegal) for their family.

Here is where you prove how ignorant you really are. I'll refrain from saying "stupid", but that's where you're heading. You try and take "legal" immigration and equate it to "illegal" immigration. It NEVER was and NEVER will be equal. Today, yes today, people can still come to the United States LEGALLY. And, for those that do, great! More than welcome. Those people assimilate, and become Americans. However, Illegals don't. They are like cancer. So, to compare LEGAL immigrants who are on airplanes and ships as we speak to someone skipping across the border to deflate wages is absolutely insane. Period!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
have any of you seen the movie "A day without a mexican"?
what are you guys thinking??
it'll be chaos!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I get that being over run with foreigners is not good for the culture preceding them, but now you know how the Apache, Zuni, Hopi, Navajo, Potawotami, Cherokee, Chicasaw, Souix, Fox, Blackfoot, Iriquois, Shawnee, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Lakota, Taosenos, and many, many more felt.

So, you're incapable of learning from the past, and not repeating it, right? Or, do you simply hate America so much, you're okay with it falling into a 3rd world country?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

So she should not take any kind of work that comes her way, even a minimum wage job? Continue to go to the food bank, get food stamps and try to get assistance from the government and get the church and taxpayers to pay our rent? Or should she take the first job she gets even if the pay isn't "top dollar"?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

or just drop nafta.
as a whole.
drop the whole nafta idea.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I totally agree - if they are here legally, cool - welcome to 'merica.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I hate America? That's below the belt, try to keep the gloves up.

My point is that we do ourselves no favors by making those who seek a better life the villain.

If we are to become a 'third world country' it will be because we have lost the ability to be creative, to be innovative.

And if there is one thing that this country has over all other countries, it's the benefit of having the most diverse population, and thus, the most diverse perspective, in the world.

I do not hate my country, on the contrary, I love it so much that I want it to be what it set out to be- the world's melting pot where every man (and woman) can succeed with nothing more than hard work and drive...

If a man can come here, and work his backside off, then let him prosper. That's what makes America great, and what will keep us out of the poorhouse. Not shutting down borders, or running off people willing to work hard. I say we deport some of these lazy ass Kids, let them see what they are taking for granted...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489

Who says all illegal immigrants send most of their money back to Latin countries? That's just an assumption...I know for a fact that is not the case.

"The total remittance flow from the United States to Latin America and the Caribbean could come close to $30 billion this year, making it by far the largest single remittance channel in the world." And that was back in 2003!!!!!

pewhispanic.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92

I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you or this tread in anyway. I really don't mean it if you feel this.

Would you want this if you was an Immigrant? Cause I sure wouldn't.
Why are people so hard on Immigrants?
All they try to achieve is a better life for their family's.

Heck, These guys do the jobs you guys don't even want to do. We shouldn't have to get rid of em.
Plenty of other ways to help Us and them, Don't forget we're all HUMAN!.

Let's look at the major reason people get upset about the illegal immigration fiasco. The illegal immigrants are bleeding public funds dry. Many towns and cities across this nationa are having debt problems because of this.

You can't tell me that illegal immigrants don't put a hurting on public services. Around here, half the libraries are closing down because of budget shortfalls.

Deny illegal immigrants public funding and you'll find the money to keep libraries open and the police on their job.

Just what part of "ILLEGAL" do you not understand? I'm not against immigrants but there are procedures in place instead of doing things that are against the law.
edit on 6/6/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

reply to post by haarvik

These immigrants are not stealing jobs that anyone in America wants to do.

BULLSH*T!!!!! I'm so damn sick of this argument. You try and make it out that all these people do is pick vegetables. WRONG! They took $20/hr. jobs a Swift Meat Packing and drove the wages down to below minimum wage. Americans want these jobs, but they want them at the fair market price they were BEFORE the identity thieves (illegal aliens) invaded them. Ever looked at the roofing/construction industry? Not much "fruit picking" there either. These jobs used to sustain a CITIZEN, but not anymore. Housing prices never went down with the illegal labor.

So, before you try and spin your insane view, you may want to get some facts, and see just exactly "where" these illegal invaders are stealing the jobs.

