It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end illegal immigration in a month, its incredably simple.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by whaaa

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

You first ...

My "common sense" tells me that since times are tough and people do need jobs that at least some people would pick up where the illegals left off.

Don't let your ideology and the need for more "grateful people" hopefully voting for your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

Actually I am for immigration reform and my ideology has precious little to do with it. But this thread is woefully ignorant about the scope of the situation and composed mainly of conservative talking points ala Rush and Sean,
looking for a scapegoat to blame for economic problems that have their roots in a corrupt corporate system. That needs to be addressed before any meaningful solution can be attained.
www.fairus.org...

My question remains..."What do you propose to do with 13 million illegals? How much will it cost? And are you prepared for the consequences of getting rid of cheap labor?

Right wing campaign rhetoric may appeal to the factually impaired but it does absolutely nothing in solving the indisputable problem of America loving cheap labor to do the nasty jobs and paying as little as possible to get them done.

First things first

And FYI, I could care less who gets elected in the next election. I'm outta here for a Mediterranean country where people know how to live, love and party, without all the acrimony and hate for others with a different opinion.
With my savvy investments in surveillance companies [you are being watched, you know], rentals, and mad skills, I should be able to live like a King.

edit on 6-6-2011 by whaaa because: ptptptptpt

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by haarvik

These immigrants are not stealing jobs that anyone in America wants to do.

BULLSH*T!!!!! I'm so damn sick of this argument. You try and make it out that all these people do is pick vegetables. WRONG! They took $20/hr. jobs a Swift Meat Packing and drove the wages down to below minimum wage. Americans want these jobs, but they want them at the fair market price they were BEFORE the identity thieves (illegal aliens) invaded them. Ever looked at the roofing/construction industry? Not much "fruit picking" there either. These jobs used to sustain a CITIZEN, but not anymore. Housing prices never went down with the illegal labor.

So, before you try and spin your insane view, you may want to get some facts, and see just exactly "where" these illegal invaders are stealing the jobs.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I firmly believe a much simpiler and easier way would be to reform our tax code.

No person or business which pays or contributes to the financial upkeep of any undocumented allien will be allowed to take a deduction for these funds from their federal taxes.

If the employer needs or wants to employ these people let the pay them from their own pocket.

This will lower the cost of our immigration people looking for them and so save a little more money.

You know what happens to those who cheat on their taxes.

We would just need to enforce our tax codes a little better.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

A cherokee descendant perhaps, but unaware, uncaring or ignorant of the fact that borders are man made.

House doors are manmade. Should we let in anyone who wants to live inside our house then? Country-house analogy. Also, manmade does not imply bad, just as natural does not imply good.

This was demonstrated to be false by many posts here on ATS where legal people complained that they were laid off or cannot find a job because hiring illegals is more profitable.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I have a question for you and expect a honest answer. Have you ever hired someone illegal to do work for you? I have. It is kind of hard to b^tch about it when you are just a guilty as the next American who is / has used the services of cheap labor.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

If you're having a problem securing a job because your qualifications are only as good as someone whom doesn't even speak English, perhaps it's not HIS fault.

Bottom line, Everyone in this country, save Native Americans, are immigrants, illegal or otherwise.

It is Hypocritical to say the it's okay for you because your family was illegal so long ago, and not okay for NEW immigrants, because they might get something that you'd get if they weren't here.

Capitalism means that the one with the best work ethic, the one with the best idea, and the most educated ones will prosper. Never once does it mention country of origin.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungMind92
reply to post by openminded2011

Heck, These guys do the jobs you guys don't even want to do. We shouldn't have to get rid of em.
Plenty of other ways to help Us and them, Don't forget we're all HUMAN!.

I can't believe this was said. What jobs do the illegal immigrants do that "you guys" don't want to do? I do not normally post because half the time I am unfamiliar with certain topics. I like to come on here to learn different points of view. However, I am very familiar with this. I have done every type of job the illegals do, and I know many people that are currently doing them. Hard working Americans will do any job that they are capable of doing. The illegals take those jobs because they are willing to work for lower rates. They live multiple persons to a house (apartment). A good majority of their money earned goes back to whatever country they come from, and in turn take it out of our own country. How, in your opinion of course, can this be of any help to us?

I am sorry if the above has already been said. I have not had the time to fully read the posts.

OP, this is an interesting point of view. Thank you for posting it. However, it doesn't always work in real life as it does in type. Good thinking, none-the-less.
edit on 6-6-2011 by czlong07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey Dragon.. I like the way you think. Don't know if your solutions are viable,but nice way to present them in a cioncise orderly fashion.

Unlike my ramblings

Hey Navy-Vet.. I'm not disagreeing with you. At all...but.. you should go back one page and try and read my post. Just pointing out how some of this happened. Not validating it.

It's a combination of events that got us here. Solutions won't be easy.

Don't forget..Vote for someone because of Race or Nationality? It's your Duty. Ask Voters in Los Angeles. Tough stuff..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by haarvik

I have a question for you and expect a honest answer. Have you ever hired someone illegal to do work for you? I have. It is kind of hard to b^tch about it when you are just a guilty as the next American who is / has used the services of cheap labor.

No I have not, and will not!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by haarvik

A cherokee descendant perhaps, but unaware, uncaring or ignorant of the fact that borders are man made.

