It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end illegal immigration in a month, its incredably simple.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

God, your ignorance is enough to blind someone.

So, you think that sanctuary cities are only for illegals?

Try living in one that is a mix of refugees who have become highly productive members of their communities and embrace the ideas of the republic. Some even decided to make their U.S citizenship permanent..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

yeah someone here is ignorant

since apparently you do not know what the term sanctuary city means.

and do tell how does and illegal get citizenship.

breaking the law is not embracing the ideas of a republic.

it just means some people are above the law which in a republic no one is above the law.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I don't know... The problem is not just illegal immigrants. We closed our factories and moved them to places like Mexico and China ETC so the big man can show profits. They want to spend 50 cents making a shirt that would cost $1.25 to make here in the US and sell that shirt for $24.99. They do not want Americans answering phones because they can hire 3 people in India then the cost to hire 1 in America. THEY took most jobs away from us. It is corporate greed.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You never answered my first question.

I've seen the term "sanctuary city" bandied about and most of the time, it refers to refugees, not illegals.
edit on 5-6-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Sanctuary city is a term given to a city in the United States that follows certain practices that protect illegal immigrants. These practices can be by law (de jure) or they can be by habit (de facto). The term generally applies to cities that do not allow municipal funds or resources to be used to enforce federal immigration laws, usually by not allowing police or municipal employees to inquire about one's immigration status. The designation has no legal meaning.[

fine you win laws mean nothing everyone can pick and choose whatever laws they want to obey they do not mean nothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Where did this definition come from?

Wikipedia?

As for laws in general, NO ONE of any race follows traffic laws. Common sense does not matter as long as people can get to their shopping malls and suburban hell.
edit on 5-6-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

I worked for a company during the 2000 World Cup in Round Rock Texas called Michael Angelo's gourmet Italian foods and the whole production floor which was made up of over 300 illegals was irate and booed the USA when they beat mexico.
These are the type of people you want in America?
So it's ok that they have no respect for the country they are abusing?
As for nobody taking the jobs there were a lot of white and black people applying but they wanted the illegals and purposely moved from Carlsbad California to exploit this and they were basically slaves and if they did not work double shifts or seven days a week on end when told to they were threatened with being sent back to mexico
These people drove in unregistered cars with NO insurance so yeh i guess this is a good thing to have in the USA so if they hit you or kill you or a member of your family they just take off.
The difference is when the immigrants came here before they learned the language and respected the country but i guess to you it's no big deal if they spit on the USA.
BTW i lived overseas (Panama) and i was constantly asked to show my passport and documents and they would at times make me sit there and thoroughly go through my car as well but i always complied to be legal. I also learned the language in one year and when i went to immigration for help with my visa they refused to speak to me in English even though there were people there that did.
You are selling your country out and obviously could care less whether they have respect or not and the only thing they contribute is putting more money in the pockets of the big fat business owner while costing tax payers dollars kissing their ass putting everything in Spanish and not paying taxes and getting free health care when someone that is American and has worked half their life paying taxes and obeying the laws is told to F off if he can't afford healthcare.
How is not not reverse discrimination and reverse racism when every other race that came here and comes here has to learn English. Did they ever put things in Italian, French, Russian, German, Polish, etc and i think these other races contributed to America but told either learn English or to bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
I don't know... The problem is not just illegal immigrants. We closed our factories and moved them to places like Mexico and China ETC so the big man can show profits. They want to spend 50 cents making a shirt that would cost $1.25 to make here in the US and sell that shirt for $24.99. They do not want Americans answering phones because they can hire 3 people in India then the cost to hire 1 in America. THEY took most jobs away from us. It is corporate greed.

yeah,, star for that!
that is 2nd part of the issue; The illegal immigration issue became an issue when they started moving into construction/retail job sector.

But there is still an issue with manufacturing sector...
Ross Perot was right about 'the sucking sound of jobs going south'

We need a sensible import tax to align the economies of imported goods with the cost of domestically produced goods, no doubt.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

indeed it came from wiki

but i know you wont consider that to be good enough so i have something else

www.sanctuarycities.info...