No matter how we say it, no matter how many times we say it, the pro-illegal people will still try to ignore the facts. There is something very, very wrong here! Are they ignorant, blind or what? My God!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
"The total remittance flow from the United States to Latin America and the Caribbean could come close to $30 billion this year, making it by far the largest single remittance channel in the world." And that was back in 2003!!!!!

So, it's their money. No one is telling the rich to keep their money out of offshore accounts or telling US citizens that have retired abroad that they will not be getting their SS because they are outside the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Your solution is not simple and does not work. The employers have the money and they are the ones who lobby (bribe) congress to get laws passed. The more laws you make the more unfair it will become. The laws will always be applied selectively to the little guys while the big guys go untouched. What about the company that is given a tax break to go set up in China and have employees for a dollar a day?

The problem is calling someone illegal. By creating an illegal person you now have a person who can be taken advantage of. This person becomes a slave. Do you think a company would hire someone who was untrained, uneducated, and didn't speak the language if all the labor laws applied to this person also? If you can walk into this country, you should be allowed to come. All labor laws would apply to you and you could not be threatened with deportation. By doing this you take away the incentive for hiring a new arrival. More than a punishment that will never be enforced or selectively enforced. Think about it. We have big fines and punishments for polluters but companies do it all day long. Take away the incentive. The incentive for a company is blackmail so they can have a slave.
edit on 6-6-2011 by BillfromCovina because: clarification

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I apologize. However, I am having a hard time seeing how you justify your position, when the outcome is so detrimental to country.

Originally posted by jimnuggitsMy point is that we do ourselves no favors by making those who seek a better life the villain.

Not making them the villain, unless they are truly villains. Identity theft is a horrible crime, and hard for the victim to recover. I urge you to go to www.immigrationshumancost.org... and let me know what you think, and tell me why these people should be let in. Remember, unchecked borders is WHY they are here. With the "good" you get these guys too.

Originally posted by jimnuggitsIf we are to become a 'third world country' it will be because we have lost the ability to be creative, to be innovative.

I disagree. There is only so much that "we the people" can do from year to year, when we're constantly swimming upstream against the forces that want the destruction of this country. What "ability to be creative" or "innovative" are high school kids supposed to have, aside from their diplomas, when they can't get jobs at Wendy's or McDonalds because they don't speak Spanish? Isn't this the United States? Isn't the requirement to become a CITIZEN to speak English? Dilution is the solution to pollution. And, right now, we have more illegal immigrants coming in, and they can't, or won''t, "melt" into the "melting pot".

Originally posted by jimnuggitsAnd if there is one thing that this country has over all other countries, it's the benefit of having the most diverse population, and thus, the most diverse perspective, in the world.

I agree here. That's what makes the United States GREAT!

Originally posted by jimnuggitsI do not hate my country, on the contrary, I love it so much that I want it to be what it set out to be- the world's melting pot where every man (and woman) can succeed with nothing more than hard work and drive...

See my comments above about the melting pot. They aren't "melting". They are bringing the same culture here that they are trying to escape. For God's sake, they don't even learn the language! I'm all for people coming here to "succeed with nothing more than hard work and drive"...so long as they do it LEGALLY!

Originally posted by jimnuggitsIf a man can come here, and work his backside off, then let him prosper. That's what makes America great, and what will keep us out of the poorhouse. Not shutting down borders, or running off people willing to work hard. I say we deport some of these lazy ass Kids, let them see what they are taking for granted...

My son has been looking for a job for 6 weeks now. He's been told outright that since he doesn't speak Spanish, he can't start. He took 4 years of German. He's now going to college, and taking Arabic. Is he "lazy"? He also speaks Igbo, and maintained a 3.8GPA. Yet, he can't wash dishes at a fast food place. Hmmmmmmm.. Like I said above, come here. Please, come here. Just do it LEGALLY!!!!! Are you capable of seeing the difference?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

My point is that we do ourselves no favors by making those who seek a better life the villain.

If we are to become a 'third world country' it will be because we have lost the ability to be creative, to be innovative.

