It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.coli originates in animals, NOT vegetables. Why are they lying?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have checked this out by reading several articles on ecoli from mainstream medical sources, and each one states that e.coli originates in the intestines of animals. No other origin is recognised - except the fact that it can then be passed on from person to person because of a lack of hygiene, eg. unwashed hands.

I then came across this article on Natural News

www.naturalnews.com...

NaturalNews) The e.coli outbreak in Germany is raising alarm worldwide as scientists are now describing this particular strain of e.coli as "extremely aggressive and toxic." Even worse, the strain is resistant to antibiotics, making it one of the world's first widespread superbug food infections that's racking up a noticeable body count while sickening thousands.

Of course, virtually every report you'll read on this in the mainstream media has the facts wrong. This isn't about cucumbers being dangerous, because e.coli does not grow on cucumbers. E.coli is an intestinal strain of bacteria that only grows inside the guts of animals (and people). Thus, the source of all this e.coli is ANIMAL, not vegetable.

But the media won't admit that. Because the whole agenda here is to kill your vegetables but protect the atrocious practices of the factory animal meat industries. The FDA, in particular, loves all these outbreaks because it gives them more moral authority to clamp down on gardens and farms. They've been trying to irradiate and fumigate fresh veggies in the USA for years. (www.naturalnews.com...)

(.....)

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

So, once again it seems they are deliberately pedalling a knowingly false story.

If this is the case, it begs the question 'Who benefits?'.

The answer that springs to mind is GM food. We know from the wikileaks cables that the Europeans have refused to accept GM food and that the US said it would need to take measure to 'persuade' them accept GM.

Could this be the real reason behind the lies about the innocent cucumber?

WikiLeaks: US targets EU over GM crops
www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 5-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You watch, there will be a big "expose" on organic farming practices and the msm will spin some insane story about how Organic food is bad for you and can cause you to get sick and die all while pushing the GM agenda telling you that industrial farming techniques are safer and cleaner and that we should all trust monsanto and the like.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
But if you have animals on the farm that grows vegetables, then the manure from them dries up and blows onto the vegetables by the wind. It can travel from one farm to the next that way. Has happened before and will happen again

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ramuh
But if you have animals on the farm that grows vegetables, then the manure from them dries up and blows onto the vegetables by the wind. It can travel from one farm to the next that way. Has happened before and will happen again

Wouldn't most bacteria die by this time?

Especially types of bacteria that are used to having a host?

Probably.

Otherwise a few infected cows downwind could infect an entire city, wouldn't you think?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The cucumber story was retracted by Germany early last week. I am starting to think the news is late getting to other parts of the world outside of Europe??

But anyway.... though it is true that E. Coli comes from animals, it can infect vegetables and water.

Fertilizer used on crops comes from animal feces.
Wells can also be infected when the area around has cattle or other animals on it.

One can get infected various ways.

edit on 5-6-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

yep! just like the craziness with the 'raw milk' thing.
All that energy into stopping a few people from consuming something we have for a millennium or more. What is the real story to that?

I keep seeing the word 'organic' in the stories, not sure why that is relevant, it's farmed food and can be contaminated by either conventional or organic methods.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I will add information to back your OP up with more sources.

Most E. coli strains are harmless, but some, such as serotype O157:H7, can cause serious food poisoning in humans, and are occasionally responsible for product recalls.[1][2] The harmless strains are part of the normal flora of the gut, and can benefit their hosts by producing vitamin K2,[3] and by preventing the establishment of pathogenic bacteria within the intestine

E.coli Wiki

So essentially it's a intestinal based bacterium that aids in digestion and protecting us from other more dangerous bacterium.

So it appears many organisms with developed digestive tracts indeed have living E.coli within them at this very moment.