Sanctuary is a term for cities, counties, or states that are defying a federal law relative to the various government agencies being required to assist the federal government with their illegal immigrants. In 1996 a federal law was passed called the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIR) that requires local governments to cooperate with Department of Homeland Security's Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Contrary to this law, many of these governments are officially or unofficially defying the law and have passed various local policies to ignore the federal law and not question the status of suspected illegal immigrants. Those in defiance of the law prefer to call them undocumented workers and help protect the illegal immigrants from being deported.

theres a nice little graphic there.

like i said you win laws mean nothing in this country people can do whatever the hell they want to illegals,citizen

let anarchy reign supreme.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Shady website there.

Really? Encouraging people to call 911? On what? Their colored neighbors watering their lawns?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by openminded2011

Without cheap immigrant labor, either legal or illegal, crops will rot in the field and prices of hand picked vegetables will sky rocket and will only be for the wealthy.

I don't think Americans will work for min. wage picking fruit or other crops.

Im a native of Florida. When my dad broke his leg and couldn't work, my mom had all four of us kids and herself out in the Orange Groves picking fruit during his recovery time. This was most of the Summer.
Those who prefer to feed their selves and their families will do what they have to even if it's minimum wage.
Most Americans aren't weak minded or so prideful that they will spew out weak reasons not to fight to feed their children or take responsibility for their needs.
The illegal aliens do take work away from those who need that minimum wage job.

edit on 5-6-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

This is an excuse! We would not pay 4 X more for bread. The fact is.. The truth is We are lazy. yes I said it Americans are LAZY. They do not do lawn work, wash the cars and clean house anymore. I went to the market last week and I was surprised how many people are so lazy they do not walk in the stores anymore. They have scooters drag them around who try to run you down! The fact is if we didn't have "cheap labor" people would have to get off the 'ol butt and have to work. I can go to the quickie mart down the road at 6:00 AM and get a coffee and go back at 9:00 PM and the same Pakistani guy who checked me out at 6:00 AM checked me out at 9:00 PM. face it illegal immigrants are just cheap slaves.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
People have got to realize that illegal immigrants are NOT only doing the jobs that citizens won't do. That may have been true many years ago, but no longer. They are in many areas of the workforce. If we have millions of un-employed citizens, the last thing we need are illegals stealing those jobs.

When ICE deports thousands of illegals, thousands of citizens quickly fill those jobs! It has been proven over and over again!

If we stop giving them jobs and take away the freebies, they will self deport!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by drock905

This is an excuse! We would not pay 4 X more for bread. The fact is.. The truth is We are lazy. yes I said it Americans are LAZY. They do not do lawn work, wash the cars and clean house anymore. I went to the market last week and I was surprised how many people are so lazy they do not walk in the stores anymore. They have scooters drag them around who try to run you down! The fact is if we didn't have "cheap labor" people would have to get off the 'ol butt and have to work. I can go to the quickie mart down the road at 6:00 AM and get a coffee and go back at 9:00 PM and the same Pakistani guy who checked me out at 6:00 AM checked me out at 9:00 PM. face it illegal immigrants are just cheap slaves.

There are lazy people no matter what their race, there are also hard working people. To make a blanket statement that Americans are all lazy is ignorant. Americans do indeed mow their own lawns, wash their cars, clean their houses,

If you know someone who is working from 6am to 9pm,they won't be healthy for very long. I wouldn't recommend it. For someone to refuse working that many hours in a day is smart, not lazy!

If someone is using a scooter to get around they are probably disabled and not out joy riding on the damned things!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by neo96

Shady website there.

Really? Encouraging people to call 911? On what? Their colored neighbors watering their lawns?

Why be a part of the problem and not a solution?
This post is ignorant, so you've made your choice? You prefer to be divider instead of a uniter or possible problem solver?
My motto is if you can't take care of yourself, you surly can't help anyone else... and I wonder why people can not get anywhere on issues, lol.

If these "sanctuary" cities are smart, they would walk a fine line and figure out how to conform the illegals to our laws, in addition to that, they teach English to them and how to be productive so they (sanctuary cities) can be accepted but what I see is non cooperation to our laws and even more division. Your posts are proof.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

For starters: Most illegals do not work in factories or in restaurants or any job that mandates a Social Sec. Number...they work in the fields doing back-breaking work from dawn till dusk, jobs most of us would not take as proven by the mere 6 citizens and legal residents that applied for the United Farm Workers program "Take our jobs."
Go ahead, fine all of those farmers, see how fast our the farming sector goes down the gutter and how high the prices for fruits and veggies go up...way to screw over the already struggling middle and lower classes of the country, no?