And if there is one thing that this country has over all other countries, it's the benefit of having the most diverse population, and thus, the most diverse perspective, in the world.

I do not hate my country, on the contrary, I love it so much that I want it to be what it set out to be- the world's melting pot where every man (and woman) can succeed with nothing more than hard work and drive...

If a man can come here, and work his backside off, then let him prosper. That's what makes America great, and what will keep us out of the poorhouse. Not shutting down borders, or running off people willing to work hard. I say we deport some of these lazy ass Kids, let them see what they are taking for granted...

What you fail to understand is that the illegal immigrant is getting his 'better life' at the expense of a legal citizen! Our own citizens are desperate for jobs and they are taken by illegals. This is neither fair nor right! In no way will I stand for a foreigner to prosper while he shoves aside an American citizen. It's all about the illegals and what they want and what they need and to hell with the poor citizens who is literally falling through the cracks. It is a slap in the face and highly insulting that an illegal places themselves at the head of the line before an American citizen, or an immigrant who is coming here through the proper channels. They need to get off their sky high pedestal.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

So, it's their money. No one is telling the rich to keep their money out of offshore accounts or telling US citizens that have retired abroad that they will not be getting their SS because they are outside the US.

That was written in response to the poster who said they knew as a fact that people weren't sending money back home. You always hear about how much money these illegals are putting into our economy. A hell of a lot is also leaving our economy.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yes, I see the difference. The difference is that some come to rob and pillage, which is wrong anywhere, and some come to make a better life, which is what we're all about.

It's not a white or black situation.

It isn't right that your son can't find a job, given what you've said, he seems well qualified. And I can agree that anyone in this country should learn English, if only to avoid being taken advantage of.

I don't have any wonderful insight into what should be done, only that we must avoid becoming hypocrits about the value of outside influences.

And 'illegal' Vs. 'legal' is a moot point, really. They are here, whether we can accept it or not. Better to acclimate them than to scourge them from our ranks, because that won't happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It is a slap in the face and highly insulting that an illegal places themselves at the head of the line before an American citizen, or an immigrant who is coming here through the proper channels. They need to get off their sky high pedestal.

This is not true. Sure there are a lot of legal immigrants who consider themselves better than the illegals but many legal immigrants and anchor babies don't see border hoppers as slapping them in the face. I'm sure if you search for them you will find them then you could blast a 5 second clip all over the airwaves.

You have been exposed to a minority that scams and cheats and are saying they are all like that and they they get everything handed to them. I call BS.

edit on 6-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

When i joined ATS a year ago i joined because i found the threads interesting especially the one's about UFO's,Chemtrails and things out of this world, but lately it has become place for bigots, racist and full of people that hate anything that is not white. Instead of opening your eyes and realizing that the mess this country is in is caused by greedy white rich people and our government that happens to be white also, and puts the blame on brown and black people and that is easy because most people in this country are dumb and stupid. I hope if the New World Order conspiracy is true and there goal is a one World Government i hope it becomes true maybe then we will be able to work together. It will be a sight to see when soldiers go knocking at the so called patriots doors and see how easy it will be to take your guns away.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rambodog48

When i joined ATS a year ago i joined because i found the threads interesting especially the one's about UFO's,Chemtrails and things out of this world, but lately it has become place for bigots, racist and full of people that hate anything that is not white. Instead of opening your eyes and realizing that the mess this country is in is caused by greedy white rich people and our government that happens to be white also, and puts the blame on brown and black people and that is easy because most people in this country are dumb and stupid. I hope if the New World Order conspiracy is true and there goal is a one World Government i hope it becomes true maybe then we will be able to work together. It will be a sight to see when soldiers go knocking at the so called patriots doors and see how easy it will be to take your guns away.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......... Wow, so people who are against law breakers are now "bigots" or "racists"? Really? And, speaking of "racist", when people make comments like you did, it just shows how totally racist you are. The discussions here are based on "legal" and "illegal". NOT race. However, your post is nothing BUT racist. Oh, and I'm black, and I don't blame white people for all the failures in the world. You have bad people in ALL races. Unfortunately, you fall into that category, since you're obviously a racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join