E. coli normally colonizes an infant's gastrointestinal tract within 40 hours of birth, arriving with food or water or with the individuals handling the child. In the bowel, it adheres to the mucus of the large intestine. It is the primary facultative anaerobe of the human gastrointestinal tract.[24] (Facultative anaerobes are organisms that can grow in either the presence or absence of oxygen.) As long as these bacteria do not acquire genetic elements encoding for virulence factors, they remain benign commensals.

Interesting reading at the Wiki link, and it gives tons of other sources for where it derived this information so check the original sources as well. I personally didn't know much of this stuff.

Also the 2nd paragraph claims that E.coli can transfer through the feces of other animals through the environment but that they die without a host relatively quickly so it's balanced out and nature itself is preventing mass pandemic.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
The cucumber story was retracted by Germany early last week. I am starting to think the news is late getting to other parts of the world outside of Europe??

But anyway.... though it is true that E. Coli comes from animals, it can infect vegetables and water.

Wells can also be infected when the area around has cattle or other animals on it.

Wiki claims they can only live brief periods outside of animal's bodies.

I will look for an exact calculation on what the duration of their life expectancy is outside of host organisms.

Oh, and I have not heard anything about the retraction of the cucumber hoax yet. Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Green onions are typically a good source because within the fold of onion skins as they layer upon one another the bacteria can thrive and remain alive as long as it is with "manure". It is the source of manure that should be questioned, and the realization that this is why we "Compost"!

Most green onions are not cooked but eaten raw after a thorough cleaning, but how can you clean within?

Someone is missing a step and at our expense! That is, of course, if this is not some man-made attempt or some Monsanto Frankenstein on our hands..literally!

I highly doubt this is from veggies!
edit on 6/5/2011 by Greensage because: additionally

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Because of its long history of laboratory culture and ease of manipulation, E. coli also plays an important role in modern biological engineering and industrial microbiology.[72] The work of Stanley Norman Cohen and Herbert Boyer in E. coli, using plasmids and restriction enzymes to create recombinant DNA, became a foundation of biotechnology

E.coli appears to be the poster boy for Genetic Modification.

It is extremely easy to manipulate it's genetics it is claimed. Scary.

That opens a big door to Conspiracy.

And keep this in mind and read this link from Wiki on the Soviet Biological Weapons Programs, the Biopreparat.

I am not saying it had a Russian origin, I am just pointing out that in 1st world nations it's fairly common to have a totally secret black biological weapons project. And typically it's vast and widespread through dozens of laboratories.

We don't know much if anything about US or EU, Chinese, Indian, etc biological weapons programs. We don't know anything about what large Pharmaceutical corporations do in their laboratories either! Even the corporations have the capability and tools on hand to create all sorts of biological weapons or 'super-bugs'.

It has been said that anyone with a 20,000 $ chemistry set can also create a personal biological weapons program in their very own garage.

So just keep in mind there are tons of human sources this deadly strain could have come from, while at the same time it could have been a totally natural development randomly. Hard to say.

Oh and since E.coli is so important in Genetic Modification techniques, perhaps it was introduced and mutated due to some sort of GM experiments that we have never heard about yet?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
When I saw all of the vegetables being thrown away I saw this as being a way to hasten the food crisis. And the fact that it is fruits and veggies. Get rid of foods with good nutrients and that's another attack on people's health.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
E-coli is a natural occuring bacteria in the intestines of all mammals.

Escherichia coli ( /ˌɛʃəˈrɪkiə ˈkoʊlaɪ/; commonly abbreviated E. coli; named after Theodor Escherich) is a Gram-negative, rod-shaped bacterium that is commonly found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms (endotherms). Most E. coli strains are harmless

E-coli is even used in certian medicines.

Nonpathogenic Escherichia coli strain Nissle 1917 also known as Mutaflor is used as a probiotic agent in medicine, mainly for the treatment of various gastroenterological diseases,[26] including inflammatory bowel disease.[27]

E-coli can easily be manipulated.... (for evil perhaps?)

