It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to end illegal immigration in a month, its incredably simple.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If this one simple law were enacted, illegal immigration would end very fast. GO AFTER THE EMPLOYERS.

1.Anyone caught employing an illegal alien is fined $10,000 per incident, first offense. Second offense, double the fine. Third offense, triple the fine and six months in jail. Fourth offense, confiscate all their property and jail them 5 years. This would quickly take the air out of the sails of any incentive to hire illegal labor. The other effect would be that suddenly they cant get a roofer for 5 dollars an hour. They will have to hire a natural born citizen, and the wages might just start to go up. That guy, instead of shipping most of his earnings back to Latin America, might actually spend his earnings here, and the money starts to go into the local economy. If this law were truly enacted, within 6 months you would see half of them gone. They could do this as easily as they try to pass the laws against illegals themselves, but they don't, because the truth is, the politicians dont want to see an end to the flow of cheap labor their lobbyists depend on.

2. Start immediate economic sanctions against Mexico, until they start to do something to create real jobs in their own country and raise living conditions for their citizens. Put real pressure on the ruling class there to start to create economic justice for all people there, not just a few ruling families (sounds familiar, right). We put sanctions against countries half a world away for being less of a threat to our national security than the grinding poverty in Mexico does. That should change. But again it wont, because the Elites on both sides of the border want to keep things just the way they are.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
some already do

but it wont make a difference as long as sanctuary states and cities exist.

going after the employer is a nice idea but the reality is is just how big this country is

and too many people in this country think its a constitutional right for illegals to live and work here.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Great thoughts, you and RichardA's post from just a bit ago, are on same wavelength:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by RichardA
Simple solution, $100k fine per illegal a business hires and enforce it. 2nd offense you lose your business license and 100k fine for each illegal found employed at said business.. 3rd offense 1 year in prison (not jail) and 100k fine for each illegal found working at said business. Make this a nationwide policy and watch the illegals flock back to Mexico or where they are from.

Would be great to really make that happen. It would definitely be effective.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I don't want to sound like I'm attacking you or this tread in anyway. I really don't mean it if you feel this.

Would you want this if you was an Immigrant? Cause I sure wouldn't.
Why are people so hard on Immigrants?
All they try to achieve is a better life for their family's.

Heck, These guys do the jobs you guys don't even want to do. We shouldn't have to get rid of em.
Plenty of other ways to help Us and them, Don't forget we're all HUMAN!.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Without cheap immigrant labor, either legal or illegal, crops will rot in the field and prices of hand picked vegetables will sky rocket and will only be for the wealthy.

I don't think Americans will work for min. wage picking fruit or other crops.

edit on 5-6-2011 by whaaa because: pt

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Won't happen. Too many pockets being lined. I watched the movie Food, Inc., (great watch, btw...highly recommended) and they did a segment about Smithfield Ham. This company advertised in Mexico to bring workers into the US and would bus families in from up to 200 miles away to work at the plant located in NC. When illegal immigration started becoming (more of) a big topic, the movie went on to expose the cover-up involving the cops going after the workers' in their homes after hours to bust them. They never touched Smithfield. There was more to the story but that was a brief summary. This company was advertising over the border to bring in illegals to work and busing them to the facility, for crying out loud, yet the cops busted the workers.

I absolutely agree that the employers are the roots of the problem and until that gets fixed, the problem won't go away.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

I think everybody understands that, and for many years allowed them to come without much restriction.

Things are different now, and over the course of time the flood of immigration has overwhelmed our societal services.

Our schools, hospitals, libraries are grown gradually based on population, and individual taxes. So as the population steadily grows, more revenue comes in and we slowly grow the infrastructure.

When you have a flood of people that overrun the infrastructure, and don't pay taxes, the system gets overloaded, and the legal tax paying citizens suffer; over-crowded schools, hospitals, etc.
Is that fair?

We as a society understand that, and welcome hard working honest people, we have a 'legal' immigration path to let the come here and enjoy our society with us, and enhance it with their skills.

But when you come here illegally, you circumvent the entire system design and everything breaks down.

