It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end illegal immigration in a month, its incredably simple.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Works for small businesses, but corporations get away free and clear.. McDonalds and Walmart are probably the two single largest employers of illegals..

I'd propose a 300% tax rate for corporations employing more than 100 illegals at any one time.

Corporations only fear one thing.. red ink.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The idea sounds good on paper and I'm for it but it wouldn't work
Americans like cheap food more then they are willing to admit. Eliminating the immigrant work force would have a dramatic effect on the cost of food.

Until the country is willing to pay 4x the price for bread nothing will change. America is built on the exploitation of the lower classes which isn't going to change anytime soon..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
The idea sounds good on paper and I'm for it but it wouldn't work
Americans like cheap food more then they are willing to admit. Eliminating the immigrant work force would have a dramatic effect on the cost of food.

Until the country is willing to pay 4x the price for bread nothing will change. America is built on the exploitation of the lower classes which isn't going to change anytime soon..

Sorry, that is just utter B.S.

While I agree there is much exploitation going on, and things need to be fixed, in terms of profit sharing and wages.

But using legal American workers will not dramatically increase the cost of our food, vast majority is done by machinery; plucking the product from the field is just a small part of the cost.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Personally I am not terribly angry with the illegals themselves, so I have a plan that I believe will work as intended and be generally friendly to those already here (if they choose to stay).

1) End the drug war and have some realistic and common sense solutions. I mean, let's be honest, most of the drug problem in this country is legally and illegally obtained pharmaceuticals, not what most people think of when they say drugs.

This will effectively remove the tit off which the cartels in Mexico feed, allowing the government to seriously reduce corruption.

2) Send advisers to Mexico to assist them in what way we can to create a better job market and system for them.

3) Fire the border patrol, shoot, toss in port security and customs while we're at it. Yep, I said it and it'll make sense further down.

4) Close overseas military bases, housing US troops on US soil again. Why pay to defend the nation twice when you really only need to pay once. Plus, military guys are cheaper than civilians, are already trained, already have tons of resources (guns, drones, thermal imaging, etc).

5) Create a more hospitable system for immigration, perhaps an Ellis Island Initiative (what I call it) specifically for those coming from Latin and South America. Document them, finger print them, give them US IDs upon arrival. Hell, you can even take their DNA if you want as the price of admission.

Work with bus and train lines to shuttle them to other states so there is no disproportionate concentration of them in any specific states. We already foot the bill for Amtrak, might as well get some use out of em.

6) Create a harsh punishment for any employer who hires illegals (notice this is last). You can not fix the problem by going backwards. You must plug the leak before you get rid of the water that has come in from said leak.

Peace
KJ

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What about immigrants who work under the table?

What about immigrants who are employed by sympathetic individuals of the same ethnicity?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As a construction worker, I must say I don't mind illegal Mexicans here. They really do do the work that would make me want to quit my job(being the spoiled natural citizen that I am), and they work hard, and are damn good people in my opinion. They are not violent, they are not criminals. They are just trying to survive and coexist.

I didn't feel this way until I started working with them, and I saw that all the stereotypes were rubbish. I'd rather hang out with essés any day than you bitter old white people that know nothing about them.

ETA Their women are the most beautiful in the world. Send them all to me if you wanna send em somewhere.
edit on 5-6-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

that's the rub of course. and since every senator has illegals working in their kitchen at home, it will never pass anyway

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

It's not immigrants that this person is against. It's illegal immigrants; there's a humongous difference between the two. Somehow there's a lot of people who just don't seem to understand that.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

We understand that, and are discussing it in that context. Just leaving out the extra word. That's a whole second of our lives wasted.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The only way to end this problem is LEGALIZE DRUGS. Yes do it and we'll have no more cartel violence and thus no more reasons to run away from Mexico and plus more job opportunities

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Better ideas!

1) End NAFTA. Know why all these farm laborers are coming up here? Because NAFTA killed Mexican agriculture. Basically, all the subsidies that the United States gives its agricultural sector means that Iowa corn is cheaper than Mexican corn - in Mexico, the place that INVENTED corn. California strawberries are cheaper than Mexican strawberries, Florida oranges are cheaper than Yucatan oranges, etc. if these people could put their skill sets to work in their own neighborhood, do you think they'd be tossing their life savings so some guy could hustle them through the desert for a chance at slave wages and deportation? Of course not! With NAFTA, US agriculture has been crushing Mexican agriculture, just like the Canadian timber industry has been putting America's timber industry out on its ass. Fortunately for Canada, the United States doesn't rely on timber like Mexico relies on farming.