If there are jobs, let those who are qualified do those jobs.

They came here for the exact same reason that your un-Cherokee ancestors came here: for a better life.

SHould we deny them that chance, because you were here first?

Squatters are squatters, in 1600 or in 2011.

Oh so the fact that I had ten years of experience means that some illegal gets the job instead? Is that what you are saying? Or maybe you didn't read the whole post, just what you thought would fit your response?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

If you're having a problem securing a job because your qualifications are only as good as someone whom doesn't even speak English, perhaps it's not HIS fault.

No problem on my end securing a job. However, kids who are graduating high school and college are unemployed at a HUGE rate. High school kids used to work fast food, or wash dishes. Not anymore. Illegals have those jobs. Kids used to work on local farms. Not anymore. Illegals have those jobs. Kids used to work a summer doing roofing, or framing a house. Not anymore. Illegals have those jobs.

Bottom line, Everyone in this country, save Native Americans, are immigrants, illegal or otherwise.

I was born in the United States. Where did I immigrate from? I guess that makes me "Native" and "American".

It is Hypocritical to say the it's okay for you because your family was illegal so long ago, and not okay for NEW immigrants, because they might get something that you'd get if they weren't here.

No, my ancestors came through Ellis Island, and did so LEGALLY. Do you NOT understand the difference between LEGAL and ILLEGAL?

Capitalism means that the one with the best work ethic, the one with the best idea, and the most educated ones will prosper. Never once does it mention country of origin.

Unfortunately, this isn't "Capitalism" with the workforce. The corporations pay lower wages to illegal aliens, don't offer any benefits, and the government picks up the slack. The "government" is THE TAX PAYERS! It's welfare for the corporations, and welfare for illegals.

So, by your logic, if someone I care about winds up losing their job, and it's horrible in the "area" they live, can they come move in with you, and have you feed their kids, pay for their kids' education? And, if you go to kick them out of your house, will you gladly except the title of "xenophobe" or "racist" or "mean spirited"? How many illegals is "enough"? How many can this nation sustain? 20 Million? 100 Million? 500 Million?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Who says all illegal immigrants send most of their money back to Latin countries? That's just an assumption...I know for a fact that is not the case.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

So, by your logic, if someone I care about winds up losing their job, and it's horrible in the "area" they live, can they come move in with you, and have you feed their kids, pay for their kids' education? And, if you go to kick them out of your house, will you gladly except the title of "xenophobe" or "racist" or "mean spirited"? How many illegals is "enough"? How many can this nation sustain? 20 Million? 100 Million? 500 Million?

These questions will not be answered, I have asked them many times on ATS to the supporters and they are always ignored. They will never answer how many people we should let in.
Unfortunately they will just not answer the damn question.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

I don't know how many illegals America can sustain but here's a little prediction....

The GOP, party of big business will not ever really do anything to solve the immigration problem because of the profit motive and the campaign contributions from big business that relies on cheap labor.

The GOP will eventually buckle under to the corps and make everyone living here and their descendants, legal and citizens with a few provisions tacked on. More taxpayers as it were; Simple way to lower the deficit.

I love American politics. Always full of surprises! But it's not a surprise anymore. I just spilled the beans.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The GOP wants the cheap slave labor.
The DNC wants the votes.

Neither party cares about the U.S. CITIZEN!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
These questions will not be answered, I have asked them many times on ATS to the supporters and they are always ignored. They will never answer how many people we should let in.
Unfortunately they will just not answer the damn question.

That's because the ones who support it, really do know that it will destroy this country, and they are actually happy about that. Forget the fact, they'll be miserable, they don't care, because they can't see past 30 seconds in front of them. The "right" amount is "however many it takes to destroy the United States", in their opinion, yet they don't have the guts to come out and say it. That's the "end game".

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

College grads can't find a job because of 'illegals'? Grads from where? McUniversity?

Sorry to be blunt, but You are white, yes? As such, your family is not 'from America.' You stated that they arrived on Ellis Island, like millions of others, whom emigrated 'legally.' I understand that you were born here, no need to play the semantic game.

It's all perspective, my friend. It was 'legal' because the people who were already here ( and had already masscred those who were really 'native') needed some laborers. One man's legal immigration was another man's hallocaust.

So, now that the job market has gotten tight, and these 'illegals' are willing to work for less money, it's not okay that we allow people to come to this country. What was okay (legal) for your family is not okay (illegal) for their family.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't think Americans will work for min. wage picking fruit or other crops.

My girlfriend has been out of work for a few months now, she has been putting in apps and following up but no callbacks yet. I just asked her if she would work a minimum wage job picking tomatoes - her response? "Hell yea I would!!!!"
edit on 6/6/11 by I.C. Weiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
My girlfriend has been out of work for a few months now, she has been putting in apps and following up but no callbacks yet. I just asked her if she would work a minimum wage job picking tomatoes - her response? "Hell yea I would!!!!"

Getting the us workforce to settle for less pay?

Mission acomplished.

Big Business smiles.

On topic: Numer 2 of the OP is probably not doable. Too many signed agreements and what not. All this is probably being done on purpose to cause the above.

edit on 6-6-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
at first i was saying like u are an ungrateful child but after giving the 2nd proposal I quickly learned that u are doing whats best for both countries and not just the USA

but do u think that it is possible for Mexico to do anything right now with all the drug wars ???

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join