It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.coli originates in animals, NOT vegetables. Why are they lying?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by coquine

i think i might have another engagement when you have your next BBQ.

boil the water before you serve it and make ice cubes.

wow.

yes you can develop an immunity but wow.

edit on 6-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

-One of the set backs of being somewhere the cattle is not given systematic antibiotics! They live in small herds over a large range and only get yearly vaccinations if not sick.

But I have searched and searched and only come up with info on how bacteria can be come resistant to antibiotics, but not whether people can build up a natural resistance to bacteria!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The cucumber story was odd from the start. As this ecoli strain is resistant to antibiotics then it had to be exposed to antibiotics in the first place and that won't happen on a cucumber. So it had to originate inside the gut of something that was on antibiotics..

But I have searched and searched and only come up with info on how bacteria can be come resistant to antibiotics, but not whether people can build up a natural resistance to bacteria!

We are each a grand planet colonised by trillions of bacteria. We have more inhabitants within us, per individual than the human population on earth. Its not really us per say that develops the immunity but rather the bacteria within us develops the immunity and we, as the host benefit. All that strange DNA that we have is mostly made up of viruses. While the placenta is a classic bacterial/fungus ring there are numerous viral products of LINEs and SINEs and endogenous retroviruses coded within us.
There's a really really interesting book called VIROLUTION by Frank Ryan Link here.

Why is it interesting...

"Frank Ryan's book is an important work because it provides a clarification of viruses's role in evolution and it highlights that mutation is not the only driving force for hereditary change. Using several recent and well-studied examples, he shows that symbiogenesis, hybridogenesis and epigenetic inheritance are also powerful mechanisms of genomic creativity. By making a bridge between biology and medicine, Frank Ryan introduces a new perspective on disease and shows that it is possible to develop new tools to fight several plagues of the modern era, such as AIDS and cancer."

Seriously its a fascinating read and you will think differently about yourself afterwards.
edit on 6-6-2011 by LexiconV because: added a link for book

<< 1   >>

join