The bacterium can also be grown easily, and its genetics are comparatively simple and easily manipulated or duplicated through a process of metagenics, making it one of the best-studied prokaryotic model organisms, and an important species in biotechnology and microbiology.

Before 1982 this naturally occuring bacteria was not considered a "disease".

Changes in society, technology, our environment, and microorganism themselves are affecting the occurrence of foodborne, bacterial and mycotic diseases. For example, E. coli 0157 first emerged in the 1980s and spread through complex ecologies to contaminate a growing variety of foods

Don't kid yourselves kids... E-coil has been altered by TPTB to help control the population. It has taken almost 30 years to become more "efficent". I doubt that we will ever be given the "whole" picture on this outbreak but I'm sure it will be "controlled" by the doctors in Europe and the data examined by evil scientests somewhere..

WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
After working in Grocery Retail for about 20years and also being a farmer...professional for the last 10 years...

Let me say that E.Coli comes from feces...animal or human. It can contaminate any fresh foods...plant or meat.

The secret is sanitation and proper food handling procedures.

For instance, a box of improperly washed and processed chickens( at the slaughter house they kill and rip the insides and then dip and "wash" the chicken carcass in the same e.coli tainted bath that a few hundred chickens went through) are packed in ice in a wax coated bax. The wholesaler has an order to a retail outlet..ie a restuarant for 3 cases. These 3 cases of contaminated chickens are stacked on a pallet next to 4-5 cases of fresh raw vegetables...maybe some lettuce, a fe tomatoes, and a case of onions.

In the course of handling, loading other orders, and then unloading this particular order...the box of chickens are temporarily stacked on top of the lettuce and green onions...the melted ice carrying e.coli bacteria drips down into and onto the lettuce and onions....there is your contamination....after off loading, proper storage of both items is followed, BUT IT IS TOO LATE...the e.coli bacteria grows and spreads throughout the shipped lettuce and onions.

As the day goes on, the lettuce is prepped and washed...removing dirt but not the e.coli...and set up on the prep table..where fresh salads are put together...chopped lettuces mixed with the contaminated onion greens and peppers and other fresh non-contaminated veggies.

The salad mix then goes onto the food line...most is properly chilled, but the upper portions of the salad off ice reach above 40 degrees...( this is the danger point...40-140 degrees at room temps bacteria multiply by a million every 30 minutes)...the "fresh" greens are eaten by the rush hour crowd out for an evening of fine dining...and suddenly, you have an outbreak of E.Coli.

Or, how about out in the field..the harvesters are cutting lettuce...the port a john is way down at the other end of the field and a tree is conveniently close by...the worker rushes to the tree...does his business...DOES NOT WASH HIS HANDS...and every head he cuts then becomes contaminated...

Don't think such things do not happen? A few years ago, a mass outbreak of e.coli on tomatoes in the US was traced back to Mexican fields where just such practices were in place.

Anyone that has taken and been certified in the Serve Safe class can verify what I am saying. Although health codes and food laws seem draconian at times, they are in place to prevent this very thing from happening. The last grocery store , I managed the food court, deli/bakery, meat, and produce...and we checked and documented temps every hour...every item in a coller was dated and rotated, any items in doubt were thrown out and minused out of inventory... as such, our Food Grade in NC was 103..Grade A...we got the extra points for being certified ServSafe.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Perhaps, but is water a host? If not, it won't survive long in water - or on veg which definitely aren't a host.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Perhaps, but is water a host? If not, it won't survive long in water - or on veg which definitely aren't a host.