Ooooor how about...

2) Reform immigration to become more open and less expensive. Seriously, if you claim your only problem is that illegals didn't "go through the process" then you shouldn't have any problem with making that process less expensive and far less of a hassle. having five grand and a notary public on hand to handle the paperwork really isn't that great a way to determine how well you'll do in our country, right? Used to be, the only requirements were that you not be covered in tuberculosis, and write your name and place of origin in a book. even then, if you managed to get into the country "unofficially" no one had a problem so long as you pulled your share in the community. There was no "Gasp! Sascha didn't write his name in the book! CALL THE COPS!" mentality.

The problem isn't the immigrants, and it's not even the people who employ the immigrants. it's the policies that create the need to migrate, and the other policies that make immigration impossibly hard if you're not already wealthy and European.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
The only way to end this problem is LEGALIZE DRUGS. Yes do it and we'll have no more cartel violence and thus no more reasons to run away from Mexico and plus more job opportunities

I'm a big advocate of legalizing Mary Jane, correct me if I'm wrong, but the cartel is more of a......big dawg drug trafficker....like...coke/crack right? How would that help!?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by querious

The department of labor says half of all farm workers are illegal immigrants. If we eliminate illegal workers half of the work force disappears. Its been shown that American aren't willing to work those jobs for the pay that illegals are making. Wouldn't farms have to increase the pay to attract American workers? If it cost more to harvest crops would that not result in an increase in the cost of the goods being sold?

Are Americans willing to pay more for food? Especially in this economy?

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 5-6-2011 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Holy mother of googa-mooga!! That is by far the best suggestion I have read on this thread! You sir / ma'am / creature deserve a cookie!
edit on 5-6-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Interesting article, which is in California, and agriculture is only part of the issue of illegal immigration.

It really started to sting, when the illegal aliens started moving into the construction and manufacturing trade. If it was just the Ag business it wouldn't effect as many legal workers, especially in construction trade.

There has been much debate on who will fill the ranks, if we squeezed out the illegal immigrants out of the Ag business, ever read "Grapes of Wrath"?

There are many citizens willing to take that role, especially now, I've read articles about high school dropouts being candidates, and willing. Of course people don't want to do that if there are other alternatives, it's hard hard work, no doubt... but when times get tough and you get hungry, your standards drop a bit, and you are willing to take jobs you wouldn't have considered 2 years ago.

Same thing with Master degrees taking Mcdonald jobs. That used to be the tow line, that 'Americans aren't willing to do those jobs'

but I don't think that is the case anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't think Americans will work for min. wage picking fruit or other crops.

edit on 5-6-2011 by whaaa because: pt

You think???

Why don't we try it and see if you're right?

If you are - and I think you're wrong - we could always invite all the illegals to come back ...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
See I was right!

U.S. Special Ops Troops Deployed in Mexico, Leaked Briefing Confirms

Thread

next we will own Mexico.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What you fail to realize is that these companies pay taxes, the owners of these companies invest in prisons or politics or banks. You can't have them losing out on so much money. So the employing of illegal immigrants will be fought half-arsed, while the demonizing of illegal immigrants will reach staggering heights.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

What you fail to realize is that these companies pay taxes, the owners of these companies invest in prisons or politics or banks. You can't have them losing out on so much money. So the employing of illegal immigrants will be fought half-arsed, while the demonizing of illegal immigrants will reach staggering heights.

That doesn't make any sense, why would they promote the demonizing of illegal immigrants, if they want to profit from their existence? which will make it harder and more expensive to utilize them.

The people who are vocalizing the illegal immigration issue, are the ones that realize our unemployment rate is staggering, and we can no longer afford to allow those jobs to go to illegal immigrants.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by whaaa
I don't think Americans will work for min. wage picking fruit or other crops.

edit on 5-6-2011 by whaaa because: pt

You think???

Why don't we try it and see if you're right?

If you are - and I think you're wrong - we could always invite all the illegals to come back ...

Times are pretty tough now. How many white people do you see in the orchards and fields, motel cleaning crew,
food services, roofers, chicken processing plants, etc. Try it and see what happens to prices. You ready for runaway inflation. How will those problems be addressed? How much will it cost to jail or deport the 13 million illegals living in the US.

www.fairus.org...

It's an enormous, complex problem and simplistic solutions are only good for campaign rhetoric, not reality.

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join