To put it in terms for younger people: Say you paid for $150.00 for a 3day concert, and on 2nd day triple the amount of people crashed the gates, and didn't have to pay, so many that you couldn't move around at all, all the porta-potties are overflowed, no water to be had, trashcans overflowing... blahblah (hah, speaking from actual experience on that one!),,
how would you feel about that?
Everybody on the inside gates are having fun, and you can't afford the ticket, so it's ok for everybody to bypass the gate (because everybody on inside is having fun, and you think you deserve to too, even though you don't have a ticket, and when it happens the whole event is shut down for everyone.)?

No, you have to have an orderly and organized entry process, for the benefit of everyone.
edit on 5-6-2011 by querious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d988a940bc3f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I see a way it could be done in 15 days. send the military in to clean out the drug cartel and take over Mexico and make it part of the USA. The end of illegals.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know one ,takes a week,we need to get rid of the drug users in AMERICA so the cartels in latin america dont have that market ,so the honest laborers in those countries go back to their lands to work instead of being force to work for the drug lords,and escape that situation by becoming illegals in this country.SOOO SIMPLE!!...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

hah, It seems like a fanciful idea, but I think you're joking though right?

I mean, it would instantly have a 'water-leveling' effect, meaning our economies would equalize in the middle, ours would go way down and there's way up.

Not sure I'm keen on that approach.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They're already going after the employers, just not going after them enough.

I have an even simpler step that would stop illegal immigration OVERNIGHT.

Place land mines along the entire Mexico / USA border. Have a computer system randomly turn on different sections of the mine field on different days, so that even border agents can't be paid off by smugglers looking to find out how they can get a path through.

USA is NOT a signatory of the Land Mine accord, and uses over 1 million of them on the border between the Koreas. As they are using them there, there is no moral argument on the use of using landmines for border security.

A few dead Mexicans left out in the desert for the crows would be a pretty strong deterrent to others.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Many More illegals are smuggled in by Truck, Boat and plane than cross the border between the US and Mexico.
Do you think ranchers are going to want mines on their land where cattle graze?

The best way to stop illegals is to make them want to stay in Mexico thru economic policy. Illegals are going to continue to come to the US as long as big business that thrives on cheap labor is allowed to essentially write the laws concerning immigration.

Everyday there are trucks and buses full of workers crossing the border to work in the big agri business farms, live on the property of the farm owners then perhaps follow the harvest to other states and other harvests.
There is much more to illegal immigration than a few wetbacks hanging out at the local Lowes waiting for someone that needs some yard work done. And it's all fueled by big money dependent on cheap labor. Money talks and BS walks.

edit on 5-6-2011 by whaaa because: ptpt

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I am not anti immigrant. This is not a post against illegal immigration, its a post against the system that exploits both the American and the Latin workers. The system as it is, is set up to deflate wages and insource work to people with no recourse for higher wages and rights. That is the problem, not people who are for all intents and purposes, economic refugees of globalism.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
One of the main reasons so many people are coming here from Latin America is they are suffering from the effects of Globalization. Thousands of corn farmers in Mexico lost their livelyhood from policies of NAFTA. I am not against these people, to the contrary, we need to help them. But we need to do so by demanding economic and labor justice in their native countries, and for us here.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I've got a better idea......

pull out all the troops from Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya........

then have them patrolling your borders.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by querious

Mexico can offer a lot in the economical side as the government is just as corrupt as ours. as for the drug addicts well, we need to stop feeding them. I mean they can't get any government assistance meaning money, health care etc. If they want to kill themselves then they need to do it on their own and not make it a tax payer problem. also take a look at the CIA report on Mexico it really is not that bad. Most Americans would hate is as they will not be able to get the lawn mowed for $10.00 anymore. I see it as a workable solution.

CIA Report

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
One of the main reasons so many people are coming here from Latin America is they are suffering from the effects of Globalization. Thousands of corn farmers in Mexico lost their livelyhood from policies of NAFTA. I am not against these people, to the contrary, we need to help them. But we need to do so by demanding economic and labor justice in their native countries, and for us here.

If you can do that in a month, like the title states, all I can say is...."well done"
edit on 5-6-2011 by whaaa because: ptptptptpt

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungMind92

You forgot the key word is "illegal" immigrant
hes not talking about people who immigrate legally.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
so you have all these people here then with no jobs. then they committ crimes to stay alive, and the jails are over crowded and we're paying for them to get 3 squares a day

nah, pass

the way things are going there will be no reason to come here in 10 years anyway

til then., lets not kill small businesses

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join