The reservoir of this pathogen appears to be mainly cattle and other ruminants such as camels. It is transmitted to humans primarily through consumption of contaminated foods, such as raw or undercooked ground meat products and raw milk. Fecal contamination of water and other foods, as well as cross-contamination during food preparation (with beef and other meat products, contaminated surfaces and kitchen utensils), will also lead to infection. Examples of foods implicated in outbreaks of E. coli O157:H7 include undercooked hamburgers, dried cured salami, unpasteurized fresh-pressed apple cider, yogurt, cheese and milk. An increasing number of outbreaks are associated with the consumption of fruits and vegetables (sprouts, lettuce, coleslaw, salad) whereby contamination may be due to contact with faeces from domestic or wild animals at some stage during cultivation or handling. EHEC has also been isolated from bodies of water (ponds, streams), wells and water troughs, and has been found to survive for months in manure and water-trough sediments. Waterborne transmission has been reported, both from contaminated drinking-water and from recreational waters.

www.who.int...

We have our water tested at home once a month because we have cattle all around and it sometimes infects the water sources. We also seem to develop a resistance to many bacteria like this, because tests will come up positive and we'll be told not to drink it, when no one in the family had any symptoms. Or guests who drink our water will get diarrhea, when we have none. It makes me curious about the possibility of beign able to build up an immunity or resistance to such bacteriums?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coquine

i think i might have another engagement when you have your next BBQ.

boil the water before you serve it and make ice cubes.

wow.

washing veggies should be standard o p.

ground meats are very susceptible to infection. whole muscle meats are less.

onions are a real threat besides pot/pasta salad with mayo, etc, etc.

yes you can develop an immunity but wow.

edit on 6-6-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
They keep most cattle alive with antibiotics , no wonder they start to become immune.

Here is a LIVING open cow stomach:

Open living COW

Some of you might also be interested in this little masterpiece about Corn, it is all related IMHO.

King Corn

In this documentary they also show that most of the (hamburger) beef market is one large FACTORY of MEAT producing living entities full off antibiotics. I would not dare to call them cows any more...

edit on 6-6-2011 by EarthOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Good post.

I wash all fruit and veg before I use it, because despite best practice on the farm, there is still a high chance of contamination during transport and handling before it gets to the shelf.

Title of this thread is quite misleading too and naturalnews strikes again...

edit on 6/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Informative, tnx!

I am in the process of growing my own veggies with an aquaponics system, Do you know if Fish can have E.Coli in their faeces as well?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

The reservoir of this pathogen appears to be mainly cattle and other ruminants such as camels. It is transmitted to humans primarily through consumption of contaminated foods, such as raw or undercooked ground meat products and raw milk. Fecal contamination of water and other foods, as well as cross-contamination during food preparation (with beef and other meat products, contaminated surfaces and kitchen utensils), will also lead to infection. Examples of foods implicated in outbreaks of E. coli O157:H7 include undercooked hamburgers, dried cured salami, unpasteurized fresh-pressed apple cider, yogurt, cheese and milk. An increasing number of outbreaks are associated with the consumption of fruits and vegetables (sprouts, lettuce, coleslaw, salad) whereby contamination may be due to contact with faeces from domestic or wild animals at some stage during cultivation or handling. EHEC has also been isolated from bodies of water (ponds, streams), wells and water troughs, and has been found to survive for months in manure and water-trough sediments. Waterborne transmission has been reported, both from contaminated drinking-water and from recreational waters.

www.who.int...

We have our water tested at home once a month because we have cattle all around and it sometimes infects the water sources. We also seem to develop a resistance to many bacteria like this, because tests will come up positive and we'll be told not to drink it, when no one in the family had any symptoms. Or guests who drink our water will get diarrhea, when we have none. It makes me curious about the possibility of beign able to build up an immunity or resistance to such bacteriums?

I'm no expert but I do think it's possible to build up a natural resistance to many bacteria. For example, when I go to India I am very careful about eating raw veg in restaurants, the reason being that unless they are thoroughly washed, there are bacteria which will make foreigners ill with the well known 'Delhi belly', although the Indians themselves are fine with the food - because they have built up a natural resistance.

In the case of this particular E..Coli outbreak I'm suspicious, however, because it is a 'new strain' - like the 'new strain' of H1N1 which much evidence suggests was created in a lab by the Shyster Monsters in charge.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join