Secondly: Enforcement-only doesn't work. You want to end illegal immigration? Then take away the stupid laws that keep unskilled workers from coming in here and only benefits those that are wealthy to start with. Why should it be easier for someone with 100k in their bank account to enter the US legally and get their green card while the poor huddled masses get the shaft and have to wait upwards of 10 years for a mere working visa? The very idea of unfair immigration laws is un-American...Just think how different the country would have ended up if the same immigration laws existed during the European mass-migrations in the late 19th and early 20th century...chances are if your last name were of Irish, Italian, Scottish, German, Polish or Greek origins you'd be hard pressed to find yourselves existing here in America.

Thirdly: Why do you think whole villages that were solely dependent on agriculture are devoid of able body males? Ever heard of "free-trade?" Heard of subsidized American farming? Since there are free trade agreements between Mexico and the US, subsidized American crops are imported into Mexico and since they're cheaper they drive the Mexican farmers out of business as Mexican business as well as American *Costco, Wal Mart, Sam's Club, Target etc.* would much rather buy those goods at a cheaper price rather than higher. So if you want to end Mexican unemployment, Mexican Inflation, and crimes due to drug trafficking then i suggest ending American subsidies on corn and other crops, ending NAFTA, and ending the failure that is known as the American war on drugs. Truly you do not understand the complexity of the US-Mexico relationship...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ever considered that sometimes, maybe sometimes, the laws are wrong, and ought to be challenged and changed?

This seems to be a very difficult concept for many ATSers.

As I said, if your problem is simply that the law is not being followed, rather than immigration itself, then you probably wouldn't be opposed to immigration reform that makes it less of a complicated morass that depends on the size of the immigrant's bank account, right? Would you favor a return to the standard of "If you've got a strong back, we can use you"?

If not - if you favor the current expenses and abyssal red tape of current immigration policy - can you explain why you favor it? What practical benefit is it to us?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

people do pick and chose the laws they follow. What differentiates those who engage in reckless driving *driving over the speed limit*, those who text/talk on cellphones while driving, driving on suspended licenses, those who engage in underage drinking, underage smoking, those who engage in internet piracy...i could list a myriad of crimes on here that most people commit on a daily basis that are seen as "not a big deal"...why should we hold others to a higher standard when most don't even bother to follow the simplest of laws?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by neo96

Ever considered that sometimes, maybe sometimes, the laws are wrong, and ought to be challenged and changed?

Yep, and there is a procedure to do that (not always the most efficient), but until that happens we have to respect the existing law (it's not a subjective thing that can be evaluated by each person's personal belief, that would lead to anarchy.)

As I said, if your problem is simply that the law is not being followed, rather than immigration itself, then you probably wouldn't be opposed to immigration reform that makes it less of a complicated morass that depends on the size of the immigrant's bank account, right? Would you favor a return to the standard of "If you've got a strong back, we can use you"?

If not - if you favor the current expenses and abyssal red tape of current immigration policy - can you explain why you favor it? What practical benefit is it to us?

I hear what you are saying, and when times are good, every one appreciates a good strong worker.
But during lean times, we have to take care of the people (legal citizens) here first.

It's not completely fair to have it be costly, but if it wasn't there would be a flood of people, and ruin it for everyone, so there there has to be some kind of limit.. and like anything else, some good quality people will be lost in the cracks of the system, but in terms of the health of the greater community, there is no way around that.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
reply to post by neo96

people do pick and chose the laws they follow. What differentiates those who engage in reckless driving *driving over the speed limit*, those who text/talk on cellphones while driving, driving on suspended licenses, those who engage in underage drinking, underage smoking, those who engage in internet piracy...i could list a myriad of crimes on here that most people commit on a daily basis that are seen as "not a big deal"...why should we hold others to a higher standard when most don't even bother to follow the simplest of laws?

There is a difference, those laws you mention are generally 'victimless' , I get your point though; and in the past, during golden times, people turned a blind eye to illegal immigration.

but now times are tough, and that behavior is directly impacting others, so it obviously, becomes a focus.

Also, every one of those laws are enforced when they are broken, people get ticketed and fined all the time (they aren't happy about it, but accept it as part of living in our society.)

edit on 6-6-2011 by querious because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2011 by querious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join